WHERE IS MY CLEAN TAB?

MARINA.K wrote on 4/8/2023, 8:34 AM

Hello everyone!
I just bought Sound Forge Audio Studio 16 from Thomann, and instead I got a download for Audio Studio 17. I thought OK, it's probably an upgrade and I'm still trying to find my way around it. But I don't seem to be able to find a Clean Tab in my Instant Actions window. How am I supposed to clean up audio? A relevant YouTube video I watched says it's supposed to be there. I specifically looked up if SF Cleaning Lab was included in SF Audio Studio 16 before I decided to buy it, and I saw it was? Is it possible that it has to be bought separately with Audio Studio 17???!!???
Please help!
Thank you in advance!
MarinaK

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/8/2023, 8:42 AM

@MARINA.K Sound Forge Audio Cleaning Lab was never a part of Sound Forge Audio Studio. They are different programs. Do you have a link to the offer with SF Audio Cleaning Lab included?

If this offer is valid, Thomann seem to have not given you the license.

You can usually download free test versions from Magix.com that will work for 30 days. You might try the demo for SF Cleaning Lab and check out of this is the correct program you wanted. Then you might try to return your SF Audio Studio 17 to Thomann in case this is possible.

MARINA.K wrote on 4/8/2023, 8:46 AM

But ...
Could the Cleaning Lab be part of the Pro version of SF Audio Studio, and not the simple one?

SP. wrote on 4/8/2023, 9:05 AM

@MARINA.K SF Pro has definitely a Cleaning option with a DeClicker/DeCracler, DeHisser and Denoiser plugin and Noise Gate. I don't use audio studio so I'm not sure if this option should be available in audio studio.

But instead of getting SF for a lot of money you might want to try Accusonus Era VST plugins in Sound Forge Audio Studio. They went freeware (more correctly said abandonware) after they were bought out by Meta because of their patents.

Not many people know about them becoming available as abandonware. It's a full suite of real-time cleaning plugins and they worked pretty good.

You can still download them from archive.org because their website is now offline.

https://archive.org/download/era-bundle-v-6.2.00-voice-changer-v-1.3.10

There you will find a Zip file for Windows and Apple Mac OS

rraud wrote on 4/8/2023, 11:02 AM

To elaborate, Sound Forge AS (Audio Studio) has basic restoration tools: 'Audio Restoration' can attenuate din type noise like HVAC and such. 'Vinyl Recording and Restoration', which can attenuate clicks and crackle type sounds.
'Cleaning Lab Pro' has more advanced restoration tools than AS, but I am not hands-on familiar with it.
OTOH, 'Sound Forge Pro' includes two restoration suites; 'Noise Reduction Pack' (aka, NR-2.0), which has advanced (din type) noise reduction, click and crackle removal and clipped peak restore. SF Pro also includes iZotope's 'RX Elements' which basically has the same restoration tools as NR-2.0 but is arguably better. 'Sound Forge Pro Suite', includes both the above restoration tools , but also includes Steinberg's SpectraLayers Pro, which can help when all else fails (and IMO is worth the upgrade cost alone). Though editing the spectral graph has a rather steep leaning curve. It does have some very good automatic A.I. tools as well, but not to the extent of iZotope's RX Advanced, which is significantly more costly than the entire SF Pro Suite.

Check out the Magix's comparison table for Sound Forge.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @MARINA.K .