Comments

SP. wrote on 8/21/2023, 7:10 AM

@Djronrella Please contact customer service at infoservice@magix.net because no user here knows anything definitive.

leon-g wrote on 8/21/2023, 11:19 AM

Any News on any fixes or updates! Feels like we are in the outer limits stuck in the twilight zone!!! without no one giving us any new info!! OR updates?

I have sent numerous emails to that address. No replies by anyone because I am 99% sure that Magix has closed the file on Acid Pro & thrown it in the locked up storage room but miracles do happen. Maybe someone as crazy as me about Acid Pro will buy the code from them and do something productive with it. So, thats where my hopes are. I still use version 7 (Win 10) as any versions after that which was upgraded by Magix simply does not work.

Air wrote on 8/22/2023, 9:04 AM

@leon-g AP is 'Tot"

leon-g wrote on 8/22/2023, 10:14 AM

@leon-g AP is 'Tot"

Not sure what "tot" stands for.

But I was looking at magix website and somewhere on the bottom it says "Acid is here stay". That was disheartening, meaning Magix is just not gonna let it go? It can't mean anything else as Magix hasn't done anything with it since they bought it from Sony.

SP. wrote on 8/22/2023, 11:08 AM

@leon-g Obviously, as long as the developers of Vegas, Sound Forge and Acid are working for Magix, they won't sell it. Not sure why someone would think otherwise. Selling Acid would probably mean also selling Vegas. They won't do this.

leon-g wrote on 8/22/2023, 3:48 PM

@leon-g Obviously, as long as the developers of Vegas, Sound Forge and Acid are working for Magix, they won't sell it. Not sure why someone would think otherwise. Selling Acid would probably mean also selling Vegas. They won't do this.

You don't know that for sure at all & lets not be low-key nasty to each other. Magix is careless to all of us as customers.

Yelandkeil wrote on 8/23/2023, 2:13 AM

Tot means dead in German.

I doubt Magix really wants ACID keeping developed.
In the glory time ACID was overall due to its concept of loop and beat-sampling.
Now other DAWs have copied it and make huge advance in expansions...ACID can't keep with due to its ancient construction.

I'm still use ACID pro 10 because I'm not musician and do only some soundtracks for VEGAS.
Also because of its side-chain-plugin for narrating.

Last changed by Yelandkeil on 8/23/2023, 2:14 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

ASUS TUF Gaming B550plus BIOS3202
*Thermaltake TOUGHPOWER GF1 850W 
*ADATA XPG GAMMIX S11PRO 512GB->sys & 2TB->data 
*G.SKILL F4-3200C16Q-64GFX 
*AMD Ryzen9 5950x + LiquidFreezer II-240 
*XFX Speedster-MERC319-RX6900XT <-AdrenalinEdition 24.8.1
Windows11Pro: 23H2-22631.4112; Direct3D Driver=9.17.11.0267

Samsung 2xLU28R55 300CD/m²HDR10 (peak1499nits) ->2xDPort
LG DSP7 Surround 5.1Soundbar ->TOSLINK (AAFOptimusPack 6.0.9403.1)
ROCCAT Kave 5.1Headset/Mic ->Analog

GH5sHLG_4k30p: AWB, Shutter=1/50, ISO=auto
ProtuneFlat_2.7k60pLinear: AWB, Shutter=auto, ISO=400

VEGASPro21/22 + Handbrake/XMediaRecode + DVDArchi7 
AcidPro10 + SoundForgePro14.0.065 + SpectraLayersPro7

K-LitecodecPack17.8.0 (MPC Video Renderer for HDR10-Videoplayback) 

Air wrote on 8/23/2023, 11:01 AM

@Yelandkeil Many thanks for translating my German. I'll disagree with a point being made on this thread, There's no reason why magix can't sell off Acid to a different company. When they bought these programs from Sony they sold off Spectral Layers (pardon if I spelled it wrong) the only reason I see for keeping it is the Planet Loops, between that and people willing to buy it (& put up with the programs poor performance) it's a win for magix, i.e. you can keep selling junk as long as you invest nothing & there's a positive revenue stream.

SP. wrote on 8/23/2023, 11:49 AM

@Air SpectraLayers is developed by a different group of developers than Vegas, SF and Acid.

leon-g wrote on 8/23/2023, 8:29 PM

@Yelandkeil Many thanks for translating my German. I'll disagree with a point being made on this thread, There's no reason why magix can't sell off Acid to a different company. When they bought these programs from Sony they sold of Spectral Layers (pardon if I spelled it wrong) the only reason I see for keeping it is the Planet Loops, between that and people willing to buy it (& put up with the programs poor performance) it's a win for magix, i.e. you can keep selling junk as long as you invest nothing & there's a positive revenue stream.

@Air Very well said and thank you for understanding my point. And good point by Yelandkeil as well that other DAW developers took key points from Acid. The biggest plus for Acid is the browser setup, double clicking samples to create blank tracks and being able to just paint away anywhere in the arrangement. I just wish Magix really understood this power and had just worked on that. Because trying to make Acid as powerful as any other DAW as Studio One or Cubase, will take a whole face lift. But how about just work on it's strengths to make them better instead of adding bloatware, slowing it down even more? But oh well, thats the thing of the past for Magix. We are just ranting here. I think almost every user now knows that its a dead product. Use it at your own risk.

Marcus_Svensor wrote on 8/25/2023, 3:41 AM

I have used ACID since it's foundation. It suits me well, and today we produce EDM Music on it. It can be rather clunky, but in the same sort of way a DJ puts together a tune from various hardware devices. There are a few things that would make configuration easier. (Forgive me if these options already exist.)

1. Start the app from default settings, with more complex Meta information, such as artwork. Include the names on the buses and the bus configuration. With user preset effects.
2. Be able to choose which Track EQ is used on new tracks, or none.
3. Better multi screen support, be able to pop out to another monitor, level meters, buses, explorer, plugin controls etc.

leon-g wrote on 8/25/2023, 9:38 AM

I have used ACID since it's foundation. It suits me well, and today we produce EDM Music on it. It can be rather clunky, but in the same sort of way a DJ puts together a tune from various hardware devices. There are a few things that would make configuration easier. (Forgive me if these options already exist.)

1. Start the app from default settings, with more complex Meta information, such as artwork. Include the names on the buses and the bus configuration. With user preset effects.
2. Be able to choose which Track EQ is used on new tracks, or none.
3. Better multi screen support, be able to pop out to another monitor, level meters, buses, explorer, plugin controls etc.

#1 is somewhat there but I wouldn't count on it. #2, you can do it, you open an audio track, put whatever effect you want in every default track. Right click the track and choose "Set default track properties".

I too share the same sentiment about having used AP for over 20 years but I had to find something stable to continue to work but my main starting slate is still AP. I work on version 7 but own all versions put out by Magix. I am currently testing version 11 on a machine with the most updated and latest components which are even an overkill for Studio One so there is no excuse why AP wouldn't work on it. It is still much lighter software than other DAWs on the market. But what AP has, not a single DAW provides. It is just unfortunate that a careless company took it over after Sony. I wish someone like Steinberg or Presonus had taken it.

jocker-boy wrote on 8/27/2023, 6:32 AM

I agree, this DAW could have been taken over by one of the stable developers from the pro-audio market. It's a pity that didn't happen. For almost 20 years, it has been accompanying me in my Acid Pro projects, but unfortunately, subsequent problems outweighed its advantages. I bought Ableton Live Suite and will probably stay with it, plus Cubase Pro. Technical support and help is important, and peace of mind that someone reasonable is watching over it.

leon-g wrote on 8/29/2023, 10:38 AM

Have been testing AP11 on Win11, so far so good. I can say this that ever since Magix took over AP, the only "productive" update that has taken place is that they upgraded it from 32 to 64 bit so newer systems can work it. Everything else is either the same or worse. AP basically dies if you load too many 3rd party plugins. So the workaround is to load 3rd party plugins on your track, bounce and delete the track. It will un-choke AP and move on. I still have high hopes that AP will be revived by someone. It is such a great DAW and has it's unique qualities which are un-matched.

SP. wrote on 8/29/2023, 2:35 PM

@leon-g

AP basically dies if you load too many 3rd party plugins. So the workaround is to load 3rd party plugins on your track, bounce and delete the track. It will un-choke AP and move on.

Or simply use a plug-in chainer like Waves Studio Rack, which is free. Then you only need to load a single plug-in. The rest can be loaded inside Studio Rack.

jocker-boy wrote on 8/29/2023, 4:08 PM

Yesterday I downloaded the demo of AP 11, I have AP 7 and AP 10 but I didn't install them on my new laptop I recently bought. And this is Asus TuF Gaming A15 AMD Ryzen 7 7735 HS with Graphics Processor, 32GB, DDR5 Ram, SSD 2TB Adata Legend and graphics card dedicated to Gforce RTX 4060, Windows 11 Pro. Audio Asio 4 All with Realtek Asio internal sound card and Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 .

I did it as a test because I wanted to see how AP 11 would behave on my new computer.For now, I'm doing a simple simple DJ mix, 8 tracks, disco tracks from the 70s and 80s in wav format. Ripped from cd's and vinyl records.So far it's ok, nothing happened when it comes to working with audio files and editing them. I worked all the time about 4 hours.This is a raw mix though, I haven't added any external vst effects yet.So I don't know what happens when I add them to the audio tracks and the master bus.I also removed the Morph Pads I don't like.

The only error I noticed was in the Computer Management event tray it was only in Windows that the program responsible for the errors was ShopProces GUI exe.But it had no effect on AP11's work.I have to admit that the sound inside the AP is much better than in Cubase or Ableton Live, that's my feeling. The audio engine in the AP is now very good, the sound is faithful and feels natural.I like it.I don't know if I'll upgrade from AP 10 but I'm tempted... the 11th one. I'll see how it works after a month of trial and how I'll add the vst plugin to the project later.

Air wrote on 8/30/2023, 1:32 PM

@jocker-boy sounds nice, now add a few 3rd party plugins (VST3) then add a VSTi3 instrument or two. One last thought, AP11 is AP10 with different bloatware and new splash screen. Save your money and stay with AP10. Best of luck.

SP. wrote on 8/30/2023, 3:15 PM

@Air

@jocker-boy sounds nice, now add a few 3rd party plugins (VST3) then add a VSTi3 instrument or two. One last thought, AP11 is AP10 with different bloatware and new splash screen. Save your money and stay with AP10. Best of luck.

AP 11 has one important bugfix (the bug with deleted VST settings in the plugin chain).

Air wrote on 8/30/2023, 6:12 PM

@SP.😉

Former user wrote on 9/5/2023, 10:12 AM

@Yelandkeil Many thanks for translating my German. I'll disagree with a point being made on this thread, There's no reason why magix can't sell off Acid to a different company. When they bought these programs from Sony they sold off Spectral Layers (pardon if I spelled it wrong) the only reason I see for keeping it is the Planet Loops, between that and people willing to buy it (& put up with the programs poor performance) it's a win for magix, i.e. you can keep selling junk as long as you invest nothing & there's a positive revenue stream.

Honestly, ignoring the fact that Acid, Sound Forge and Vegas likely share too much IP to separate them, what other company would pay anything for it?

IMO, MAGIX made a mistake when they jacked the price up after bringing it back, as it killed any momentum the product had gained after it's "relaunch." They got greedy, as per usual. Anything over $99 MSRP looks unreasonable given how undeveloped so many areas of the DAW are when comparing to something like Mixcraft, Waveform, REAPER or even Studio One Artist/Cubase Elements. That's ignoring the freebies and constant promotional pricing from competing products (as well as crossgrade pricing pressure).

It's also Windows-only and would require close to a rewrite to make it cross-platform. This limits it to the platform with the most competition in its price bracket while shutting it off from a platform that has less competition and, now, more economical machine options at lower price brackets due to the move to Apple Silicon. MacBook Airs and Mac Minis basically can do everything most people need for music production.

It just wouldn't be worth the money. They'd struggle to give it away as the cost of development wouldn't make sense given the size of the market for the product, and it would need too much development... Without serious development, the product would continue to look unattractive to prospective users... Even with it, any bugginess in "new features" that other DAWs have had 10-20 years to polish would work against it (e.g. VST3 issues in MAGIX products are often cited by others as a reason to avoid them).

Many people who are into sampling and beat making are moving to hybrid systems or standalones like Maschine or MPC, these days. For Sampling and Beatmaking it really makes little sense to buy ACID Pro over getting a KK M32 with bundled Maschine 2 Essentials (or Komplete Select + Full Maschine 2 Library during promotional periods) and using that, instead.

MAGIX doesn't exactly have great Expansion Packs/Sound Pools, either (not really competitive with Native Instruments or Akai Professional).

Not sure why anyone would use ACID Pro for DJing over Serato or Traktor, personally...

I have to admit that the sound inside the AP is much better than in Cubase or Ableton Live, that's my feeling. The audio engine in the AP is now very good, the sound is faithful and feels natural. I like it.

Not this again... Lol

jocker-boy wrote on 9/10/2023, 3:25 AM

Not sure why anyone would use ACID Pro for DJing over Serato or Traktor, personally...

I have to admit that the sound inside the AP is much better than in Cubase or Ableton Live, that's my feeling. The audio engine in the AP is now very good, the sound is faithful and feels natural. I like it.

Not this again... Lol

I was doing studio DJ sets, megamixes etc on Acid Pro when most DAWs couldn't handle it very well or at all. It's different now, but I still liked doing audio editing in Acid Pro.
As for the sound quality, it really seems better in Acid Pro than in, for example, Ableton Live and this is probably not an illusion.
I have Traktor Pro and I used Serato DJ, but it is impossible to do certain things in them as in DAW, it is not possible, at least as I would like it to be. Regards :)

GRB wrote on 10/5/2023, 6:47 PM

Yesterday I downloaded the demo of AP 11, I have AP 7 and AP 10 but I didn't install them on my new laptop I recently bought. And this is Asus TuF Gaming A15 AMD Ryzen 7 7735 HS with Graphics Processor, 32GB, DDR5 Ram, SSD 2TB Adata Legend and graphics card dedicated to Gforce RTX 4060, Windows 11 Pro. Audio Asio 4 All with Realtek Asio internal sound card and Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 .

I did it as a test because I wanted to see how AP 11 would behave on my new computer.For now, I'm doing a simple simple DJ mix, 8 tracks, disco tracks from the 70s and 80s in wav format. Ripped from cd's and vinyl records.So far it's ok, nothing happened when it comes to working with audio files and editing them. I worked all the time about 4 hours.This is a raw mix though, I haven't added any external vst effects yet.So I don't know what happens when I add them to the audio tracks and the master bus.I also removed the Morph Pads I don't like.

The only error I noticed was in the Computer Management event tray it was only in Windows that the program responsible for the errors was ShopProces GUI exe.But it had no effect on AP11's work.I have to admit that the sound inside the AP is much better than in Cubase or Ableton Live, that's my feeling. The audio engine in the AP is now very good, the sound is faithful and feels natural.I like it.I don't know if I'll upgrade from AP 10 but I'm tempted... the 11th one. I'll see how it works after a month of trial and how I'll add the vst plugin to the project later.

I just did after a successful install and activation of all my stuff in AP11 trial (second time, long story). AP11 seems to work great for me so far, actually better than AP8,9,10 and Acid Music Studio 11 in my case, but come to find out I had some 2013 C++ issues that Magix Support helped me with, so regardless, I like where I'm at with my new AP11 looking fwd! Glad to hear yours is working well too...mostly!!! There are issues with other daws too, but nobody here is talking about those, lol. But I understand that everyone (including me) wants a perfect program with no need for support help. Understandable, but not highly realistic these days with OS, chip tech, and updates rolling faster than programmers can correct for......

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

GRB wrote on 10/5/2023, 6:58 PM

Any News on any fixes or updates! Feels like we are in the outer limits stuck in the twilight zone!!! without no one giving us any new info!! OR updates?

I have sent numerous emails to that address. No replies by anyone because I am 99% sure that Magix has closed the file on Acid Pro & thrown it in the locked up storage room but miracles do happen. Maybe someone as crazy as me about Acid Pro will buy the code from them and do something productive with it. So, thats where my hopes are. I still use version 7 (Win 10) as any versions after that which was upgraded by Magix simply does not work.

Sounds like your support tickets were not going through to support agents... I just recently realized that they often send a confirmation email that looks standard, but it actually needs you to look at the links sent to validate that you still need help other than the related support articles sent.... without answering "No" to the "did these articles solve your problem" in email link, your support ticket won't be started...

I think lots aren't aware of that needed step... I wasn't until recently either!

They have been contacting me 12-24 hours after that email answered.

Hope it helps!

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

GRB wrote on 10/5/2023, 7:02 PM

Not this again... Lol

I was doing studio DJ sets, megamixes etc on Acid Pro when most DAWs couldn't handle it very well or at all. It's different now, but I still liked doing audio editing in Acid Pro.
As for the sound quality, it really seems better in Acid Pro than in, for example, Ableton Live and this is probably not an illusion.
I have Traktor Pro and I used Serato DJ, but it is impossible to do certain things in them as in DAW, it is not possible, at least as I would like it to be. Regards :)

I hear it too! You are not crazy! Both Acid Pro and Samplitude Pro X also sounds markedly better than other daws if you really listen back to back, very precise and clear... less mud or overlap responses? dunno....

Had this huge discussion years ago in another music forum and I thought it was hogwash until I listened for myself, around the time I got my Samplitude Pro X3 way back then.... . maybe I'm crazy too, lol .