VST plugin path

Lubomir-Rabatin wrote on 1/3/2023, 4:59 AM

Hello,

please help me...as i was during years installing different VST plugins they were installed to different file locations...i wanted to unify them, to have them in one folder...i know it was not good way, but i just all copy them CTRL+C CTRL+V to one folder....almost everything is running well in different DAWs except:.. .now in Magix i am missing pictures of Plugins (but i can normally open them and work with them)...and i can not open Vita LE instruments (i have an error meassage" wrong path...")...I was trying to complete reinstall Magix Music Maker, but it does not help..Please how i can solve this....or to come back to default setting to have Magix Vita plugins in path where it should be...thanks a lot

Comments

gjonny wrote on 1/3/2023, 3:53 PM

@Lubomir-Rabatin

Anything that Music Maker installs is owned and controlled by Music Maker.  MM has its own internal means to keep track of file locations.  As you're finding out, monkeying around with those file locations is pretty much guaranteed to cause problems.

Try this: 
(I'm focusing on Vita LE here.  You might be able to do the same thing with other missing images, too.)
This is the list of files and folders from the Vita LE folder from my MM2023 install:

Do you have the exact same list of files and folders in the Vita LE folder that you moved?  
If yes, copy everything from where you moved the Vita LE folder to the ...\MAGIX\Music Maker\Templates\[your version number - 29/30/31]\MxSynth\Vita LE folder.  If this works, then great! -- you're back in business.

If it doesn't work, then try this:
Uninstall Music Maker again, but using Revo Uninstaller this time.
Then re-install. 
If this works, then great! -- you're back in business. 👍 

If not, then you may want to (assuming Win10) do a Reset of your computer.  😕 

emmrecs wrote on 1/4/2023, 3:50 AM

@Lubomir-Rabatin

As @gjonny suggests, it is most definitely NOT a good idea to attempt to change default locations for any VSTs or VSTis which are an integral part of and included with MM.

However, third-party VSTs and VSTis CAN be installed wherever you wish (I have dedicated folders for each type, so keeping Effects and Instruments separate because of another DAW I use which does not like VST Instruments). Mine are saved to Program Files\VST Plugins and Program Files\VSTi Plugins. Then, in MM I add those folders to the locations which MM searches.

BUT, do not attempt to save VST3s, either Effects or Instruments to anywhere other than the default location, C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3. I believe it is a part of the VST3 specification that they MUST be installed in that default location.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Lubomir-Rabatin wrote on 1/9/2023, 5:17 AM

Hi,

so at firts i tried to copy files back from where i take them - does not help

then i reinstall MAGIX with REVO - does not help

so finally i reinstall whole WIndows 10 - now everything is working well and i am back

so to the future - no removing of files

....i did a lot of work with installing all plugins and programs back - but it has also positives - copmuter is clean now :)

Thanks