Wishlist for the next Music Maker!

Commentaires

browj2 Posté à 11/10/2021 14:36

@johnebaker

Hi John EB,

I tried Ignore and it scrolls through the various patches (files). After going through once, the message window disappears behind MMM screen. Continuing with Ignore, the same things happens, the message disappears, click on it, continue clicking on Ignore, repeat, I'm now insane expecting a different outcome.

Clicking on Ignore All brings up this message:

Closing that brings up Rock Drums as previously indicated.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

johnebaker Posté à 11/10/2021 15:14

@browj2

Hi John

The error message would suggest that the Rock Drums is an older version, however IIRC you downloaded and installed all the new versions of the Instrument VST's when going to MEP 2021.

John EB

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

browj2 Posté à 11/10/2021 15:26

@johnebaker

Hi John EB,

Yes, I believe that I did, but I didn't rigourously go through the list of what was downloaded/installed. I probably have a video of the list.

Just to be clear, I was trying to load Vintage Lead Trumpets, not Rock Drums. The final result was Rock Drums.

As I indicated, just clicking on the root of Vintage Lead Trumpets opens the instrument correctly and one can change the patches; clicking on one of the patches from the load instrument sub-menu is where there is a problem.

BTW, Rock Drums loads correctly when a patch is selected from the list, unlike Vintage Lead Trumpets. Why Rock Drums (without patches) loads after aborting Vintage Lead Trumpets is another mystery.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Tristan-Weijermars Posté à 12/10/2021 15:13

@browj2 @johnebaker Indeed just selecting the Vintage Trumpets without selecting a variety worked indeed. Thank you very much!

Mikey12 Posté à 07/11/2021 06:59

I would like thransport buttons in the main interface to be manually assignable to midi commands like in instruments, right click, midi learn. Thanks.

glenn.rossi Posté à 09/11/2021 18:47

This is more of a question to MAGIX but could be an added feature/capability! Can MAGIX VPX(13) and MM2022 Premium be opened at the same time on my Windows 10 PC?

My VPX13 works fine, but I am still working with MAGIX support on operational problems within MM2022, such as Song Maker crashing the App. I would like to use my VPX13 to record my PC window (when opening & using MM2022) as a short MP4 video to send to MAGIX support; however, it appears that both Apps use common PC resources preventing both Apps to be opened at the same time! (Other Apps and browser windows can be recorded with VPX13 without problems!)

Thanks, Glenn

browj2 Posté à 13/11/2021 04:37

@MAGIX_Redaktion

Hi,

Please put back the Share feature on the top menu. We should be able to go back and forth between VPX/MEP and Music Maker like before.

John CB

John C.B.

brian-hill Posté à 27/11/2021 08:34

I would love the ability to test a an instrument before buying it. The Demos are often cluttered with other sounds and often make it difficult to distinguish the exact sounds of the instrument. And the demos don't often play the instrument in a way that I would. So being able to test an instrument out would be amazing.

You could load it and play around with it but not be able to save your project so there's no way you could "steal" the instrument.

TK_ Posté à 29/11/2021 11:05

New version of ORB Producer Suite does not work with Music Maker. Based on VST. Please fix that problem. It works 100% ok with Ableton.

Lots of other VST plugins doesn't work either. Looks like there are problems with your VST2/3 interface.

Every Soundpool has a Show details -button. Doesn't work on my computer for some reason.

More detailed information about audio buffering (Program settings/Audio buffer). Why should I change the settings and when?

When I have just listened to some soundpool (at soundstore) and I want to start to listen my own project, it still starts to play the soundpool.

Every track is muted, but when I press play button, I can still hear one track playing (which has VST plugin). Why is that?

When I press Ctrl-A and I delete all the tracks it works fine, BUT when I undo (Ctrl-Z), the scale of the tracks on the screen is wrong.

You see, there are lots of simple bugs on this software. I like to use this software, but I think I have to move to Ableton, if the next version still has bugs which I can see every day.

emmrecs Posté à 29/11/2021 11:50

@TK_

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

You will see I have brought the contents of your seven original posts into one single post. This makes it much easier for users, and any Magix staff who might view your ideas, to see everything you suggest in one go!

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

TK_ Posté à 29/11/2021 12:05

@TK_

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

You will see I have brought the contents of your seven original posts into one single post. This makes it much easier for users, and any Magix staff who might view your ideas, to see everything you suggest in one go!

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Thanks! Perhaps they read my report. I really want to help them to make a better software. I really like this. :)

SP. Posté à 29/11/2021 15:02

@TK_ Orb Producer Suite needs good MIDI routing capabilities to send MIDI events from the Orb plugins to another VST. Music Maker cannot do this. Samplitude Music Studio cannot do this. Even the much more expensive Samplitude Pro X has very poor MIDI routing between plugins and you are likely going to get a headache from using Orb Producer Suite there. I can not recommend using these plugins in Magix' DAWs without loading them into a metaplugin like Plogue Bidule.

TK_ Posté à 29/11/2021 17:55

@TK_ Orb Producer Suite needs good MIDI routing capabilities to send MIDI events from the Orb plugins to another VST. Music Maker cannot do this. Samplitude Music Studio cannot do this. Even the much more expensive Samplitude Pro X has very poor MIDI routing between plugins and you are likely going to get a headache from using Orb Producer Suite there. I can not recommend using these plugins in Magix' DAWs without loading them into a metaplugin like Plogue Bidule.

Thanks for this background information. So I am not going to wait a miracle to be happen. :) The Orb Producer Suite is now useless for me.

TK_ Posté à 30/11/2021 10:25

In lots of cases, undo-feature doesn't work very well. Why it can't work like at Microsoft Office? In Office you can really trust it. Now I just made something strange for my new project, but I can't undo it. Cool.

And now my yellow marker at arrenger window has disappeared. That which shows the bars. For some reason, it was very very short before that. I didn't make it shorter.

And feature "delete all jump markers" doesn't work. I made some markers, but I can't undo them.

If Magix doesn't have enough beta testers for their new software versions, I can sign up right away. And I guess here are lots of other people for that work, too.

One small wish: Could you please make the program's color (and font) scheme closer to Ableton? :)

Who is responsible for your translations? Google perhaps?

TK_ Posté à 30/11/2021 11:46

Mixer. Sliders are not accurate. Please make them smaller - and look like in a real mixer. Buttons, FX, S, REC and M are all too big. They take much space from the slilders. And when I turn on the knob, please make it show some value while turning it clockwise or counterclockwise.

TK_ Posté à 11/12/2021 19:26

Once again, Music Maker -task is taking almost 100% processing time and the process is jammed. So I opened Windows' task manager and killed the task. I have learned to press Ctrl-S many times during the editing. :) These bugs should be removed for the next version.

And one thing which makes using the Music Maker's own VST's a bit slowly. When I want to try another sound, I must press arrow up or arrow down buttons with mouse. Why I can't use arrow up and down from the keyboard?

TK_ Posté à 13/12/2021 10:39

When I press mouse right button, I would like to find a feature "duplicate track". Because of the layering sounds. The new track - which is a duplicate of the original track - should be under the original track.

This happened a minute ago. I edited midi data - but all notes an octave lower - and when I tried to close the window, the midi data window jammed. I wasn't able to close it.

And when I turned the Musicx again, the midi data window was still open. But now I was able to close it. BUT: When I pressed the play button, it didn't start playing my project. Nice "feature". :) I loaded the project again and now it plays it.

Frank_Fader Posté à 14/12/2021 16:01

Mixer. Sliders are not accurate. Please make them smaller - and look like in a real mixer. Buttons, FX, S, REC and M are all too big. They take much space from the slilders. And when I turn on the knob, please make it show some value while turning it clockwise or counterclockwise.

With the latest patch (13.12.2021, V 30.0.4.45) you can adjust the mixer scaling, in the options buttons (cog-wheel) on the top right in the mixer.

You can also hide the FX, and Sends controls areas to get more space for the fader, via the labels on the left side of the mixer.

Thanks for many hints on issues that can be improved!

TK_ Posté à 14/12/2021 17:50

Thanks, that helps a lot.

One thing about the installation program. At its first screen (in Finnish version) is text "hyväksyt lisenssisopimukset ja tietosuojaseloste." That should be "hyväksyt lisenssisopimukset ja tietosuojaselosteen."

If I want to change the bpm, there is a large knob for it. But it is hard to change the bpm by using mouse. It would be easier to use the big + ja - buttons near the knob or setting it directly by keyboard (arrows left & right, or setting the numbers directly).

Frank_Fader Posté à 15/12/2021 08:52

Since V30.3.39, you can either TAP the tempo (on the BPM button which shows "TAP" on hover), or type it in directly at the transport console's BPM display which is an edit field.

TK_ Posté à 15/12/2021 09:23

Thanks!

When a track which has only midi data is active and all the other tracks are unactive, I can still choose, for example Effects / Pitch, tempo & remix / Harmony agent, but of course it doesn't make anything. It would be better that when a midi track is active, all those options are in gray which are not available - and of course, if an audio track is active, Effects / Pitch, tempo & remix / MIDI transposition is not available (is in grey).

When I open the midi data window, it is always too small. So it doesn't "remember" its size and place on the screen, when it was used last time. It would be nice that it can remember these features.

Let's say I have 15 tracks and 5 tracks are in solo mode. Next I want to listen track number 5 only in solo mode (all others goes into mute mode). It would be nice to get track number 5 go in solo and all the others in mute just by double-clicking the solo-button on track number 5. And when double-clicking again all five tracks are in solo mode again.

When I press the OK button at the MIDI editor, it "cleans" the whole window and the window stays open. And because there is an OK button, there should also be button named Cancel. And after pressing cancel, the normal question about would you like to loose edited data, etc. If I open File-menu at the MIDI editor it doesn't look like a standard File-menu because the last selection ("Exit") is missing.

If I select a singe midi note by pressing mouse left button, it should be able to open a menu by pressing mouse right button and choose Copy, Cut, etc. Now right mouse button deletes the note. Eraser tool should work only when it is chosen from the drop down menu.

When I open the Midi window and move arrow cursor over a note, it would be nice if a small window opens which shows the note - like in ProTools. :)

This happens quite often: When I open the MIDI editor and press Play solo -button the entire program jams. I have to open Task Manager and kill the MM process. It can work once, but not second time.

I have updated to the latest version. If I click my present project "too early", software opens an error window with the following text: "You want to use a Premium function in Music Maker Free edition...". So the software lets me choose project before it has checked if I have Premium version or not. This "feature" came with the latest update.

gjonny Posté à 28/12/2021 00:18

This is regarding the Store, in Default Layout (in-app store, MM2022)...

1. In Soundpools, scroll down the list of pools halfway or more
  2. select a Pool, and click on the Info link, which takes you to a view of data for that pool
  3. when done, click the return (<--) link to go back to the list
  4. I always end up back at the top of the list; ie: there's seems to be no memory of the scroll location.

The list of Soundpools is really long. Can some kind of memory of list scroll location be implemented?

gjonny Posté à 29/12/2021 00:15

Sidebar width in Default Layout  (MM2022, 30.x.x.44, Premium)

In "Default Layout" the sidebar is visible.  I can manually adjust the width of the sidebar.  If I close MM, then reopen it, that adjusted width is reloaded.  All well and good.

But now, if I set the Arranger fullscreen (F2), then go back to the Default Layout (F4), a different sidebar width is loaded (not my previous manually-set width).  

gjonny Posté à 29/12/2021 00:18

SongMaker  (MM2022, 30.x.x.44, Premium)

1. Open SongMaker tab
  2. Create a song
  3. Set Arranger fullscreen (F2)
  4. Then go back to Default Layout (F4)

Beatbox Pro tab always appears.
Why does it not go back to the SongMaker tab?