Comments

SP. wrote on 10/6/2023, 6:02 AM

@GRB

Had this huge discussion years ago in another music forum and I thought it was hogwash until I listened for myself, around the time I got my Samplitude Pro X3 way back then.... . maybe I'm crazy too, lol .

When in doubt, perform a null test between different DAWs.

GRB wrote on 10/6/2023, 9:55 AM

@GRB

Had this huge discussion years ago in another music forum and I thought it was hogwash until I listened for myself, around the time I got my Samplitude Pro X3 way back then.... . maybe I'm crazy too, lol .

When in doubt, perform a null test between different DAWs.

“Wer misst, misst Mist.” ;)

Thanks for bringing that up @SP. ... I had read about this way back when that discussion I mentioned was blowing up about 5 years ago, and had forgotten about it, and what it was.....

Great article for reference I just found:

https://science-of-sound.net/2016/06/null-test-business/

Even though its somewhat debunked with reality of the "control factor", I still hear now, and did years ago, a crisper, more defined sound field in SPX (Acid too?) compared to most other daws. Funny thing is I am now using different monitors, Headphones, interface, and now a faster processing ssd drive than I had 5 years ago, yet that same "feeling" of clarity still holds... even when not looking for it (meaning, I recently loaded SPX3 back up to look for errors related to other fixes, and ran a few demo songs and had the same "wow factor" on the "in your face" clarity there. I wasn't even focusing on it when I realized how good it sounded.

Again, maybe I am crazy...... for the record, the smartest, most educated and analytical man I've ever met, who just happens to be an audio engineer of many decades is the one who supported this theory and had me go listen to it to compare to other daws. He, at the time, was not a one daw kind of guy, so there was no "bias" in his opinion.... but, he had put in lots of time in a pro studio that used Sequoia, and he had Samplitude Pro X loaded in his own working studio too (along with some other daws also if honest). Even if I did not hear a difference, which I did notice what he was saying, I would have believed him coming from "his level" of audio and tech world work.

When it comes down to it, as long as you "like" what you are using, and its working for you... get to making music, do your best for reference/levels mixing, learn, and have fun along the way! The DAW WARS are long in the tooth.... they are all good in one way or another these days....

Right?!

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

GRB wrote on 6/22/2024, 2:56 PM

@Air

@jocker-boy sounds nice, now add a few 3rd party plugins (VST3) then add a VSTi3 instrument or two. One last thought, AP11 is AP10 with different bloatware and new splash screen. Save your money and stay with AP10. Best of luck.

AP 11 has one important bugfix (the bug with deleted VST settings in the plugin chain).

Was this particular bug and fix not a problem in AP10 or AMS11?

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.