Comments

rraud wrote on 9/22/2023, 12:44 PM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @David-Riggs,

Go to the Sound Forge 'View> Windows Layout' menu and choose 'Organize Layouts'. There, you can assign a new or existing layout to show in the main View> Layouts menu. You can also change the list order, rename and add or remove layouts.. When a new:'Save Layout as' file is created, it is not automatically assigned. After assigning, the last used layout should become the default layout.
btw, If you have SF-16, you could also copy/paste the layout file from there and assign it instead of recreating a entirely new layout in SF-17 (this also applies to keyboard shortcuts). The layout and or key shortcut files are in the (normally hidden) AppData system folder.
C:\Users\--your user name--\AppData\Roaming\MAGIX\SOUND FORGE Audio Studio (or Pro) \16 (or 17)

David-Riggs wrote on 9/24/2023, 11:50 PM

Thanks for the info, have tried to do this but still can't get my layouts to come up, very strange. I use Win 10, it's fully updated. Everything else works fine on SF17, I did an uninstall and re-install but same issue. Any ideas are welcome as very frustrating. Cheers

rraud wrote on 9/25/2023, 10:34 AM

Hi @David-Riggs, I do not recall any reports of the issue you describe in any version of Sound Forge, nor have I experienced it, so it may be an isolated occurrence. Double-check the settings I previously stated. Otherwise, try resetting Sound Forge. "File> Reset all preferences and clear cached data".
You can also request an official Magix support ticket. It is a little confusing so you may want to peruse my instructional comment.

David-Riggs wrote on 9/26/2023, 12:14 AM

Thanks for the reply, will try and see if I can get it working.