Website Malfunction

Wesley-Houser wrote on 9/20/2021, 7:21 AM

I've been trying to upgrade to soundforge audio studio to soundforge pro suite but the system for paying doesn't work, every time I try to finish placing the order it just kicks me back to the payment confirmation screen and acts like my card information is incorrect but it is not incorrect because I just upgraded music maker plus edition to the music maker premium edition with it. I'm worried that it might make multiple charges on my card and I've been trying for almost 2 days to place an order it just doesnt work. When I click finish it simply doesn't do anything and either tells me to check my information (which is correct) or it just simply kicks me back to the payment confirmation screen and I have to put in all of my information again. I've tried this like almost 20 times now.

Comments

Wesley-Houser wrote on 9/20/2021, 7:23 AM

I really just want to get the sound forge suite upgrade registered with my DAW (magix music maker premium) and be done with it. I just want to upgrade my product

SP. wrote on 9/20/2021, 7:28 AM

@Wesley-Houser Maybe this has something to do with 2-factor-authentication?

https://www.magix.info/de/forum/2-factor-authentication--1272480/

I think it is a good idea if you contact customer support at infoservice@magix.net

Wesley-Houser wrote on 9/21/2021, 3:26 PM

No, it was because the website was malfunctioning so it tried to charge my card multiple times so my bank froze my debit card because its worried that I'm being hacked or defrauded, which is unfortunate because I'm trying to run my business. My business is trying to start a record label so I buy your software and I make a whole album with it. The album sounds great its ready to be mastered and go into distribution. I liked the magix music maker program so far because it was simple and effective so I decide "Hey, why not buy premium... It must be better than the plus version that I currently have, and I can get a mastering program like the soundforge suite and master my album myself instead of shopping it." So I buy premium and download it, it comes with a version of soundforge but I want the pro suite so I decide to upgrade it but I cant. I go get everything fixed with the bank and decide to come back and instead of mastering it with sound forge I'm going to go ahead and buy a few plug ins and play around with the program a bit more, because ever since I updated to premium the whole program is just super choppy like almost impossible to arrange anything up before the whole program crashes and blows my eardrums out while its at it. I have a i5 Intel PC like it can't be that my system can't run the program it looks like the program is about to literally explode while I'm arranging music now. So I'm thinking "you know what... I already paid out the money I liked the program I'll just get used to the new setup and get some plugins." So I decide to download a few plugins so I can mess around with them and try to pre-master my songs a little bit. I'm able to download a couple plugins and when I try to download the third one its declined... because the website froze my debit card... again.... So then I decide "okay forget it I'm just gonna go make some music." I hop on the music player and want to mix one of the arrangements I made so I open the project and there is nothing there... Apparently after the update it erased almost half of the music I had already made. The projects are still there... but when I open the project my entire arrangement is gone. I mean this whole thing has lost me multiple days and literally could have lost me thousands of dollars in the grand scheme of things and I already been paying for this. I am trying to get this album put out and honestly its basically destroyed now. I don't really know if I want to attempt to get sound forge again right now. I'm going to have to try something else because I have a business I need to run I need to get my work out I just don't have time to deal with all of these tech issues. Thanks for trying to help and everything I like the program but its eating my music and I cant even seem to buy anything from you guys at the moment. I'm not trying to complain, I appreciate your time but this is not good at all for me.

SP. wrote on 9/21/2021, 5:53 PM

@Wesley-Houser You can try and load a backup project via File Menu > Backup > Load backup project. Usually Music Maker saves a backup MM_ .file every ten minutes if you haven't changed the standard settings. They should be in the same folder you saved your project file.

I'm not sure what happened to your projects or if you upgraded from an older version of Music Maker to the current version and uninstalled everything but maybe it's worth a try.

Wesley-Houser wrote on 9/22/2021, 11:29 AM

I haven't tried that yet but I will, I appreciate it. Yeah I updated to a newer version when it updated to premium, I had to download a new .exe. A lot of the projects that aren't working are ones where I didn't save the final change so maybe it backed it up but deleted the backups during the new install. I liked the projects but I can always make more if it doesn't work out so its okay. I appreciate your help.