Comments

emmrecs wrote on 2/3/2021, 4:31 AM

@Bluesea

These are user to user forums, so not a contact for ANY Magix staff.

As I advised you in your other post to the notification thread, please give us full details of your computer, the exact version and variant of MM you have and also a step by step method to reproduce the problem.

Then we, fellow-users, might have a chance to be able to help you.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Bluesea wrote on 2/3/2021, 2:25 PM

Hi. Thank you for your reply. After I read the help section from music maker I had the impression magic staff was here. I'll post the details. If I can't fix my problem, I will email the staff and they will fix it in the next update.

Bluesea wrote on 2/3/2021, 2:43 PM

I have music maker 64 bit 29.0.5.32

So I start a new project or open a project and I open vita rock drums I get the message on the right.

SP. wrote on 2/3/2021, 3:35 PM

@Bluesea It is possible that it will work if you reinstall it. Go into your Windows Settings app and into "App Settings". Scroll down to MAGIX Content and Soundpools and click uninstall. Select your drum instrument to uninstall it. Once it is uninstalled open Music Maker again and reinstall the instrument and hopefully it will work again.

johnebaker wrote on 2/3/2021, 4:03 PM

@Bluesea

Hi

. . . . They were working before. I have the new update. Please fix this. . . . .

Have you updated from Music Maker (MMM) 2020, or earlier, to MMM 2021?

Is this the update dialog you had

If so did you open the Changes in this patch option to see this

Check the version number under Help, About if it is 29.0.x.xx then you have MMM 2021.

If this is so then MMM 2021 is probably running using the 2020 or earlier serial number - in which case it is not fully functional and it cannot use the Instruments correctly because a feature is missing that enables it to use the old Instruments.

MMM 2021 the first version of the program to be 64 bit and is in effect a new program for which you must purchase the Upgrade and get a new serial number to activate it and then download and install all the Extra Content and Features.

If you do not want to purchase the upgrade, you need to revert back to the earlier version, however the activation of MMM 2021 may have removed this from your My Products list at magix.com - login there with your email address the program was registered with and select My Products.

There you will see your registered products - if the Music Maker (28) download is still available, you can download it and re-install and activate it, then download and install the Extra Content - if you elected to save the Extra Content in the Magix downloads folder the first time when you installed MMM then it will use these.

If you do this, when the above Update message appears do not update the program, it is a nuisance in that the message will appear every time you start the older version.

If the download is not there, I would suggest you contact Magix Sales by email to infoservice@magix.net explaining the problem.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Bluesea wrote on 2/3/2021, 4:25 PM

@Bluesea

Hi

. . . . They were working before. I have the new update. Please fix this. . . . .

Have you updated from Music Maker (MMM) 2020, or earlier, to MMM 2021?

Is this the update dialog you had

If so did you open the Changes in this patch option to see this

Check the version number under Help, About if it is 29.0.x.xx then you have MMM 2021.

If this is so then MMM 2021 is probably running using the 2020 or earlier serial number - in which case it is not fully functional and it cannot use the Instruments correctly because a feature is missing that enables it to use the old Instruments.

MMM 2021 the first version of the program to be 64 bit and is in effect a new program for which you must purchase the Upgrade and get a new serial number to activate it and then download and install all the Extra Content and Features.

If you do not want to purchase the upgrade, you need to revert back to the earlier version, however the activation of MMM 2021 may have removed this from your My Products list at magix.com - login there with your email address the program was registered with and select My Products.

There you will see your registered products - if the Music Maker (28) download is still available, you can download it and re-install and activate it, then download and install the Extra Content - if you elected to save the Extra Content in the Magix downloads folder the first time when you installed MMM then it will use these.

If you do this, when the above Update message appears do not update the program, it is a nuisance in that the message will appear every time you start the older version.

If the download is not there, I would suggest you contact Magix Sales by email to infoservice@magix.net explaining the problem.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

The vita drums don't work on the 2021 edition. Or the older edition.

Keeping around a really old edition from music makers is dangerous from a security perspective.

Bluesea wrote on 2/3/2021, 4:28 PM

@Bluesea It is possible that it will work if you reinstall it. Go into your Windows Settings app and into "App Settings". Scroll down to MAGIX Content and Soundpools and click uninstall. Select your drum instrument to uninstall it. Once it is uninstalled open Music Maker again and reinstall the instrument and hopefully it will work again.

I don't see the vita drums software in there. I see other instruments but not vita drums.

browj2 wrote on 2/3/2021, 6:32 PM

@Bluesea

Is this the one?

If so, then click on the icon where the arrow is. Don't select anything else. If it opens, then you can select the patch from within.

It works fine on both of my computers with MMM2021.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Bluesea wrote on 2/3/2021, 6:55 PM

@Bluesea

Is this the one?

If so, then click on the icon where the arrow is. Don't select anything else. If it opens, then you can select the patch from within.

It works fine on both of my computers with MMM2021.

John CB

It still doesn't work. I get the same message. However, since you say that yours is working... Maybe there is a problem with my installation. I will do another update, and try again. If that doesn't work, I will re install.

Bluesea wrote on 2/4/2021, 12:37 AM

I just uninstalled both versions and reinstalled it and it didn't work. I also installed the update and it didn't work. Ill just message magix staff.

johnebaker wrote on 2/5/2021, 8:24 AM

@Bluesea

Hi

. . . . I just uninstalled both versions and reinstalled it and it didn't work. I also installed the update and it didn't work . . . .

Which older versions - version numbers would help.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Bluesea wrote on 2/6/2021, 11:56 AM

@Bluesea

Hi

. . . . I just uninstalled both versions and reinstalled it and it didn't work. I also installed the update and it didn't work . . . .

Which older versions - version numbers would help.

John EB

Since I uninstalled them and reinstalled music maker, I only have version 29.0.5.32 now.