Where is my option to choose the promised content of my choice?

David-Carnes wrote on 3/31/2021, 3:47 PM

Today I purchased and installed a license for the EDM version of Music Maker.

I can find no method to choose the Soundpools and instruments as the details on the product page indicate.

https://www.magix.com/us/music/music-maker/edm-edition/

Download (shipping free) Sounds & software instruments worth €105 in value
All free sounds, features & instruments in Music Maker
3 EDM Soundpools of your choice
1 MAGIX VST instrument of your choice & 1 Tiny Percussion instrument of your choice

The product feature at checkout time do not list the Soundpools and instruments.

Help --> Music Maker Store --> Redeem Music Maker credit and --> Redeem credit inform me that I have no credit.

Please help me get the content that is owed to me.

Thank you very much for your time,
Sincerely,
David

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/31/2021, 4:21 PM

@David-Carnes If you entered your serial number at the start dialog you should find the following yellow buttons at the bottom of the store tab:

This will open a list of things where you can select something for free.

David-Carnes wrote on 3/31/2021, 6:17 PM

Thank you for your quick response; that was awesome!

I have entered my serial number over and over and over again. Is it supposed to be visible once activated or does the space remain black? I'm speaking of the Start dialog.

Also, once activated, should it appear in my account in My Products --> Details about your product --> The following activations with this serial number are in use:? Nothing has appeared there.

One possible wrinkle in the equation. I uninstalled an older version of Music Maker and rebooted before installing the current one. Also, the file link in the confirmation email had me install a 32-bit version which was immediately replaced by the 64-bit version. That version was then patched with an update.

I haven't gone spelunking through the Registry, yet. But I think that will be something to do later this evening.

Once again, thank you very much.
Best,
David

SP. wrote on 3/31/2021, 6:32 PM

@David-Carnes

Is it supposed to be visible once activated or does the space remain black?

The space remains black. You can use it for other serial numbers like Music Maker Plus or Premium serial numbers in case you like the program and want to upgrade.

Also, once activated, should it appear in my account in My Products --> Details about your product --> The following activations with this serial number are in use:? Nothing has appeared there.

It is okay if it's listed in your user account even if the activations are empty. Other Magix products use a seat license where you can install the software on two different machines at the same time. Music Maker now works with a user account based license which will work on every device as long as you're logged into your account inside the program. This means the empty activations can be ignored.

David-Carnes wrote on 3/31/2021, 7:21 PM

Once again, thank you for your speedy response.
According to the instructions at https://www.magix.com/index.php?id=24244&L=52&C=220, it appears the registration is unsuccessful.
I will escalate this to Support.

Thank you very much SP.; though the problem has not been resolved your assistance has gone a long way to ease my registration frustration.

Ciao,
David

SP. wrote on 4/1/2021, 3:09 AM

@David-Carnes That is odd. If your product is listed under "My Products" then registration was indeed successful. What isn't working? You don't see the violet buttons on the startup dialog?

emmrecs wrote on 4/1/2021, 4:11 AM

@David-Carnes

Also, the file link in the confirmation email had me install a 32-bit version which was immediately replaced by the 64-bit version. That version was then patched with an update.

I have a suspicion that what you write above is the source of your problem, and it's not your fault!

The EDM version of MM is, indeed 32 bit. If you now have a 64 bit version (via update) you actually have "MM 2021 Free", the "basic" variant of the full MM. The 2021 release was the first to be 64 bit and, as such, is a paid upgrade from ALL earlier versions!

I would suggest that, if you wish to have ONLY the original EDM version you bought you need to:

• Completely uninstall the version you now have. I would recommend using the free Revo Uninstaller, or similar, to ensure everything connected with the program is completely removed. Just check carefully what is being removed by Revo's "Advanced Scan", especially if you have any other Magix programs installed.
  • Reboot your computer.
  • Reinstall your EDM version of MM. Do not accept any updates which may be offered.
  • Activate and register your version with the supplied serial key.

Hopefully, you will then have exactly what you bought and should be able to access and download those extra items.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Last changed by emmrecs on 4/1/2021, 4:13 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

David-Carnes wrote on 4/1/2021, 8:44 PM

This morning I awoke to both this post and a very long and apologetic email from support informing me about the 32-bit only requirement.

I am very impressed with the engagement and assistance I received from all. Thank you.

I had Music Maker open most of the day as I listened to all 200+ Soundpools whilst working. If I found myself listening to one for a while, it went on my list.

Once again, thank you very much for your time and patience.
Best,
David