Vocal recording not starting where it would make sense.

SuperSonic wrote on 4/30/2021, 4:23 AM

I absolutely love MMM. I don't know how many versions I have, but it's a lot. I started using it more than a decade ago, and it's always been my go-to editing program for making music, remixes, beds, and even producing voice overs for clients. One thing that drives me absolutely bonkers is how some of the pre-fab vocals are recorded. A LOT of them don't make sense how they were edited. The sound byte starts at the last syllable of a sentence or line, and ends with one syllable short, which makes you have to try to drag the byte to the left just a hair and then drag out the right side to get that last syllable in. Since some of the bytes are off by a weird beat, you REALLY have to struggle to get them to match up with the rest of the bytes due to having to drag it over a bit and then extend it over to get that last little bit in there. This makes no sense to me. It doesn't appear that any of the other bytes do it, or if there are some, either I haven't come across them, or they are so subtle that they're not noticeable. But then again, instrumental loops rarely have a place that if you knock them over a bit makes them sound odd, at least when you let it snap into place. But the vocals do. Not all of them, but a lot of them. Take the Christmas package for example. One of the clips goes "smas, wherever you are. Smiling faces everywhere. Feel that magic in the air. 'Cause it's chri." Now, looping it sounds right, other than how the loop ends and begins with half of a word. The Imagine Rock one, or whatever it's named, doesn't do that. The vocals start and end where they should be. But it seems that about half of the vocal loops I've come across start in the middle of a word or start at the second sylable of the line and end one syllable short.

I've tried re-downloading the ones that are off, but they always come out the same. So that tells me that's how they were edited for the program. Is there any special reason why Magix does that to some of the soundpools?

As always, thanks in advance for any input!

All the best,

~Ziggy

Comments

No comments yet - be the first to write a comment...