Shutting down Acidplanet.com

Comments

carl-borrelli wrote on 6/21/2018, 12:19 AM

oh well … it all sucked anyway, right.

😬😂😂😔

carl-borrelli wrote on 6/21/2018, 12:36 AM

any way Sony might still have these archives

FantaC-Electronica wrote on 6/21/2018, 9:02 AM

Sony sold the site along with 95% of sony creative software to magix in 2016. ap is gone. though, a group of archivers have managed to save 700gb worth in .warc files. i'm still trying to figure out how to find anything in them

Danny-in-Canada wrote on 6/21/2018, 9:56 AM

still uploading (and tagging) stuff myself. There's a ton that's held separately.

Really, when a site like this is set for shutdown, they should announce it no less than six weeks in advance, to make sure everyone has a chance to save all their stuff.

Angies_Spiral wrote on 6/21/2018, 12:13 PM

The young days songs were in AP...

carl-borrelli wrote on 6/24/2018, 3:14 AM

https://www.magix.info/us/users/profile/Angies_Spiral/

The young days songs were in AP...

EXACTLY..15 hard drives and 8 computers ago.

You know AP was never the same after they closed the live chat room.

carl-borrelli wrote on 6/24/2018, 3:37 AM

FantaC-Electronica wrote on 6/21/2018, 10:02 AM

Sony sold the site along with 95% of sony creative software to magix in 2016. ap is gone. though, a group of archivers have managed to save 700gb worth in .warc files. i'm still trying to figure out how to find anything in them

So I am not up to speed on what a ..warc file is can you explain how to preview the info that kind of file contains can u open the track, see the artist or title

Former user wrote on 6/24/2018, 6:57 PM

Angies Spiral and I produced a couple of songs at Acidplanet back in 2001. https://www.magix.info/uk/media/accoustix-bay-featuring-angies-spiral--1207586/

EnochtheRad wrote on 6/25/2018, 7:28 AM

Forum is intended to serve magix users with magix software. Off Topic area is the de-facto Lounge. It should be a free exchange area, not unrestricted speech area. Magix gripes or commentary should be directed elsewhere.

EnochtheRad wrote on 6/25/2018, 7:42 AM

I noticed that moderators get the last word by locking off threads in the off-topic area. It's this kind of robotic response that dooms community growth beyond the operations manual. This is really the first thing that needs to be changed.

emmrecs wrote on 6/25/2018, 7:58 AM

@EnochtheRad

You are clearly entitled to your opinions. Equally clearly, Magix "owns" these forums and expects users to follow the rules which Magix lays down for them. (They are found at the foot of every forum page.)

A substantial part of the role of Moderators is to act on behalf of Magix to ensure those rules are followed. That is not an opinion, it is a fact.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Last changed by emmrecs on 6/25/2018, 11:48 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

FantaC-Electronica wrote on 6/25/2018, 12:10 PM

FantaC-Electronica wrote on 6/21/2018, 10:02 AM

So I am not up to speed on what a ..warc file is can you explain how to preview the info that kind of file contains can u open the track, see the artist or title

I'm still trying to figure that out myself. The only way i will be able to get any audio files out will be with python scripts. My knowledge is limited there, but i have a friend who may be able to help me out. I'll keep you informed as i progess

FantaC-Electronica wrote on 6/25/2018, 12:18 PM

It seems like some people just want this place to emulate ap, which i doubt will ever happen. ap was something different to everyone, but in this day and age, a place like that will never exist in the same way. From what i understand of the removal of the chart system here, magix seem to want this site as a zero conflict zone. Essentially, safe and boring. If magix ever wants this site to actually compete with the big sites, they need to take risks, but in this world of cut-throat copyright laws and castrating internet laws (soundcloud has brushed with death several times), i don't blame them entirely for being so light footed

EnochtheRad wrote on 6/25/2018, 9:56 PM

Just read the rules, thankyou. I have an airboat to catch. Sorry if you get blown off. It won't happen again. A-Ha.

Zeign wrote on 7/16/2018, 12:07 AM

So if I had songs stored on Acid Planet they are gone for good? I'm pretty sure I've kept my main email up to date over the years and I didn't get any notification :/. I guess if I can't find any backups those files are gone?

carl-borrelli wrote on 7/16/2018, 12:50 AM

Yes the site, your art, your voice all wiped from cyber space. I also was left completely clueless of this attack on my personal art. Read back thru this thread there is a 700gig archive mentioned but I haven't had the time to look at it. let me know if you find anything of yours there. Good luck. C

roxifoxi wrote on 7/16/2018, 10:43 PM

I'm so so so so so so so so so so so so... sad... I just tried to enter to acidplanet today, to download some of my work... and NOW I realized it is gone... forever... with ALL my work... and MY friends... life will never be the same... <sob> here in Puerto Rico there are people who still doesn't have power... and now this... thank you so much Maria... and you too Irma... 😰😰😭😭😭

sonic-mayhym wrote on 7/18/2018, 6:31 PM

so i am just now finding this..so i am getting this right..all of my music..all 200 plus songs on acidplanet got wiped and i have no way to retrieve any of it..WTF!!! you call that building a new community.that truly sucks..

Danny-in-Canada wrote on 7/18/2018, 6:36 PM

so i am just now finding this..so i am getting this right..all of my music..all 200 plus songs on acidplanet got wiped and i have no way to retrieve any of it..WTF!!! you call that building a new community.that truly sucks..

If any of your songs were in any of the remix contests, I saved them (although they might not be labeled) (unless you had downloads disabled). Many people saved much music. What there is, is on archive.org.

Magix didn't want to delete the site, or they would have done so much earlier. Their lawyers told them they had to, or they could have risked being fined.. Their biggest mistake was not announcing it sooner, which would have given time to save everything.

Alexsong1 wrote on 8/5/2018, 9:07 PM

i have been on this site since 2005 and through the years have met and worked with the most talented artist's on this site. The artists on this site gave me hope in myself and showed me love. I will be devastated if this site shuts down

And you shared that hope with me i know. Two artist separated by a country and thousands of miles. You gave me inspiration, love and support any and everytime i asked "listen to this tell me ten truth" weather it was bad or good you said i love it. Because you knew as artist it was about soul searching and finding that perfect cord so you could share it with the world in the most beautiful way possible. Because you knew this was how you were your truth was heard.

This is one witness to you post here and ten truth of it. I love you myfriend MICHELLE ALEXANDRIA VAUGHN

Alexsong1 wrote on 8/5/2018, 11:00 PM

Dear ACID users,

Time to say goodbye and hello! We will be shutting down acidplanet.com on May 25th because we want to bring you into the worldwide ACID community on magix.info. That way we have one big ACID family in the same place.

On magix.info, you can discuss in the forum, share tutorials and upload songs created with ACID!

Thank you everyone for participating in acidplanet.com over the past years. We are excited to welcome you to and involve you in the community of ACID software on magix.info!

Best regards
Mathias

Edit: Changed the Deadline

Edit2: Changed the Deadline

Okay so I have to share this story with you guys because I just lost everything I was in a rehab in Pasadena at LosEncenes hiding from a domestic violence situation where I had been tortured quite literally. so while in hiding I got a day pass and bought Acid 3 at the Best Buy up the road I just bought a new emachine from some crackheads sister who came to visit it bran new in the Box for 20 bucks. And my recording carrier began

I come from a family of musicians my mother was a songwriter offered a contract from Decker records twice my father played bass guitar for Tammy Wynette Johnny Paycheck so I had already how to music background but I was just singer until I bought this software

I wrote my first piano piece at the age of 9 and I play that piano piece all my life I never forgot it and all my life had an unbelievable horrendous beginning

There was prostitution drugs violance all I knew was hard core streets rape and all that goes with it, but I held onto that song and played it every time there was a piano. while in my hiding there was a beautiful antique grand there which happens to be the piano that they conceived Hotel California on as the story goes they started pecking out the concept and after transphering to another hospital ward finished the song. I'm the only person after that to have written on that piano

I had never written a lyrical piece in my life but while in there for 3 months I sit down with acid 3. That beautiful Piano and processed my life so much so that over the next 10 years I would go in and out of that hospital to that piano song after song and unraveled my onion. I consider that place to be the place I was born my birthplace it went from there to little better to little better all the way till I was in college and contracts being considered

one day I called Sony media software I spoke with Steven Foldvari I saidI want to get the new upgrade to the new software and I don't have the money to buy it snd I don't want to steal it so he gav me the serial number for every media software program that they had to offer and every year or version over the next I don't know 10 years. I never had to pay for Sony media software because of my honesth and my (silent producer the founder of musical me) He's such a great guy and what an investment in some one you don't know in my music I've never forgotten it and I cherish the story for his part in it.

I've always posted my music for over the last 15 years because it was it was a history of the worst song I've ever written and the progression of improvement. tha historical piano recording made using acid, It was a timeline of my life,,, and what music has done for it ,,,what Sony media software had done for it,,, and where I had come from and how I got here reborn.

I meet so many artists that inspir me or tell me what they thought of my music or my lyrics I collaborated with so many artists are we take a piece of music that was it instrumental download it and spontaneously record lyrical practice in lyrical composition or just living the instrsmental I'm recording whatever I felt it inspired me to believe in my self. I wrote several songs by collaborating with other artist that i could never have imagined i was going to be part of. Like All in good time as the water seals not really a true collaboration cause he didnt know. i had written lyrics over a piano piece written by Jake Sanderson. Added the track to acid plugged up microphone and what you here is what I recorded one one track recording that was it one take and it turned out to be one of the most beautiful spiritual peace's iv ever heard without predgudic. I presented it to Jake he had no idea I had to download it through he was in a very bad dark place I don't know whether he said he was suicidal and he saves his life or changed his life one I know it changed my life it closed the door of the domestic violence forever and filled me with God's peace.

these are some of the stories of what it has been like for me this is how much it had an effect on me the software they website the people the music how it affected my life my life.

we were a bunch of crazy artist doing whatever we wanted to do most of this battered and torn and bruised but still like minded able to understand the process people like Justin Vickery when it didn't matter how good we were doing it it just matters that we were doing it and we support each other every step of the way we support each other no matter what and though I'm not been in the industry now for 8 years I've been out of the business we still support each other.

The sad thing is I am terminally ill and I've been out of the music business now for about 8 years I had to stop my Disciplines I had to stop production I had to stop every earned deserved opertunity and leave Hollywood to my mother's home in Georgia take care of family while being sick and I'm glad I I didn't get any word that y'all are closing down the website or that I had a time frame to get my music off of the website and archive it no clue. no clue cuz I've been in the hospital a month and the history that I love so much I assume now is gone this is music that have been written on historical instrament accompany Unbelievable Truth Hollywood history this is stuff you put on your website saying these are our people what is success story for the music I mean for the website for the software for the artists just now beginning to write and needs inspiration can they do this that's what kind of story of History this is about the people and the music and the thing that gets me is why would you take down a website where there's so much musical history on it so much music on that site whether it's the best music production site in town or the worst is still there's a pearl inside that website somewhere I guess I read their asses lawyers involved well that figures you took down the proof of life that were saved I've lice it would change proof of it and it's historical record I can't imagine that I would have made that choice regardless at my attorney's opinion.

now all of that is gonei assume. I don't have another site with it or back up if some of this stuff was saved by anyone out there any of my stuff please let me know and forward it to me or how can I get it. I hope it isnt deleted

please immediately let me know apparently that's also what happened to Myspace all of my videos with Julie Newmar American Idol contestants all my performances at LACC they're there but they won't play so if anyone has any of Michelle Alexandroa Vaughn music I would love to hug your neck.

P.s there's something wrong with your editor because I can't seem to get the typographical errors out of this document so forgive my spelling and grammar after all I'm an artist what do you want thank you

carl-borrelli wrote on 8/6/2018, 9:16 PM

alexsong1 sir I guess its just a myth that things in cyber space are forever. It felt like I was kicked in the nuts while being dropped from a 4 story building. Thanks Magix…

UGB wrote on 8/21/2018, 1:55 PM

Hey, what I'm going to miss the most about AP is knocking back a few beers and reading all the amazing reviews about me and my songs. ;) AP did have a really solid community though. We were super tight and the music was off the charts in how we worked together sharing files to be in each other's music. We even had real life meet ups, etc. One of the best times of my life. Glad I still have some cd's and music files to remember it by. Hopefully we can share that kind of vibe here too.

Danny-in-Canada wrote on 8/21/2018, 2:04 PM

Glad I still have some cd's and music files to remember it by.

If you still have some of the music files, etc, do you want to upload them to archive dot org for other people's benefit?