Comments

Nickillus wrote on 9/5/2018, 9:42 AM

I'm on a pc, so imagine mac is different - however for me it still works that if you open the program settings, and the 'folder' tab option within that, you should have the ability to add vst paths lower on that tab.

So - Settings/program settings/folders should offer you a chance to set a folder where you can tell MM to look for any vst's you load yourself. I should point out that I've stored all my third party vst additions in a folder of my choice, rather than the default 'steinberg vst' on the C drive. As you loaded Omnisphere it doubtless gave you an option where to store VST 32 and VST 64? You just need to tell MM where that is.

Each time I add a new third party vst I find I also need to refresh that vst path from within Music Maker so it will see it. It does not seem to check automatically. I use the access through the dropdown that appears from the little window above the virtual keyboard. There is an option to set the plugin path at the end of the list of your instruments. Alternatively get to it through that program settings/folder route.

Hope that makes some sort of sense?

emmrecs wrote on 9/5/2018, 10:21 AM

@Nickillus

MM is Windows only so I'm not sure why you mention "mac"?😀

@Martin-Moran

Precisely which variant of MM are you running? I think the option to ad a nominated VST folder may only be present in the Premium version.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Martin-Moran wrote on 9/5/2018, 12:22 PM

I'm running pc version with Windows 10... purchased today 5/10/18. I've used Magic Music Studio since 2014 so familiar with how it works. Usually there is an icon on keyboard layout to define vst folder. It seems the pool and intruments are now to the right of the screen. No way of defining vst folder. And in setting folder no option there. Bought this today and I'm more than a little pissed off that magix does not provide me with a direct answer to a direct question.

johnebaker wrote on 9/5/2018, 1:03 PM

@Martin-Moran

Hi

The add VST folder path is in the Program settings, Folders tab.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Martin-Moran wrote on 9/5/2018, 3:32 PM

Hi thank you, there is no new folder tab in settings... I've seen similar post describing this in relation to an earlier version and relating it to a program issue. Reinstalled twice and still no vat tap in settings/folders

Martin-Moran wrote on 9/5/2018, 3:32 PM

Sorry auto spell is on

emmrecs wrote on 9/6/2018, 4:04 AM

@Martin-Moran

If you open Settings>Folders you should see the following screen:

Notice the highlighted area.

If you do not see that I think you either do not have the full MM Premium version (I think the Plus version should have this too) or you have not activated your version of MM using the supplied activation code.

So, please confirm which variant of MM you have (Basic (Free), Plus or Premium) and that you have fully activated the software.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Martin-Moran wrote on 9/6/2018, 4:49 AM

@Martin-Moran

If you open Settings>Folders you should see the following screen:

Notice the highlighted area.

If you do not see that I think you either do not have the full MM Premium version (I think the Plus version should have this too) or you have not activated your version of MM using the supplied activation code.

So, please confirm which variant of MM you have (Basic (Free), Plus or Premium) and that you have fully activated the software.

Jeff

Thanks ever so much Jeff, yes I was looking for that tap on settings but it was not there. I purchased the 2019 premium. Im 99% sure I activated it properly to no avail. I've completely reinstalled Windows 10 now on my pc and will hope that will clear the issue when I reinstall MM Premium.

browj2 wrote on 9/6/2018, 7:10 AM

@Martin-Moran

Hi,

Did you download and install everything to which you are entitled under the Store, including Presets, Features, Instruments and Soundpools?

VST is part of the Creative Suite that you have to Download and install after Activation.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Martin-Moran wrote on 9/6/2018, 12:06 PM

Yes that did it, thank you very much