VST SERVER and OS undefined ERRORS

Gary-Boggess wrote on 2/4/2021, 10:18 PM

RE: VST SERVER and OS undefined ERRORS

I just finished a WEEK of problem solving my Vegas Pro 18 and Sound Forge 14 installations. Many of my OLD VST audio programs would not IMPORT to 64-bit Vegas 18... so I bought a BRIDGE converter to convert my 32-bit audio plugins to 64-bit. Now I have ALL of my fav mastering tools etc in ONE platform at 64-bit. I never used the 64-bit version of Vegas Pro 11 much because it seemed to struggle. Now with WIN 10 pro, the 64-bit Vegas Pro 18 seems stable. Although I was doubting it. It turned out I had TWO VST plugins that were messing with it causing to fail to BOOT or CRASHING when it did.... causing a "OS undefined" message that was caused by a VST SERVER error. All because of TWO audio plugins!!! Now it's resolved. I have ALL of my 64-bit audio plugins in ONE VSTplugin folder... with the 32-bit converted audio plugins in VST-bridged. And all of my 32-bit audio plugins sorted out and all in ONE VSTplugin folder. After spending a week ripping my eyeballs and hair out... it really pisses me off that MAGIX doesn't SOLVE these problems for us. The solution was solved by a $15 VST utility... and if implemented right, this SOLUTION could be easily built into the Vegas Pro 18 at INSTALLATION. Thus saving the user days of frustration looking for Virus, adware, driver and other problems. WHEN Vegas crashes.... is it TOO MUCH TO ASK that the detail information about the crashes LISTS the offending plugin(s)??? Seriously... these are small inexpensive FIXES to the problems Vegas users encounter when installing Vegas upgrades. MAGIX needs to consider making such fixes FOR US. I read FORUM board after FORUM board searching for the solution that I finally found after searching Micosoft, Magix, Vegas and the entire internet.... searching for VST server and OS messages info to FIX my problems. Really... MAGIX needs to address this. It's just the right thing to do.

Comments

rraud wrote on 2/5/2021, 10:28 AM

I do not know about VP-17 and 18, but 32 bit VST-2 plug-ins run the without issue in the VP-16 and prior. AFAIK, no version of VP supports VST-3 plug-ins. Many 32 bit Direct X plug-ins also run in SF and VP. there are a few that do not though.

FYI, when Sound Forge Pro is included with Vegas Pro, it does not include the third-party audio plug-ins that are included when SF is purchased singularly.