Acid Pro 9.0.1 (24) crashing after installing new build version

Comments

sheppo wrote on 9/17/2019, 4:10 PM

@Frankensnyder - please refer to this response in the FAQ detailing how to resolve c++ 2017 redistributable issues. https://www.magix.info/uk/forum/acid-pro-8-failed-to-install-microsoft-visual-c-2017-redistributable--1229864/#ca1477350

Also, can I kindly ask you to create a new post if you have concerns the community may be able to help with instead adding responses to unrelated threads.

Many thanks

Frankensnyder wrote on 9/18/2019, 10:08 AM

Hey sheppo,

when you realy would have read my post, then you would know that i asked for something else then redistributable issues as you give me in "your" link!!!! Don't you think i have read that already?!

Create a new post???? he? what you talking about dude?! Are you telling me to shut up?????!!!! Just because i show my sympathy to all those who are REAL sick of YOUR and your companys work!!!!! Comon, that is so rude, the one who does not have any manners my young friend, that is most definately you and you are at work!!!!!

I recomend tell your boss to sort all those Problems out and don't sell people crap and have the courtesy of let everybody know, i am sorry, the program realy has more then just a few bugs, hey here is the solution for it!!!

Obviously Sequia works, right??!!! A program what cost a furtune and is beat by any pro tools version. But bottom line is Sequia looks the same as all Acid Pro Versions and has a working VST Bridge!!! So your programers know how to fix it, but don't do it.

To bad you are gonna loose all those kids who spend there little money they have just to buy a new Acid Pro Version to see on the end the damn thing wont work. Of course people rather use other DAW's especialy when some body comes and talks like a prick to them and plays the forum moderator. Jesus get a grib, be useful dude, show some emphaty to all those the sit at home with a DAW what is NOT doing what is promised on the box.

And something real importand do NOT assume that people have the time to do the bug fixing your programmers should have done in the first!!!!!

Have a good day kiddo

johnebaker wrote on 9/18/2019, 10:47 AM

@Frankensnyder

Hi

. . . . because i show my sympathy to all those who are REAL sick of YOUR and your companys work . . . .

As you have already been told this is a user to user forum not Magix support.

. . . . that is so rude, the one who does not have any manners my young friend, that is most definately you and you are at work . . . .

Read the Community rules which everyone agrees to when they join the forum, and consider your behaviour against the following rule numbers:

1. Respect the opinions and views of other members of the community.Insults, coarse language, and harassment of any kind toward other community members is forbidden . . . . Angry posts written to blow of steam will be deleted. Members of the community who write such posts will be warned. Repeat violations will result in removal from the community.

2. Ask meaningful, friendly questions

3. Avoid repeat or meaningless topics.

Also read and take note of rule #6.

John EB

Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Frankensnyder wrote on 9/18/2019, 2:02 PM

You are kidding huh :-) i want a refund.

johnebaker wrote on 9/18/2019, 2:19 PM

@Frankensnyder

Refund policy is here.

John EB

Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

ROD-MERRITT wrote on 12/7/2019, 11:44 PM

This fix is what worked for me for the Acid pro 9 vst start up problem, I hope it helps someone else.

acidSupport wrote on 3/4/2019, 5:35 AM

Hi @evan-mitchell, @Teles

I'm really sorry for the issues you have been experiencing with the latest patch release. It had a massive rebuild of the complete plug-in scanning system, so even after much, much testing, some problems we couldn't predict. If you are having trouble getting ACID to open because of the VST scanning, the following might help:

With ACID not running, 
locate the following directory on your machine:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\MAGIX\ACID Pro\8.0

Locate these files: 
acidpro.plugincache_x32.xml
acidpro.plugincache_x64.xml
​acidpro_bridgeaware_plugincache_x64.xml

and delete them. If you open the program again, ACID should reset its search directory for plugins. It will be necessary to add and scan again any additional VST folders.

If you are able to open ACID, a force rescan on the VST configuration tab should do the trick and show all the available plugins.

Cheers!

Bea

PNM7 wrote on 10/4/2020, 2:48 PM

Hello, I'm having the same problem but now can't even get into acid pro 9 when installing. This is really bad. Did anyone resolve this by upgrading to 10?