please tell me a Light Color theme is coming to Acid Pro 8 ?

Comments

weevil wrote on 9/28/2018, 5:10 PM

Doubt a new UI theme would be part of a maintenance update, they are more about bug fixes rather than new features.  With all the noise that has been made I'm sure a light theme will be part of the next version.

Sony were happy to let the app die.  Very, very grateful Magix have given it new life.

Djronrella wrote on 9/28/2018, 5:24 PM

Magix developers are aware of the best customers and beta testers feedback and ideas on background color..

It may happen after all bugs are fixed!!

Alex_London wrote on 10/1/2018, 6:28 PM

Count me in on the ones who support a ''Legacy'' theme on Acid. A light colour, identical to Acid 7.

I purchase Acid 8 as soon as it was released, but i still can't use it and won't use it till a light theme becomes available.

Very disappointing that it wasn't included in the last update, is it really THAT hard to give loyal users a simple option on the colour of our interface?? We have been asking for this since day one.

C'mon Magix please... many of us have been waiting patiently... I want to use Acid 8, I just cant get used to the blackness :)

weevil wrote on 10/5/2018, 6:08 AM

Guys, guys, have I got the program for you, fixes all your problems. ;)

https://zerowidthjoiner.net/negativescreen

Matt-Francis wrote on 10/5/2018, 10:53 AM

Guys, guys, have I got the program for you, fixes all your problems. ;)

https://zerowidthjoiner.net/negativescreen

That is a good idea and thanks to you I found out you can do it easily on Windows itself without downloading a program.

1) Press Windows key and the + key together to get the Magnifier.

2) Press Ctrl, Alt and i keys together to invert. Voila. You have the old Acid screen back.

weevil wrote on 10/5/2018, 11:14 AM

Ha, ha, there you go two key presses and you are away. ;)

sheppo wrote on 10/5/2018, 4:57 PM

hah, brilliant!

Matt-Francis wrote on 10/6/2018, 1:00 AM

Ha, ha, there you go two key presses and you are away. ;)

TBH, I tried it for a while and maybe the program you suggested is better. There isn't the same contrast as on AP7 while negativescreen seems to be adjustable. It's a temporary fix at best. If you browse the internet while making music like I do it is a right pain to keep switching. I'm going to go back to AP7 until MAGIX fix it. 😞

weevil wrote on 10/6/2018, 5:16 AM

Winking smiley means that we were not seriously suggesting it as a proper workaround.

Will-Kenworthy wrote on 10/11/2018, 2:06 AM

Wow, just read through this thread. Been using Acid since version 5. I love the new dark color theme. I don't get all the complaints. I think it's way better than the old one. I don't have any trouble finding or doing anything. Maybe it's my 59 year old eyes ..... LOL

Will

PhotonBoy wrote on 10/12/2018, 5:43 PM

I like a dark theme, though some items could use more contrast.

pahket wrote on 2/3/2019, 7:11 PM

Um. Drawing expression curves (or anything like that) is literally impossible under this color scheme. The curves are exactly the same color as the background. This is terrible.

Animal-Nation wrote on 2/4/2019, 8:29 PM

The light theme is coming back to Acid 8, but it looks the exact same as Acid 7's. Which isn't BAD I suppose...
I really like the dark theme, I just wish there was more contrast in the muted/unmuted tracks.

Former user wrote on 2/5/2019, 1:15 AM

I just re-installed Acid, can't stay away from it. No other DAW matches the quality/work flow. But Yes, the dark GUI is killing it all over again for me. I paid for the update, installed and couldn't even finish one song due to the darkness. Like the guy above me said, we are asking for this since pretty much when it came out, so am patiently waiting (like I have a choice), I HOPE YOU WON'T ASK FOR MORE MONEY AFTER FIXING THIS ISSUE!

Didn't mean to yell, I just closed Acid once again, what a great DAW but now it feels like I am throwing darts in a pond at midnight hoping one will stick. Came here to vent and noticed that someone had already posted about this.

Former user wrote on 2/5/2019, 1:17 AM

Um. Drawing expression curves (or anything like that) is literally impossible under this color scheme. The curves are exactly the same color as the background. This is terrible.

😂😂 yup, its like they were off to a good start, got tired of fixing everything and just painted everything black! Said f**k it, no ones gonna remember this DAW anyway.

Former user wrote on 2/5/2019, 2:26 AM

This is how I picture how it is at magix headquarters, either there is a chaos going on, someone getting written up for making the GUI dark and seeing all these complaints and customer loss, OR, they once again threw this legendary DAW at the bottom of their pile of 'un-important merchandise' list just like Sony did.

sheppo wrote on 2/5/2019, 2:53 AM

I'm not sure that's true. The latest beta has tidied up some more of the dark theme, and fixed some outstanding issues, e.g. piano roll key shading. There's still much to do. It would be more useful to collect a specific list of of changes we as a community would like to see in the dark skin, and moderators and beta testers can put it in front of the developers. I'm happy to help with that...

As Animal-Nation has pointed out, the light theme is in the current beta, and therefore should re-appear in the next public release.

johnebaker wrote on 2/5/2019, 4:40 AM

@Former user

Hi

The 'dark' interface is not just a Magix thing, there is a lot of software that now uses a darker interface.

There has been a general move on the part of the computer industry to ensure that the human/computer interfaces are ergonomic. This has been going on for many years to decrease the number of issues experienced by computer users eg eye strain, RSI injuries, back injuries etc.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Djronrella wrote on 2/5/2019, 7:38 AM

As you've seen from the other thread, Vegas Pro offers multiple themes and additional gui customisation options that Acid currently does not. Whilst we have not heard what the developers plans are for changes in this area, yet, I personally am expecting feature parity between the two products.

@sheppo

One of my original post! was:

Djronrella wrote on 2/18/2018, 5:25 AM

I did survey and asked for Master VU METERS to be enhanced and changed to a much larger and wider view as in SOUNDFORGE Master Vu Meters....The Current Acid Pro 7 Master vu meters are extremely narrow and hard to see even when you enlarge meters!!

Sean-Weyers wrote on 2/6/2019, 8:28 AM

This is a major issue. It's been almost a YEAR since release and it hasn't been fixed. There's been ONE patch since it was released in April. This should have been fixed by now. The program has so many problems, there should be patches every 2 weeks. Good luck getting anything fixed.

Teles wrote on 2/6/2019, 5:31 PM

I agree the updates are very slow, only one in 12 months. Meanwhile the lower priced products get frequent updates. Obviouvsly there are more dollars in the lower cost products, but I think Acid Pro and Sound Forge Pro are not getting enough attention.

Matt-Francis wrote on 2/7/2019, 6:39 AM

I am getting a bit annoyed with Magix now. I was hoping they were different from Sony but the slowness of updates and lack of communication is alarmingly familiar. I also use FL Studio and they roll out updates all the time. How hard can it be to add a different skin ffs?

sheppo wrote on 2/8/2019, 6:09 PM

@Matt-Francis

I am getting a bit annoyed with Magix now. I was hoping they were different from Sony but the slowness of updates and lack of communication is alarmingly familiar.

A number of us have pointed out, here, that the light theme is in the current beta / release candidate. Also I am not entirely sure your comparison to another specific DAW holds up, according to their version history they have released the exact same amount of stable and beta releases since ~October.

I'm going to lock this post, as the original question about whether a light theme is coming to AP has been answered, I will, however, keep the FAQ updated with information about the current beta, so it is a bit clearer as to what's currently being worked on, and what is coming in next.