Yellow Playback marker

SW3 wrote on 9/13/2023, 5:12 AM

Hey

I recently got back into Music Maker and was working on a project when my playback marker at the top shrunk to a yellow square and I could not edit it. I tried F4 to reset the layout but that didn't do anything, I can't seem to extend it out by dragging the end of it. Just seems to be stuck at the beginning. I load up new projects and it all works fine there. Don't know what I've done or if it's just being glitchy. It means that when I go to play it always starts from the beginning and being 2 minutes in really makes it impossible to edit. I've looked around and all the potential solutions I found didn't work.

I am running the latest version 32 for Magix Music Maker 2024.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 9/13/2023, 6:12 AM

@SW3

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Can you try placing your cursor somewhere to the right of that box (on the same line) and Shift-Right clicking? That should mean the end of that playback marker bar moves to wherever you have clicked and you can then drag it (without using Shift) at either its beginning or end, to wherever you want it.

If that doesn't work for you have you tried using the horizontal zoom buttons, bottom right corner of the arranger, to zoom in and then grab the end of that marker and drag it across, since it should now be longer?

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

browj2 wrote on 9/13/2023, 6:28 AM

@SW3

Hi,

Click on the magnifying glass at the bottom right of the Arranger. The yellow range bar should then take the full width of the screen or from the beginning of the Arranger to the end of the last object.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos