Which Magix audio progrns work with VST's?

mark-sullivan wrote on 4/15/2023, 4:49 AM

My trusty Win 7 laptop with MP3 Deluxe and BBE VST's installed has finally failed. i installed MP3 Deluxe on a newer Win 10 laptop but it won't add VST's. I'm not interested in "making music" i just want to know WHICH programs that modify existing music (MP3 Deluxe, Audio Cleaning Lab, etc) will accept my BBE VST's (theyre amazing!). Please be specific on the versions! Thanks

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/15/2023, 4:59 AM

@mark-sullivan MP3 Deluxe has problems running under Windows 10. Have you tried setting compatibility mode to Windows 8 or 7? Can you configure the VST path in the program settings?

Please download the demo version of the audio programs you are interested in and test if your VST can be loaded. This is the most reliable way.

mark-sullivan wrote on 4/15/2023, 5:11 AM

Well, it’s working great except no VST import possible. Any idea which program that does similar work from MAGIX works with VST’s? Thank you for replying, I’ll try the compatibility mode, I’ve never done that but should be able to figure it out. Thanks for your time!

SP. wrote on 4/15/2023, 6:01 AM

@mark-sullivan For compatibility mode make a right click on the program shortcut icon, select Properties and there you can select the mode.

I saw your MKV question was already answered.

So, for your other question which audio software to choose: it depends on what you want to do.

No other software from Magix will give you an music database functionality. Most people don't need that any longer since streaming apps replaced that.

All Magix audio softwares can load VST plugins but I can't guarantee how good they will work with your specific plugins.

Sound Forge Audio Cleaning Lab is for simple editing and removing noise from video or audio recordings, vinyl or tape transfers.

Sound Forge Pro/Audio Studio is for editing single audio files or batch process many files.

Music Maker is for making music out of premade loops to create something really fast.

Samplitude Pro/Music Studio is for recording, mixing and mastering your own music.