Copyright Claim

Comments

Carolly wrote on 7/29/2024, 11:46 AM

@Gabriel-Habermann If it helps, here's the email that I sent to Magix and Loudly, as per John's advice. I did receive a reply from Magix that they're forwarding it to "the appropriate department" which I'd assume means Legal.

"Good afternoon,

I am writing to advise you that a company called "daredo GMbH" has made several copyright claims against my content on YouTube, which contains an intro/outro called Peaceful Garden for which I purchased a commercial royalty-free license on Producer Planet, order number 2024xxxxxxxxxxxAP. They allege that the copyrighted song is named Autumn, which can be found here: https://www.youtube .com/watch?v=585nPtqZRMM

They rejected my dispute at first, and I had to go a second round with them before they would release the claim. During this period, I posted on the magix.info forums regarding this, and moderator johnebaker advised me that I should inform you of this, as "[Magix], not creators who use their service, have absolute copyright over any of the media you use from Magix/Producer Planet - you have a commercial licence to use these loops for any purpose as defined by the Terms & Conditions of the licence - Copyright is retained by Magix and does not give exclusive use to any one person or entity acting for that person."

I hope that bringing this to your attention will help prevent future claims from occurring. 

--
Kind regards,"

Gabriel-Habermann wrote on 7/29/2024, 12:38 PM

My videos are back after I contradict the copyright clame. But I think the intension of that company is a different: For all uncontradicted uses they still get royalties - and that's over all quite a lot of money...

johnebaker wrote on 7/29/2024, 12:56 PM

@Carolly

Hi

Thanks for the feedback.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Carolly wrote on 7/29/2024, 1:18 PM

My videos are back after I contradict the copyright clame. But I think the intension of that company is a different: For all uncontradicted uses they still get royalties - and that's over all quite a lot of money...

@Gabriel-Habermann Which is why we want to inform Magix legal of it, so that if that is the case, they can take action to enforce their contract terms.

Carolly wrote on 7/29/2024, 4:16 PM

I just got another claim on a newly-uploaded video from the same company for the same material, so... let's just hope Magix acts quickly to limit their ability to do this.

Reyfox wrote on 8/9/2024, 10:25 AM

Wow... this is something that must be frustrating to know that you will have to constantly contest those claims against what you are using.

I use Smartsound music. And yes, there have been claims against some of it, which I do contest. When I do, I only include "Smartsound music" and give the song. All have been dismissed within a couple of days. I also have Storyblocks, and had one contested. That too was released.

Youtube has bots that "listen" to the music. And since a lot of music creators have their music on several platforms, they don't know which one you are using, so you have to provide that information. It's a pain for sure, but that's Youtube. The alternative is Vimeo.