Shutting down Acidplanet.com

Comments

Digiconv wrote on 12/5/2019, 9:28 AM

Hi everybody,
at the time, I made a backup of my remixes made for the contests (and also of my original tracks).
Can I upload them to another social site (like Soundcloud, facebook, youtube or other) without legal copyright problems or anything else?
Because if I remember correctly, when you upload them to AcipPlanet it was not possible to upload them simultaneously to other sites because of copyright issues (or maybe other).
Thanks
Regards

Former user wrote on 12/5/2019, 12:44 PM

Producer Planet requires a Commercial License for Soundpools if you're going to be monetizing in any way - that includes Ad-Monetized YouTube Channels, for example.

The Loops that shipped with ACID Pro/Music Studio are typically good to go. You have to pay attention to what Soundpools you're buying from MAGIX< though. There are two variants: Non-Commercial and Royalty Free. The first variant is a bit cheaper, but you cannot monetize anything you produce with those loops.

Anything that comes with Music Maker is typically non-commercial (including the "free soundpools" with various editions).

Just buy your loops from Loopmasters and never have to deal with these questions, IMHO. They're typically cheaper, anyways, due to constant promotions and sales.

Digiconv wrote on 12/5/2019, 5:36 PM

Hi, I don't know if this is an answer to my question, but maybe I have to make some clarifications.
The tracks included in the contests, were performed using the stems provided (by the artist/AP site), and/or sounds obtained with musical instruments, and/or royalty free loops, and/or loops of which I owned the license (also for commercial use), in order to respect the contest rules.
So we're not talking about loops that are part of the new series of Soundpools / Producer Planet / Magix (of which the royalty system is very clear to me: normally they are not usable for commercial purposes).
We are instead talking about remixes of complete songs of which the artists had made available the single tracks (stems) of the original song; in some cases these individual traces have been used, in other cases no; for example the voice track may have been used, while all the other tracks were played again (in short, the classic ways of performing remixes).
I've already noticed that some artists have uploaded their remixes (those uploaded in the AP contests) to other platforms, and that there are many such tracks (some of mine too) in an archive available on the net (mentioned in this thread).
Furthermore, I was not referring to a commercial use of such remixes, I would have only liked to make them available for listening (as they were on AP), for example, by putting them on Soundcloud or Facebook;
but I wanted to be sure I don't break any copyright.
It is a real pity that we lost thousands of songs that were uploaded to AP. I had backed up my remixes and original songs, but I need to know if I can upload them somewhere .... otherwise they are completely useless !! thanks.

Former user wrote on 12/6/2019, 8:31 PM

Mixes of songs follow the same license as the loops used to make those songs, or the license for the original song as distributed on ACID Planet.

Same response as above.

Digiconv wrote on 12/7/2019, 11:00 AM

Therefore, if I have not misunderstood, it is not possible to use in any way and it is not possible to publish on any site, the material used in the contests (including the entire remixed song).

That's what I thought (but I was looking for a confirmation).

But I can't explain the archive site mentioned in this thred, where it is possible to download a lot of the material that was present in the AP website.
In any case,
thanks.

Former user wrote on 12/7/2019, 6:29 PM

How you can use that material depends on the license. You should have the license, if you have the material - or any compositions using that material.

Otherwise, just don't use the stuff anywhere where anyone can profit off of it, and get rid of any Sound Pools/Loops/One Shots/Songs/Compositions that are not licenses for Commercial Use or on a Royalty Free Basis.

I doubt dropping that material is going to ruin your life. Many Producers make multiple beats a day that they throw away.

Digiconv wrote on 12/9/2019, 3:55 PM

I doubt dropping that material is going to ruin your life. Many Producers make multiple beats a day that they throw away.

You're right, the best thing to do is write new stuff (obviously without soundpools!) ....

Former user wrote on 12/9/2019, 5:24 PM

You're right, the best thing to do is write new stuff (obviously without soundpools!) ....

Soundpools are fine, as long as you're getting them from a source with clear licensing and you're sure that the samples that you buy are licensed for commercial usage. It's too easy to breech those non-commercial licenses in the current YouTube\Twitch\Patreon\etc. era.

This is more for old samples and music that you are not aware what the licensing is.

Digiconv wrote on 12/11/2019, 11:27 AM

In my opinion the new soundpool libraries if bought with a commercial license are too expensive; there are excellent libraries of loops at more competitive prices, even better with annual subscriptions at very affordable prices (always with a license for commercial use); for the old Soundpools loops, it's different;
I have many CDs of such libraries, on some the license is clear, on others much less, on others it was shown on the packaging that I no longer have;
so it is difficult to use old soundpools having the certainty of the type of license ....
I have to say the choice of Magix to adopt this policy (different cost per license type) I have never digested and in fact I stopped buying loops soundpools, I was certainly disappointed because they were very well made.

However, it is only my point of view.

roland14 wrote on 12/11/2019, 2:46 PM

Try loopmasters and loopcloud, all samples on there can be used commercialy in ones music for normal and not ridiculous prices.

Former user wrote on 12/12/2019, 5:26 PM

Try loopmasters and loopcloud, all samples on there can be used commercialy in ones music for normal and not ridiculous prices.

That's what I use. They have a plugin that lets you Sync to Project Tempo and try out different keys and transpositions. works well.

Splice is also an option, but I don't like the way it installs its desktop software, which basically runs like a service, so I avoid it.

UGB wrote on 3/7/2020, 6:31 PM

Now that I'm recording again I REALLY miss AP. Is there any other music sharing site out there with a cool community out there?

Prophets_of_Conviction wrote on 3/7/2020, 6:59 PM

Now that I'm recording again I REALLY miss AP. Is there any other music sharing site out there with a cool community out there?

Ive been trying out "Drooble". So far its something like AP, you upload your songs and review like for like just like AP. So far its the closest thing out there to AP that Ive found.

johnebaker wrote on 3/8/2020, 4:22 AM

@UGB

Hi

There is the Media section of the forum, see link at top of the page, where many former Acid Planet users are posting their creations.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

UGB wrote on 3/8/2020, 11:53 AM

Thank you very much!

Robert-Marks wrote on 3/22/2020, 6:49 PM

Hi all i was the TranceMaster in Acidplanet i had alot of songs uploaded in there what will happen to them, kindly respond lol!

emmrecs wrote on 3/23/2020, 4:31 AM

@Robert-Marks

Welcome to the Magix forums.

Since Acidplanet no longer exists, technically your songs also no longer "exist", in cyberspace at least! 😇

However, I understand the creators of this page were able to save at least some of the songs from the AP site. Perhaps you should check there.

HTH
Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam