Shutting down Acidplanet.com

Comments

Former user wrote on 5/26/2018, 3:55 AM

Mathius at the end of the day is the guy in the office welcoming us to Magix and listening to our ideas and suggestions, he is not the Executive or has the power to close Acidplanet.

ITCHYPHOX wrote on 5/26/2018, 4:58 AM

There's still an upload to acidplanet.com button on the ACID pro 8 DAW toolbar. It's not easy letting go.

Former user wrote on 5/26/2018, 9:19 AM

A little memento

EnochtheRad wrote on 5/27/2018, 5:24 AM

German engineering aint what it used to be...

johnebaker wrote on 5/27/2018, 7:00 AM

@EnochtheRad

Please remove the advert/ebay link from your signature - advertising is not allowed in the forum - see the Community rule #4 here.

John EB

Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 5/27/2018, 7:00 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Noradr3nlin wrote on 5/27/2018, 7:07 AM

German engineering aint what it used to be...

Ableton 😀

EnochtheRad wrote on 5/27/2018, 8:34 AM

The rules don't allow for much expression of personality, emotion, or color and sarchasm; important elements for me to post and interact at "the lounge" level. I don't think such a place exists here.

Former user wrote on 5/27/2018, 8:34 AM

That’s something we have not seen in a long time, a forum administrator/moderator who will keep us in check. John nice to meet you. We had a lot more freedom John at the Acidplanet community and it worked, there were no issues, but yeah time has changed and we have policies and rules, as it was mentioned by Enoch in his forum post in which I draw your attention to said other forum, could you provide us with a lounge with a kind of little restrictions as we at acidplanet would love to express our opinions and ideas in many ways.

Former user wrote on 5/27/2018, 8:47 AM

@Forum moderator John, there were a lot of musicians at acidplanet who would leave links to new musical equipment such as electric guitars, keyboards, microphones etc which is basically advertising and I have been with acidplanet since 1999 and as far as I can remember there were no restrictions as said musicians were passing on their new purchases and suggestions. Do you have a forum to leave links with regards to musical equipment for example?

emmrecs wrote on 5/27/2018, 8:58 AM

@EnochtheRad and @Former user

John EB, like myself and ALL the moderators on the Magix forums, are users of the software, not Magix employees. None of us has any control over which, if any, new forum areas might be created; only Magix staff can do that.

Speaking entirely in a personal capacity, I do not see the need for a Lounge area in a forum which is fundamentally designed to allow user-to-user support in running Magix software. In the present set-up, it is very easy for Moderators to "advise" posters who e.g. advertise non-Magix products, or use language that is not suitable for a public forum (remembering that minors can access it), that such input is contrary to the forum rules established by Magix.

To introduce a lounge area where any such "restrictions" might be absent could, and probably would, lead to the expression of views which are potentially unacceptable to at least some of the members of the forum.

Moderators are charged with keeping the forum helpful and friendly towards and supportive of ALL users; I think it would be very hard to maintain that situation if an additional area were introduced where posters were "free to say whatever they wished to say", without any regard to others' views and opinions.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Last changed by emmrecs on 5/27/2018, 8:59 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Former user wrote on 5/27/2018, 9:47 AM

We at the acidplanet were great friends with each other through the past couple of decades and up to the total destruction of acidplanet there were no insults in our community but respect for each other and we learned from each other’s musical capabilities and skills and shared our ideas and our opinions or expressions in a positive manner. I have lost artists I have known for a long time who passed away suddenly or died in an accident, many of us were like family. You will never ever find that anywhere else in a music website. Is creating music all about the freedom of thoughts and expression? I am not talking about posting nonsense or throwing insults at each other, I am talking about having the room to breath and express our opinions or thoughts professionally without insulting or offending anyone in the Magix community, my time here already has been an adventure meeting new artists from Magix and listening to great music and receiving positive feedback for my music. Believe me when I say this but no one likes changes but there has to be a balance and compromise to communicate more freely without said restriction.

fetter339 wrote on 5/27/2018, 10:37 AM

+1

johnebaker wrote on 5/27/2018, 10:51 AM

@EnochtheRad

Thank you for changing your signature.

@Former user

I would agree with the sentiments in your post, however 'without restriction' has dangers.

A forum has to have a framework of rules in order to maintain the friendly nature, support and the desire to help from and for its members, within that framework 'room to breath and express our opinions or thoughts professionally without insulting or offending anyone in the Magix community' is achievable and desired.

However, there is occasionally a member who cannot post, in such a manner as is desired, without using unacceptable language, having a rant, cause discord and/or complain bitterly about 'the rules', Magix or their products.

This is when the Moderators come in, with the Community Rules as their frame of reference, and advice from Magix in certain cases, for action on these posts.

I too wish the friendships built up on Acidplanet to continue and be a success on the new forum.

John EB

Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Former user wrote on 5/27/2018, 10:57 AM

John E B Quote: However, there is occasionally a member who cannot post, in such a manner as is desired, without using unacceptable language, having a rant, cause discord and/or complain bitterly about 'the rules', Magix or their products. In that case any such rant or opinion of Magix from a member would be ideally better focused to Magix by message or email privately? I have messaged a fellow acidplanet member privately and Mathius so as not to offend anyone in the forum. If such a person at acidplanet insulted a fellow member in the forum at the time when we had a moderator that person was banned for three months or so which was a warning to others, but that was many years ago, things did improve through time.

Noradr3nlin wrote on 5/27/2018, 3:43 PM

my first few years on AP I was using Acid Pro however about 2002 I discovered Ableton and made the switch. I didnt make a big deal of this on AP as I thought it was irellevant to the nature of AP and its thriving healthy creative community. Its was never about the software really. It was about community building and AP was a perfect example of how an online community can grow and thrive ith very pratcicle oucomes. Side note. I am happy I made the switch back then. Now I teach it. Just like Acid Ableton was laughed at in the begging and called a toy DAW. 2018 says erm no its not a toy its just the best DAW ever created. I will always be greatful that Acid got me interested in producing. I loved working with audio and warping which was unique to Acid att. Infact Ableton took that concept of warping and perfected it.

FantaC-Electronica wrote on 5/27/2018, 11:52 PM

Why do the admins here assume that the lounge should be "without rules"? The entire ap had a set of rules to abide by, the lounge was just a little more relaxed. We had are separated music/tech, suggestions/complaints, newbies and even plugs forum, which each had their purpose, then the lounge was just a place to post without having to worry about being off topic, a place with a more relaxed atmosphere, which doesn't seem to exist here without commenting being turned off.

This is a tough time for all of us as we're all trying to adjust since magix has pretty much forced the ap community to here. As nora said, ap became more than just about the software it promoted. It was a thriving online community, helping millions find their way in the world of music and art, and for many, a place to unwind and express yourself

Former user wrote on 5/28/2018, 5:10 AM

Even when Sony to the point abandoned acidplanet and with no community forum moderators, it was still a well controlled and well behaved community put down to respect and mutual growth over the years, many of us at the planet are quite mature and old in our years as well, like myself who have come over to Magix with the very same principles and manner that we communicate in general.

fetter339 wrote on 5/28/2018, 7:30 AM

I had posted over 300 tunes during the course of 16 years. Many of them are lost as the drives they were on have crashed and are no longer around!

Former user wrote on 5/28/2018, 7:41 AM

I have lost around 800 songs due to ide hard drive corruption, a lot of my music is now backed up on SSD drives.

Danny-in-Canada wrote on 6/5/2018, 10:00 PM

... and the domain-squatters have it.

Angies_Spiral wrote on 6/14/2018, 9:00 AM

Is there anyway to download my acidplanet songs?

I´ve tried the script but doesn´t works...

thanks...

Danny-in-Canada wrote on 6/14/2018, 9:12 AM

unfortunately, unless you have a time machine, the answer is no. Everything was taken down on May 25.

ArchiveTeam managed to save lots and lots of it, and is transferring it to the Wayback Machine on archive.org, but a) there wasn't time to save everything, b) not everything that was saved has been uploaded yet, and c) even if something was saved, it may not have been properly identified. Your songs may be there, but only as <random number>.mp3/.asf/.wma.

Angies_Spiral wrote on 6/14/2018, 1:34 PM

so, where I can buy one time machine?...xd

Sad to lost years of AP and songs without backup or lossed...

carl-borrelli wrote on 6/21/2018, 12:14 AM

As usual I am crushed by the man.... never got a notice, never had a chance, lost 80% of 14 years of art,, now what.