Comments

emmrecs wrote on 2/21/2022, 4:00 AM

@Wistmans-Wood

What is your Windows Display setting?

This problem can occur if you choose a setting greater than 100%, I believe.

If you want to use a display setting of, say, 150%, for "everyday" use, you could, temporarily, reduce it to 100%, enter the VST path in that dialogue and then, once the scan is complete, close MM and then reset your Display Setting.

I realise this may not be ideal for you but, as far as I know, it is the only solution.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Wistmans-Wood wrote on 2/21/2022, 3:04 PM

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your response.

I didn't have a problem until a recent upgrade. I reduced the display setting from 125% to 100% and still the same problem. I also changed the resolution but also no effect.

Regards,

Mark

SP. wrote on 2/21/2022, 3:30 PM

@Wistmans-Wood Try the following. Open the VST path dialog box and hold down the WINDOWS key on your keyboard. Then press the arrow keys to align the dialog to your screen borders. Usually the dialog should resize itself automatically.