VSTs never work anymore

Thistof wrote on 2/16/2024, 6:03 PM

I just want to use a couple basic MAGIX ONLY vsts that I bought and paid for. For example, Vita Concert Guitar. I can never get it to work anymore. Yes I've updated everything, no it still doesn't play. Yes, I've checked the audio settings, and they're fine, in fact the audio out light on the VST does nothing.

Comments

SP. wrote on 2/16/2024, 7:39 PM

@Thistof Make sure you have selected an ASIO driver in the program settings. This is mandatory for VST instrument live monitoring. Also set the track with your VST instrument to MIDI REC.

Derek-Davidson wrote on 2/17/2024, 1:10 AM

Mine are doing the same thing since I installed magix acid pro 8. Vsts that have worked in previous versions all say failed now

Derek-Davidson wrote on 2/17/2024, 1:17 AM

@Thistof Make sure you have selected an ASIO driver in the program settings. This is mandatory for VST instrument live monitoring. Also set the track with your VST instrument to MIDI REC

I Think hes talking abt vst effects, not instruments. I am having the same problem with vst effects.

johnebaker wrote on 2/17/2024, 2:51 AM

@Derek-Davidson

Hi

. . . . I Think hes talking abt vst effects, not instruments. . . .

@Thistof mentions Vita Concert Guitar.

. . . . 'I installed magix acid pro 8' . . . .

Are you running both Acid and Music Maker at the same time?

Are you having issues with VST instruments, effects or both?

Is the audio being routed to an external USB audio interface or using the computers sound card, in either case what make/model?

If using the internal sound card for Music Maker, ensure the ASIO driver indicated in the left image below is selected, if using an external audio device and it has its own ASIO option then use this.

Check the 'Exclusive' option indicated in the right image below is unchecked

Are the audio drivers up to date?

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

SP. wrote on 2/17/2024, 4:29 AM

@Derek-Davidson Have you re-scanned the VST paths in the program settings of Music Maker? Maybe you also need to reset the program settings under the File > Settings menu.

Derek-Davidson wrote on 2/17/2024, 9:58 AM

@johnebaker @SP. thank you both for trying to help. I am only running acid pro 8. I only use acid for vocals, so I only have a problem with vst effects. The output of my sound has no effect on whether these effects work or not. The preloaded acid fx work, but they are the only ones. I have tried many times to force rebuild of my effects. Acid pro does not give you the option to reset program, i think thats music maker exclusively. This is a problem with the program itself recognizing the bits of external vsts. ALL of my VSTS have question marks next to the name like this - DOUBLER (??Bits) . And they all appear only in the failed tab of my plugin picker. I have tried reinstalling many times. And all of my plugins have had ZERO problem on previous versions of acid pro. Thank for trying to help.

Derek-Davidson wrote on 2/17/2024, 11:17 AM

Hey guys, after much tribulation, I got it. I installed a 32 bit version of Acid 8. Its strange because I know for a fact that my VSTs are both 32 AND 64 versions. Like the WAVES mercury bundle is my main go to. But anyways, yes, my VSTs now work on ACID PRO 8 32 bit. Thanks for your help yall.

SP. wrote on 2/17/2024, 12:13 PM

@Derek-Davidson You can reset the program settings in Acid. Hold CTRL and SHIFT and double click on the shortcut icon to start Acid. Keep holding CTRL and SHIFT until a small window appears that will ask you if you want to reset the program settings.

Derek-Davidson wrote on 2/17/2024, 1:04 PM

Thank you so much. Yeah when I use the effects now that I have gotten them off the failed list, the whole program crashes 😂. I wish I could go back to Acid Pro 5. That was the best one. I am most likely going to buy a different program to record on. I have had this issue ever since I bought this like 2 years ago. But I am at my breaking point with this. These errors are beginning to slow my computer down with bullshit. I reset it, still crashes. Thanks for your help. Am going to delete acid pro, go buy something else and move on with my life.

Derek-Davidson wrote on 2/17/2024, 1:06 PM

This is what happens now 😂 fml

johnebaker wrote on 2/17/2024, 1:46 PM

@Derek-Davidson

Hi

. . . . only running acid pro 8 . . . .

Your question should have been posted in the Acid section of the forum, this topic is about Music Maker VST's.

Use the Windows Reliability Monitor to determine if the crash was recorded - see this tutorial on how to get the information and post a screen shot of the details.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Derek-Davidson wrote on 2/17/2024, 1:52 PM

Oh ok my bad. Just searched VSTs here and saw this. Yeah Im not a computer engineer. And shouldnt have to be when I am the customer buying a product. Im just a guy who wants programs that he buys to work. Which it clearly does not on many levels. I have purchased N-Track studio and will use this from now on. Thanks for yalls help. ✌️

SP. wrote on 2/17/2024, 3:03 PM

@Derek-Davidson Which paths are in your VST paths settings? If there are paths with DLLs other than VST-DLLs program might crash, of course.

DAWs usually know the standard VST3 paths because these are standardized and mustn't be changed by plugin developers. VST2 paths, on the other hand, can be all over the place. So it's recommend to install them all under a common directory. Of course, you'll have to check this manually during each VST2 installation.