[Release] ACID Pro Next – the next level creative DAW and ACID Pro 9

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 5/6/2019, 9:50 AM

Dear Community,

we are proud to introduce ACID Pro Next featuring revolutionary zynaptiq® STEM MAKER source separation technology and an update for ACID Pro to version 9 with multiple new features. 

ACID Pro Next includes zynaptiq® STEM MAKER source separation technology that allows you to split full mixes into vocals, drums, and music – then use the results in your own music and remixes! With the addition of the MIDI Playable Chopper and other advanced features such as Melodyne Essential, exclusive instruments, and gigabytes of ACIDized loops for composition across many genres, ACID Pro Next takes its place as the premiere DAW in the ACID range, delivering next-level music production technology for everyone.

Torsten Heise, ACID Pro's Product Owner says: 

“We are excited to announce ACID Pro Next. Being able to isolate your favorite audio vocals and beats in industry-leading quality with the groundbreaking technology of our partner zynaptiq®, and mix them into your favorite tunes is next-step thinking. With all of its extra MPC-style features, ACID Pro Next is not only the ultimate production and remixing tool, but becomes a piece of performance software in its own right!”

ACID Pro 9 is the latest incarnation of the legendary DAW renowned the world over for its innovative audio looping technology, powerful multitrack recording and high-end audio and MIDI features – all set within an easy-to-use interface. The new version 9 includes the new MIDI Playable Chopper plus all the performance enhancements and most of the additions in the all-new Next version, except for the source separation.

Main features of ACID Pro Next and ACID Pro 9 at a glance:

• Exclusive in ACID Pro Next: zynaptiq® source separation technology
  • Exclusive in ACID Pro Next: Celemony Melodyne Essential
  • Exclusive in ACID Pro Next: All-new mastering tools
  • MIDI Playable Chopper
  • All-new ACIDized loops
  • Dozens of instruments and effects
  • 32-bit VST Bridge 

ACID Pro Next and ACID Pro 9 are now available online and in stores worldwide.

Learn more at https://www.magix.com/us/musik/acid/acid-pro-next/

We are excited to see what you think about the new versions – let us know!

Best regards,

the MAGIX Team

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 5/6/2019, 11:36 AM

@MAGIX_Redaktion

The link you posted gives a Page Not Found error!

ACID Pro 9 is here and Pro Next is here.

HTH

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

phil-kay wrote on 5/6/2019, 11:54 AM

Page not found? Not a great start. I’ll keep my expectations low this time!

Newman-cz wrote on 5/6/2019, 12:28 PM

Acid 9 looks good, but ....
Basic problem ... x64 doesn't support MP3, Ogg !!! why? 😢
import , export ,

Some icons are not rendered correctly

By not opening older projects, I haven't tried other features. So far I am sorry that I spent the money on the update and did not wait for some stable version. 😭

by the way, the 32 bit version does not work drop & drag files from windows explorer to timeline. 😒

Mirek
Win7 x64, i7 8GB RAM

toddbooster wrote on 5/6/2019, 3:23 PM

So, what happened to ARA 2 support? The ACID Pro 8 page for weeks had a blurb promising one of the new features of ACID Pro 9 would be ARA 2.

weevil wrote on 5/6/2019, 4:33 PM

Seriously now, how do you enable support for MP3?

Teles wrote on 5/6/2019, 7:08 PM

These products are too expensive. I already have RX7 to separate stems. It would be cheaper to have Acid Pro and RX7. And if they are gonna be this price, they have to be substantially bug free at release.

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 5/7/2019, 5:04 AM

@emmrecs Thank you for letting us know. The link should be working now.

weevil wrote on 5/7/2019, 5:53 AM

Does the complete silence mean that support for MP3 has really been removed from the product?

John81 wrote on 5/7/2019, 8:51 AM

So there's no grace period for users that upgraded to Acid Pro 8.0 a year ago?

sheppo wrote on 5/7/2019, 11:57 AM

So, what happened to ARA 2 support? The ACID Pro 8 page for weeks had a blurb promising one of the new features of ACID Pro 9 would be ARA 2.

@toddbooster for beta testers ARA2 support was listed as available in the coming weeks, so I think it's close, but still not quite ready for prime time, and has not been forgotten. Also, I'm not a Magix employee, so please don't confuse this with official response... just what I've heard. :)

toddbooster wrote on 5/7/2019, 12:07 PM

@sheppo Thanks, that's what I was hoping would be the case. They did eventually deliver on their promise of VST 3 support in AP8, so I'm optimistic that ARA 2 will happen sooner than later. Now, any clue as to whether that's a feature in AP9, or will it just be for AP Next?

Former user wrote on 5/7/2019, 1:51 PM

Nope! not gonna pay another 100 bucks for another senseless product. just tried the trial, same problematic GUI, not gonna repeat the issues i had with version 8. Come On! I am forever off Acid wagon. Back to ableton. good bye Magix

Former user wrote on 5/7/2019, 1:55 PM

So there's no grace period for users that upgraded to Acid Pro 8.0 a year ago?

no. i beginning to think Magix is just another Sony. man this sucks!

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 5/8/2019, 3:24 AM

Does the complete silence mean that support for MP3 has really been removed from the product?

Sorry to hear that you're having troubles with the software. To answer your question, the MP3 support has not been removed. However, our development team is aware of the problem and already working on a patch which will fix the issues with the mp3 encoder and decoder.

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 5/8/2019, 8:12 AM

@Tod-Tolls Our development team is aware of the problem and already working on ARA 2 Support, which will be available in a few weeks as a free update.

andrew-phillips wrote on 5/8/2019, 1:22 PM

These products are too expensive. I already have RX7 to separate stems. It would be cheaper to have Acid Pro and RX7. And if they are gonna be this price, they have to be substantially bug free at release.

Agreed,rx 7 a beast of a tool,had way to many issues with 8 and now 9 to even consider acid next

import , export ,

By not opening older projects, I haven't tried other features. So far I am sorry that I spent the money on the update and did not wait for some stable version. 😭

by the way, the 32 bit version does not work drop & drag files from windows explorer to timeline. 😒

Mirek
Win7 x64, i7 8GB RAM

its a really bad version as mentioned in your post,pretty much wasted my money on 9 and 8 not even as good as 7,literraly nobody talks from their to us

andrew-phillips wrote on 5/8/2019, 1:26 PM

Shocking that it has no mp3

andrew-phillips wrote on 5/8/2019, 1:30 PM

import , export ,

Mirek
Win7 x64, i7 8GB RAM

I Tried to open projects from 8 to 9 and it failed dismally and crashed

Cyber-Punk wrote on 5/11/2019, 2:22 PM

Acid pro 9 fails to load vst that are not located in the default locations. Come on guys. They loaded in 8, they scan in 9 yet fail to show anywhere not failed, unavailable or anything. Simply like they do not exist. Sad to see magix fumbling on Acid I so had hope to see my old DAW making a come back but this is horrible.

Newman-cz wrote on 5/13/2019, 9:09 AM

Now I have found that version 9 x64 has a problem with VST3 effects. (does not load them).
I understand that the developers wanted to show off a new product at the show, but to sell the alpha/beta version... 

It's almost like stealing money. 😢

Cyber-Punk wrote on 5/13/2019, 5:04 PM

After a couple re-installs vst are fine for me. Maybe I got a bad dl.

Groovus wrote on 5/13/2019, 11:18 PM

JUst got Acid Pro 9 Upgrade. Takes FOREVVVVVVEEERRRR to load plugins! Any suggestions. Acid Pro 8 loads fine (quickly) and so do my other audio programs. Suspected bug?

mellotronworker wrote on 5/14/2019, 11:31 PM

Yes, same issue here - the bottom half of the toolbar icons is chopped off. It's nothing much more than a distraction, but it does speak of a lack of care. (and testing)

Stone-Larence wrote on 5/17/2019, 6:04 PM

@MAGIX_Redaction... Hello! Thank you for your post and your time. I'm a longtime Acid Pro user. I have recently upgraded to Acid Pro Next Suite and was stoked to try out the MIDI Playable Chopper with my AKAI MPK249. However, the chopper has not worked once! I can use the keyboard for everything else except that. It's very frustrating! Is there something I'm missing? Help, please!