VST instruments

Viktor-Kniesz wrote on 5/9/2021, 10:43 AM

Greetings! In 2019 i ve purchased the Magix Video Editor Premium Pro and i ve been given the Magix Music Maker as a bonus software, for free, without serial number, or registration codes. Today, may the 9th, 2021 i ve decided to purchase the Upright Bass and the Jazz Drum VST instruments as addition to the already existing Grand Piano, Pop Drum kit and some buzzing thing, i ve no use for. Purchase was succesfull, although in order to make it happen, I had to upgrade the free software. After the upgrade, the purchase was complete and downloading, installing was also succesfull, but i still can t use them. Recording mode with VST s is possible only in ASIO drive mode, but there s no sound, while tapping the keys. It records, the monitoring led is flashing, so there s signal, but there s no sound. Plus I can listen to the tapped recording only in Wave drive mode, when I play it back, which makes no sense to me, as the ASIO recording is midi format, not wave format. I ve checked all sound settings, drivers on my PC, using windows 10, but the problem remains. Should I reinstall Magix Music Maker? Or should I purchase a higher level version of it? How can I get a serial number for something, that was given to me 2 years ago, by the company itself? What would, or could anyone suggest to do? Cheers

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/9/2021, 11:06 AM

@Viktor-Kniesz What are your ASIO driver settings?

You need to click on the "Advanced..."-button in the program settings to configure the driver and activate your audio devices and inputs and outputs.

browj2 wrote on 5/9/2021, 11:38 AM

@Viktor-Kniesz

Hi,

Please look at some other threads to see how it all works. I am getting tired of telling people that Music Maker is free; no serial number is required. There is only one Version of Music Maker 2021. If you buy an Edition like Premium 2021 or Plus 2021, you will get Features, Presets, some instruments and Soundpools along with some credits for some Instruments and Soundpools of your choice. Please review the comparison table on the Magix.com site. It is always more cost-effective to purchase in bulk.

In 2019 i ve purchased the Magix Video Editor Premium Pro...

Just to be clear, there is no such program. Please always use the correct name, which I presume for you is "Movie Edit Pro" and not "Video Pro X."

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Viktor-Kniesz wrote on 5/9/2021, 2:03 PM

SP, thank you for your input. I ve done that a few times, w default settings, and also every other possibility provided. The ASIO plays back only in Wave mode, totally silent otherwise, has no live play back. Gonna reinstall later i think. Again, thanks anyway.

SP. wrote on 5/9/2021, 2:09 PM

@Viktor-Kniesz This is my setup on my laptop. It works fine for me. My laptop has a Realtek sound chip. I activated it and its inputs and outputs.

Viktor-Kniesz wrote on 5/9/2021, 2:18 PM

SP. That s exactly what i went through and used as set up numerous times with the same result and it s becoming the definition of being stupid. Goin over n over again the same thing the same way, expecting a different result. I ve no other apps running in the backround either and again, it does record, it does play back the recording, but only in wave, n doesn t provide sound while recording. That s why i think i ll better reinstall the whole lot as i m no Beethoven to make music without hearing it. Thanks a million anyway, even eliminating the possibilities helps a lot.

SP. wrote on 5/9/2021, 2:42 PM

@Viktor-Kniesz 

You need to select an ASIO driver. Wave will not give sound when recording, only ASIO does that.

A screenshot of your settings would be helpful. Maybe you have a new kind of sound chip.

Some sound chips don't work well with Magix Low Latency. Alternatively you can try the newest version of ASIO4ALL or the FL Studio ASIO driver which you can select after installing the free FL Studio demo.

Viktor-Kniesz wrote on 5/9/2021, 4:23 PM

Sp. I used it since 2019, on a quite regular basis, with no problems at all. I recorded midi drums, converted them into wave, then used those drum tracks to record live instruments in wave mode, through the external mics, mixer etc. I havem t chamged anything in my PC, but the only way to purchase the new 2 VST instruments was to upgrade the software. And that s when it stopped working like it used to. Because of the upgrade. And that s why i m becomming more n more convinced, that something went wrong during the installation.

If reinstall won t work, i ll give it a go with your suggestion. This way, or another, I ll keep you posted.

I appreciate your help.

Viktor-Kniesz wrote on 5/11/2021, 2:58 AM

SP. I promised you an update. It was my stupid mistake, as the power on/off was off by the device I set up to use. MMM support group did a great job and would also like to thank You for Your input on the matter.

Best regatds