Cannot load my Vita Instruments

MauX-65 wrote on 9/19/2023, 6:46 AM

Hello to all of you on the Magix forum.
 I reinstalled my version of Samplitude Music Studio 2021 with all its virtual instruments.
 Then I decided to purchase the new Magix Music Maker 2024 and, once everything was installed and activated, the software works perfectly except that the Samplitude virtual instruments do not load, giving me an error message telling me that either I don't have the license or I'm not connected to the store which shouldn't be the case since I'm always connected to the store when the program launches.
 If I open Samplitude, on the other hand, it shows me all the virtual instruments, including those of Magix Music Maker 2024.
 Can you kindly help me?  Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comments

SP. wrote on 9/19/2023, 9:55 AM

@MauX-65 Try entering the Samplitude Music Studio 2021 serial number in Music Maker. This should unlock all Samplitude Music Studio Vita Instruments in the Music Maker store. Does this help?

MauX-65 wrote on 9/19/2023, 10:23 AM

Thank you SP. for your help but unfotunately it doesn't work.

Magix support told me that Samplitude Music Studio 2021 has a different approach regarding drm licences so it can load newest instrumenrs but MM2024 cannot... It's sound a little absurd to me but that's are the facts...

SP. wrote on 9/19/2023, 2:38 PM

@MauX-65 Then uninstall the Vita Instruments via uninstalling Magix Content and Soundpools from Windows Apps and Features and redownload them from the Music Maker In-App-Store

GRB wrote on 9/19/2023, 8:56 PM

Did this work? I'm having very similar issue with my SMS21 and MM23Premium (auto updated to v24 in update notification).... Error saying something about can't find installer file location, or I don't have permission to access that drive!!! Wtf!!! lol

Maybe all of my loading and unloading recently of AMS11, AP10, and AP11(trial) messed it up?

Last changed by GRB on 9/19/2023, 9:01 PM, changed a total of 3 times.

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

GRB wrote on 9/19/2023, 9:12 PM

Call me crazy, but I'm going to try upgrading to SMS23 and hopefully that will fix it all..... "praying hands"

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

SP. wrote on 9/20/2023, 3:00 AM

@GRB Usually you should be able to load Vita instruments in different Magix programs, if you download and install them through the Music Maker in-app-store. Of course, you need to uninstall the instruments first, in case you installed them through Samplitude Music Studio.

If you have Vita Instruments in Samplitude Music Studio but not in the Music Maker in-app-store, then in the past It was possible to enter the serial number of Samplitude Music Studio in Music Maker to unlock the Vita Instruments in the in-app-store.

MauX-65 wrote on 9/20/2023, 3:39 AM

Thank you very much guys for your input but no way to use "old" Instruments in the new MM 2024.

That's what Magix support told me:

Regarding your issue: I'm afraid what you're describing is program behaviour by design and exactly what you would expect to see: Music Maker can only use our virtual instruments that are actually owned through the in-app store and would thus not allow you to access the Samplitude Music Studio ones, which are licensed exclusively for that product and use our traditional DRM/copy-protection. It's just the other way around that there is actually a provision in SMS that will allow the software to access the ownership information of the in-app store through a cut-down, hidden interface to the store system. So, what you're seeing is normal and cannot be changed at this point in time. We hope for your understanding.

SP. wrote on 9/20/2023, 4:20 AM

@MauX-65 Yeah, but it was definitely possible to enter the Samplitude Music Studio serial number in Music Maker to unlock the Vita Instruments in the in-app-store. I did this myself with a lot of different Samplitude Music Studio versions. And it definitely worked with the 2021 serial number.

After I had done this, I could simply download and install the instruments from the in-app-store and they worked both in Music Maker and Samplitude Music Studio.

MauX-65 wrote on 9/20/2023, 5:17 AM

I'm sorry, this is a bit of a silly question, but where exactly did you insert the Samplitude Music Studio 2021 serial in Music Maker 2024? because I tried but it tells me the serial number is invalid. I tried to insert it from the main page where it is possible to insert any serial numbers in MM2024 but maybe I'm doing something wrong

GRB wrote on 9/20/2023, 9:14 AM

Hey there again,

I went ahead and took advantage of a special upgrade offer that came through for SMS23 (from SMS21 reloaded). It loaded up fine, and downloaded all of the vita instruments that "it thought" were the only new owes. So for itself as a program, it did ok. I will today check to see why I still cannot "reload" all of the former account associated instruments (about 80% of them) that give me the "acquired but cannot install them due to missing installer location or I don't have access to that drive" error for each of them in store... Very Weird. I have a mention of it in a support ticket, but may hear back I need to open a new one since the original was more about Acid Pro 10, Music Studio 11, and new Acid Pro 11 issues. I will let you know what I find out and solutions that work.

Last changed by GRB on 9/20/2023, 9:15 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

GRB wrote on 9/20/2023, 9:27 AM

@SP. thanks once again for reply help. I seem to be needing lots in coming back to take a look at my Magix stuff lately :).

@MauX-65 There is for sure a way to load serial into MM versions on the initial startup screen that shows the templates, your sign in section top right, and any associated previous versions listed just below once signed in. Give it a few minutes after sign in, it can be slow checking account first time to list associated serials.

And for both of you.... We are not crazy, and I'm not sure why support told you that instruments aren't associated from other versions between SMS and MM, it says right in SMS features list that is the benefit of SMS, to load any projects and instruments from MM so no worries it says to take your projects up to next level... something like that... I'll screen shot it if I can figure out how to share that here, althgough I don't think they allow pics here do they?

And for further affirmation of what SP was saying, my MM and SMS has always associated former instrument and features that I have paid for and previously owned, either separate additions bought, or included ones that come with a specific program.... as it should be, and has always been. I think there is just an association and or verification issue with some of the new programs is all. I'm sure they will figure it out and get it back inline and working (praying hands once again, lol).

browj2 wrote on 9/20/2023, 10:02 AM

@GRB

Hi,

I think that it only works one way. Instruments acquired through Music Maker can be used in SMS. Instruments acquired with SMS cannot be used in MM.

Same with projects. MM projects can be loaded in SMS, but SMS projects cannot be loaded into MM. Did someone try?

John CB

Last changed by browj2 on 9/20/2023, 10:03 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

SP. wrote on 9/20/2023, 10:09 AM

@browj2

Instruments acquired through Music Maker can be used in SMS. Instruments acquired with SMS cannot be used in MM.

This definitely worked with older versions of Music Maker like Music Maker 2020 simply by entering the Samplitude Music Studio serial number. This unlocked the instruments in the Music Maker in-app-store.

GRB wrote on 9/20/2023, 10:55 AM

I can validate it did used to work that way for sure, MM stuff into SMS... but I am pretty darn sure it was open both ways in past too, I know it was..... and yes, unlocking an SMS serial into MM start/hub screen with license box did used to accept SMS serials... I am almost positive it did in older versions... so it was both ways... or even 3-4 ways with other Magix Products too, Acid, Samplitude Pro X, etc, etc..... Thats how I collected so many of my favorite add on features, loops, and instruments.... maybe it was up until a few years ago when I had a family leave from music for 2-3 years of health care support, but I swear it all used to work "together". I do have a faint memory of something not working that way in past once, I got support help, and they offset it with some offers... it may have been old 32 bit stuff in newer 64 bit programs... can't recall at the moment....

Regardless, that is not the issue now days in store... I highly doubt that 80% of stuff shown in store currently is 32 bit ... I have a hard time believing that to be the case....

We'll all get to fix for this I'm sure.

Thanks for help and input here @browj2 @SP. @MauX-65

MauX-65 wrote on 9/20/2023, 10:56 AM

Yes, as SP. and browj2 say, after trying all the proposed solutions, I can state with certainty that the new version of MM 2024 cannot load the virtual instruments of previous versions of SMS.  For sure, I'm sure that MM2021 could easily load the SMS 2021 tools without problems having used them together in the past years but, as explained by Magix support, their policy has now changed and, unfortunately for us, has become more restrictive.

GRB wrote on 9/20/2023, 11:04 AM

I want to say that in past, as long as an instrument, loop, or add on feature was validated by the proper Magix program, it was then showing avail in scans by other Magix stuff...

As example....

I don't recall only my Samplitude Pro X showing all of its bonus/add-on content and not showing in other Magix stuff too! Same with Samplitude Music Studio... I don't recall it having a bunch of cool features/content in its app only and not showing in MM.....

For whatever reason, MM has been chosen as the most integrated, input, install, and verify app for Magix... None of the others have the same entry box for previous versions to validate content, carry over, or simply populate the store correctly/fully.... Why is that? Only the entry level program? You'd kind of think it would be the other way around and gain access to more things and carry over stuff with the higher up programs.... Just logical thinking here....

But really, it should be by computer with all Magix content... if you buy it, gain access to it via program or update/bonus, etc,.... once validated and registered to a computer, it should be picked up by "all" Magix programs from that day on..... Maybe all programs use one central file system to make it easier for this???

What do you guys think about all of that?

GRB wrote on 9/20/2023, 12:05 PM

Here is what I can find about how its mentioned for SMS23. I think I found it mentioned somewhere else too....

GRB wrote on 9/20/2023, 12:12 PM

Oh no,,,, did SMS23 drop ability to open Acid projects too?!!! I could swear my SMS21 could!!! ? Or MM could, my mistake?

Anyone here can verify/try?

I already uninstalled my SMS21 late last night when I upgraded to SMS23....

Last changed by GRB on 9/20/2023, 12:13 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

GRB wrote on 9/20/2023, 12:21 PM

Maybe I'm losing my mind... I don't see it listed in File Formats for any of the new products besides Acid Pro itself....not Even Samplitude Pro X8 (which totally doesn't make any studio sense).... somebody get me another cup of coffee.... Magix madness last handful of days is making me dizzy.... lol...gasp

I reloaded SMS21 and it does not either... hmmmm.... did I simply have it backwards, that you can load MM projects into Acid? But so many use/like Acid for loop mix creation aspect and recommend mixing and mastering in another program (from what I've read)... Did I simply "assume" you could export Acid creations to Samplitude MS or Pro X to do this with? Would make total sense with a logical Family of Magix product line.... Dunno, I'm literally dizzy trying to figure out all the do's and don'ts and cross platform Magix intersections/maps/overlaps/separations. Sorry for the ramble.

Last changed by GRB on 9/20/2023, 12:48 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

SP. wrote on 9/20/2023, 2:16 PM

@MauX-65

For sure, I'm sure that MM2021 could easily load the SMS 2021 tools without problems having used them together in the past years

No, the other way around. SMS can load MM in-app-store Vita Instruments. That's why it's is important to uninstall the Vita Instruments of Samplitude Music Studio and redownload and reinstall them from the Music Maker in-app-store.

SP. wrote on 9/20/2023, 2:21 PM

@GRB You can open MMM project files in Samplitude. But if I remember it correctly, this will change the help files associated with the project and then you cannot open the file again in Music Maker. ACID uses a different file format.

Programs are simply interchangeable by exporting each track as an individual audio file. Then you load each file as a new track in another application.

GRB wrote on 9/20/2023, 2:47 PM

@MauX-65

For sure, I'm sure that MM2021 could easily load the SMS 2021 tools without problems having used them together in the past years

No, the other way around. SMS can load MM in-app-store Vita Instruments. That's why it's is important to uninstall the Vita Instruments of Samplitude Music Studio and redownload and reinstall them from the Music Maker in-app-store.

whats the proper/best way to go about this? I mean, if MM won't use the SMS license file as it used to, how does it know that SMS has new/more instruments to download first?

Last changed by GRB on 9/20/2023, 2:49 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

GRB wrote on 9/20/2023, 2:53 PM

@GRB You can open MMM project files in Samplitude. But if I remember it correctly, this will change the help files associated with the project and then you cannot open the file again in Music Maker. ACID uses a different file format.

Programs are simply interchangeable by exporting each track as an individual audio file. Then you load each file as a new track in another application.

Ok thanks. I knew that from other daws, but thought that projects were interchangeable at least to Samplitude (MS or ProX for further work). I guess I had that wrong. It should be that easy, but ....... lol

SP. wrote on 9/20/2023, 4:05 PM

@GRB

whats the proper/best way to go about this? I mean, if MM won't use the SMS license file as it used to, how does it know that SMS has new/more instruments to download first?

Install an older version of Music Maker and try it there.