Wishlist for the next Music Maker!

Commentaires

Steve_GothAngel_ Posté à 01/09/2023 11:48

Yes, the musicians who made the loops needed to be paid. Paying for loops is common standard. There are many different publishers like Producer Loops, Loopmasters, etc which all needed you to pay. Magix is simply a loop publisher since the mid 1990s. Your argument is invalid.

If you buy Samplitude Pro X you can use the included loops commercially.

If users want automation they simply can use Samplitude Music Studio or Pro X. Both programs offer the same workflow like Music Maker.

@SP.

you don't have to be right at all costs... indeed this time it appears you know not what you are saying, as you are messing things a bit:

Magix are loop publisher, but they also sells Loops within Music Maker, which you ALREADY pay for when you get "Premium" license. Yet they want extra exta fee for commercial use.

What's more, as you admit, "If you buy Samplitude you can use the included loops commercially", and I add "if you by ANY other DAW"........ Well, that should happen for Music Maker too, yet it doesn't...?

THAT'S THE POINT. Thus my arguments are certainly valid.

Lastly, how can you really mean, referring to Samplitude versions, "Both programs offer the same workflow like Music Maker"... (????!!!) ...Really.... ? Come on... here it sounds like you don't even use these programs.

They have COMPLETELY DIFFERENT workflows as they are in fact aimed at and focused on completely different music production stages and producer skills..!.... At the very least, this is surely a fact.

In the end, we can twist it inside out, yet automation in MMM needs URGENT and serious improving, and certainly deserves to be listed in the FEATURES REQUEST.

We all want our Magix software to grow and get seiously competitive, that's the mood.

Regards.

SP. Posté à 01/09/2023 12:25

@Steve_GothAngel_ Samplitude has the same object oriented workflow like Music Maker. It includes a Soundpool Manager like Music Maker. The Music Studio version also uses a lot of the same internal effects. Sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about. I'm using Music Maker and Music Studio since the 1990s.

Magix are loop publisher, but they also sells Loops within Music Maker, which you ALREADY pay for when you get "Premium" license. Yet they want extra exta fee for commercial use.

What's more, as you admit, "If you buy Samplitude you can use the included loops commercially", and I add "if you by ANY other DAW"........ Well, that should happen for Music Maker too, yet it doesn't...?

Since I use Music Maker for decades I also know, that until Music Maker 16 the included loops were automatically commercially useable. Magix changed this deliberately with version 17 because a lot of people started getting money from YouTube for these loops (with many videos which had views in the millions) while the musicians making the loops didn't see a penny. So they changed the license.

And currently the loops are very cheap to acquire because they are basically 77% or 60% off all the time. This never happened in the past.

Steve_GothAngel_ Posté à 01/09/2023 12:51

@SP.

I'm sorry. you just don't seem to get the points, and it's quite obvious by now you won't ever admit it.

Again. you are not the only one "using Music maker for decades".

Here you are messing up and confusing things (by the way, the soundpool licences restrictions and issues go WAY back before MMM17...) but the point here is not since/until what version, who cares..? It's about "commercial licenses" should be included within Music Maker paid editions right away.... as it happens with every other DAW... period.

Then, seriuosly, stating that Samplitude and Music Maker share the same "workflow" (...) is simply embarassing (come on...)

Plugins, loops and few details (of course same developer, some things in common...) don't mean the "workflow" in itself, any proper music producer knows what it really means.... Indeed, if it were not for their specific different workflows, there would be no point at all in making them two distinct DAWs......

Now, we could go on for ages on this, because you just don't seem to want to admit that you missed the main points.

It gets tiresome and boring for all the readers at some point, it should not be bickering between us only for pride, so please excuse me but I won't go replying on this any longer, since you are clearly not inclined to admit you were simply wrong (as it may happen, at times...).

This thread/post is about WHISLIST/FEATURES REQUEST, so BACK on TRACK....

Edit:

To the MAGIX team: please be conscious that we the users really care about your products, thus for a true place in music production software market, MMM needs URGENT proper Soundpools' commercial licenses and improved automation as a MUST. These would unleash the strong MMM's potential, and would certainly bring in new potential customers who wouldn't label MMM "a toy" as they do, any longer, at all.

True regards,

Steve.

Patrick-Fox Posté à 10/09/2023 11:42

The ability to drag the tracks up or down. Having to keep click "move track up" can get rather tedious. Especially when there are many tracks.

mometek Posté à 11/10/2023 07:40

If someone hasn't already mentioned it:

It would be cool to see the AI song maker make loopable music (not more than a minute long) for short form videos or games - in the various genres.

It's interesting to note that there are already "TikTok" soundpools out there already, so you know there's a need for this.

Mykeehu Posté à 30/11/2023 00:14

I was hoping that the newer Magix Music Maker would include time-based music generation (with AI or not). For example, I would need 2 minutes 20 seconds, and it would generate music based on the template. This would be really cool, because the program can generate great music, but I still have to be really tricky with time (for example, I skip blocks or extract-move the music to the time range (but this can only compress the music, not expand it).

Renegat13 Posté à 30/11/2023 14:11

Hello

Automations, Automations and more Automations on all plugins !!!!!!

David-Barselow Posté à 07/12/2023 02:33

I think it would be a great idea to design a way to add multiple songs together. Not a blend, but to the right of a song that is in the arranger already make it is to accomplish. I just think it would be really awesome to create longer songs using the song maker if there were multiple songs that compliment one another.

David-Barselow Posté à 07/12/2023 02:40

Be able to use a control surface, well now we are talking!

David-Barselow Posté à 07/12/2023 02:46

I have one other, what I think is a great idea and that it is to be able to create my own sound pool with the loops that I have already or may have in the future and to be able to use my own creations in the song maker. This would really raise the bar concerning the song maker, WOW!

David-Barselow Posté à 07/12/2023 02:52

I want to express my opinion on some of the posts regarding MMM and under minding the MMM program and it capability. I would compete with any person and their DAW with my MMM. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

mometek Posté à 19/01/2024 04:08

This forum is so long, so I'm not sure if this will get seen.

It would be really cool if I can use the AI on just my favorited loops. Yes, it will be across different sound pools, but that's the point.

If you at least read this, thanks!

emmrecs Posté à 19/01/2024 10:52

@mometek

Your post will be read, I've just done so!

However, I'm not Magix staff so please don't assume anyone from the company will see the post, though I'm pretty certain they do keep an eye on this thread!

Can you explain a little more what you mean by the AI, please?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

gjonny Posté à 19/01/2024 22:13

@mometek  

>> really cool if I can use the AI on just my favorited loops
If you mean SongMaker AI, then definitely a +1

ProductionSavard Posté à 28/01/2024 21:07

A lot of people are asking my to make some meditation music, but turns out there is absolutely no soundpool in this style. We have dozens of Hip Hop soundpools, same for Pop, Score ETC, but absolutely nothing with relaxing music EXCEPT for Nordic piano. But once we've created 3 or 4 instrumentals, there's nothing left to explore...
Nop the other Ambient soundpool don't match with what I'm looking for...

So it's kinda a suggestion, it would be really really nice to have more soundpool for relaxation and meditation not chillout, Meditation.

gjonny Posté à 29/01/2024 01:35

@ProductionSavard
>> absolutely nothing with relaxing music EXCEPT for Nordic piano
So you want more piano?

"Meditation" covers a lot of territory -- can you be more specific?
I think of Buddhist chants, Gregorian chant, Sufi music, Japanese flute music -- to me, these all can have a meditative quality.  Then there's Tony Scott's "Music for Zen Meditation" album.  And of course, there's the Alpha/Delta/Theta/etc. kind of sound structures.  And Keith Jarrett's free-form piano concerts.  

I imagine if you can give more definition to what you want, you're more likely to get something that works for you.

ProductionSavard Posté à 29/01/2024 01:57

How could i be more specific? I would say all the soundpool we have about relaxation is chillout. But chillout its not meditation at all. Just go on YouTube and type «  meditation » and its nothing about chillout… its about frenquency sound, no voice, no percussion, no drums. exemple : 396Hz sound. Now, if i really want something relaxing i need to take like 8 differents soundpool album mixed between ambient and chillout, and sometimes the bpm don’t match and its ugly. Also i would say we have a lacks of deep choirs and Gregorian chant. and Tibetan sounds. I would like to be more specific, but im on Magix Music Maker to learn music, im a new passionate producer with a lacks of knowledge in this topic.

ProductionSavard Posté à 29/01/2024 02:00

Other things, Meditation music are during about 45 minutes to one hour, so i kind of need more than one nice string, one nice synth, one nice flute, one nice smooth and deep piano.

SP. Posté à 29/01/2024 15:01

@ProductionSavard I think what you need is a sampler VST to play pad sounds yourself instead of using loops.

Magix currently sells its old sampler Independence at Producerplanet.com for a reduced price.

You can either get only the sampler https://producerplanet.com/de/article/independence-pro-standard-3122/

or the sampler plus the 70 gigs sample library https://producerplanet.com/us/article/independence-pro-premium-suite-3121/

A sampler can load WAV files and then you can play them with your MIDI keyboard. So you can load pad sounds or create them yourself and play them as long as you want and the notes you want.

Alternatively, you could search for VST instrument synthesizers on the web to create pad sounds.

johnebaker Posté à 29/01/2024 16:58

@ProductionSavard

HI

. . . . So it's kinda a suggestion, it would be really really nice to have more soundpool for relaxation and meditation not chillout, Meditation. . . .

There is the option to create your own meditation music by playing VST Instruments.

With these you can adjust tuning parameters, reverb etc to achieve the 'meditation vibe' you are looking for.

Additionally it avoids you having to purchase Commercial licences for the Soundpools that you use, if you are being paid for doing this work, or the end product is used commercially, eg sold on Spotify etc, publicly broadcast on radio - Internet or over the airwaves, TV etc.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

ProductionSavard Posté à 29/01/2024 17:06

Are you saying that we can’t publish our music for commercial use while we spend hundreds of dollars to get full access of what we want? I even paid the right to publish my song to get paid less than a coffee by song. I won’t let Magix take my rights out trust me lol. And for the VST, it is what it is, its great that we can do more things with it, but here im only talking about soundpool and that’s what people seems to not understand. Im learning little by little and im far from using VST’s.

emmrecs Posté à 30/01/2024 11:01

@ProductionSavard

Are you saying that we can’t publish our music for commercial use while we spend hundreds of dollars to get full access of what we want?

I would advise that you carefully read this web page which details exactly what is possible in terms of usage with each type of licence for Magix Soundpools.

If you are not able or prepared to use VSTs to create your music then your only option is to purchase the appropriate licence for each soundpool you wish to use.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Pat-Pilcher Posté à 09/06/2024 11:45

I dont want to sound negative, but some of the sound pools are pretty rubbish. Instead of sample families you get one or two loops in different keys. More loops that are in families would represent far better value for money. At the moment it feels like the proverbial is being taken and given the costs of each soundpool, this really needs to change

Pat-Pilcher Posté à 09/06/2024 11:47

how about some jean michelle jarre style soundpools? Slow atmospheric electronica with lots of cool synth pads, sequences and drums with heaps of effects?