Waves Plugins Not Loading on Song Recall

Phil-Huston wrote on 3/7/2023, 5:14 PM

The title says it all. My Waves plugins are available in a session. I use them, save the song. Try to load the song and get a message about can't load the plugin (H-Comp) and again, can't load the plugin (Studio Rack). They worked when I saved but won't load. I'm not a big fan of do-overs, particularly when, at the moment, it's an exercise in futility.

Any ideas?

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/7/2023, 5:53 PM

@Phil-Huston Does it make a difference if you run Music Maker as administrator by right clicking on the program icon?

Have you tried re-scanning the VST paths?

Phil-Huston wrote on 3/8/2023, 8:10 AM

Thanks for the suggestions but I have tried both. MMM 2023 P knows the plugins are there, and can be inserted in track, aux and across the master. And they obviously save with the project because they get aborted on project load. It's strange as I have quite a few plugins that require iLok and have their own "phone home" installers/maintenance programs that all load on recall elsewhere. And Waves are the only ones that don't load on recall in MMM. I would think that one of the picky ones, UVI, Eventide, NI, iZotope, Arturia etc would fold if the DAW had an issue. One workaround is don't use the Waves plugs, which I can do, but that Magna channel strip is magic. The other is to export the tracks and run them in another program. Neither are all that much trouble, but it would be nice if MMM and Waves played well together.

Thanks again. I'll keep trying different things and if I find something that works, I'll post it. It would also be interesting to know if anyone else has encountered this issue.

PH

SP. wrote on 3/8/2023, 8:19 AM

@Phil-Huston I read somewhere, maybe the KVR forum or VI-Control, that Waves plugins may not follow the VST standard 100%, which will make compatibility hit and miss depending on the DAW you use.

If you have different versions of the plugins, for example VST2 or VST3, you might want to try to load the VST2 plugins instead.

Phil-Huston wrote on 3/8/2023, 12:23 PM

I have both, but they all load and function properly, simply will not recall on reload. I even changed the security settings on all of them to no avail. I thought at first it was that I had several revisions of Waves (11, 12, 14) but when I checked Waves central it was a few I never use/Plugin Boutique freebies that were older. I would also agree that Waves and some DAWS don't play well together. There're YouTubes out there where the FL people have to jump through hoops. I bounce between Cakewalk (which has gotten really weird lately) and StudioOne which is pretty stable, but PreSonus is so snotty about their clock it can't be synced externally. I haven't tried Acid Next yet, but that's just for slamming loops and I don;t expect it to be too smart.

johnebaker wrote on 3/8/2023, 3:57 PM

@Phil-Huston

Hi

Have you updated or added some new Wave plugins?

If so then check if all the Waves licenses are all the same version, or if you have a mixture.

@SP. comment -

'I read somewhere, maybe the KVR forum or VI-Control, that Waves plugins may not follow the VST standard 100%, which will make compatibility hit and miss depending on the DAW you use'

- this issue is not limited to just Music Maker, the same has been happening with other DAWS and appears to have been going for a very long while.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.