why does it take so long to burn a 30 min disk

JSWITP wrote on 10/16/2011, 6:24 PM

I have a i7 3.4 ghz cpu with 16  gigs of ram and a fast burner.  Why doe Magix take so long to render a disk.  I am using the lastest Magix premium.  Am I doing something wrong.  I have 32 of these to edit and make.  It is saying it will take 55 min to render.  That is a lot of time. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 10/17/2011, 3:49 AM

Hi.

So much depends on the format that MEP is exporting/rendering from and to.  How long is the finished video?

I assume from your specs you're running a 64 bit version of Windows?  The "fast burner" will not have any effect on the speed at which MEP renders your project.  I have a lower-spec machine than yours (using VPX 3 rather than MEP) but I can export an SD video to DVD (normally .avi input file) rather quicker than real-time; HD (AVCHD in my case) footage takes anything up to 1.5 to 2 times real-time, depending on Transitions and Effects used.  If I need to use any CPU-intensive effects (e.g. Video Noise Reduction), rendering will take considerably longer.

From my experience "55 min to render" an SD video of anything up to about 75 minutes is pretty "good".

BTW, are you creating 32 different exports or 32 copies of the same one?  If it is the latter I would strongly suggest you use the option on the Burn Screen to create a Disc Image (output to "Image Recorder").  You can then use any standard burning software to burn as many copies as you like without having to re-do the Export/Render every time!

Last changed by emmrecs on 10/17/2011, 3:49 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

JohnnyO wrote on 10/17/2011, 6:40 AM

When burining, Choose the "Image Recorder" option for the burner.

This will burn the DVD to an ISO image and you will only need to go thru the timely calculations to burn once.

Then download the freeware program called imgburn. You can use this to burn the ISO image to DVD or Blueray.