Comments

johnebaker wrote on 12/25/2021, 1:13 PM

@James-Schousen

Hi

. . . . I purchased an upgrade to MMM 2022 Premium 64 bit  . . . .

Assuming you upgraded from an earlier version/edition, for the instruments to appear in full you should have:

1. Registered Music Maker with the new serial number you should have received
  2. Logged into the Store
  3. Downloaded and installed all the Extra Content that became available after activation/registration

The extra content contains more instruments for Vita 2 as shown below when fully installed

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

James-Schousen wrote on 12/27/2021, 3:38 PM

Thank you for your reply John. I did all of that and am still unable to open VITA instruments or the Editor for VITA. I have a service ticket opened with Magix Support and am hoping they will find a solution for me. I wrote them the following -

Than you for your reply.

First I want to express that I am really frustrated by this issue and that VITA 2 was not included with my original purchase of MMM 2022 premium.

That being said let me back up to the beginning in an effort to help us figure this out.

When I first purchased MMM 2022 premium it cam with VITA LE that only had drums.

I searched the in app store and found VITA 2 with all the instruments available in Presets and thought I had to purchase them so I did. (Plus Presets and Premium Presets)

VITA LE disappeared from my instruments and only showed VITA as seen in the print screen below. ( NOTE: there is not an Icon Picture showing for VITA )

I followed your instruction to "Clean up Store..." and logged back in to the store but am still unable to apply or open any VITA instruments.

SP. wrote on 12/28/2021, 6:23 AM

@James-Schousen How are you trying to open a Vita instrument? After installing all presets you should just add Vita 2 to your track and then you should be able to select an instrument in the Vita 2 instruments settings.

James-Schousen wrote on 12/28/2021, 7:10 AM

Hi SP thanks so much for you reply.

To open VITA I tick on the PLUS at the left of the track to bring up the selections. VITA is at the bottom of the selection window (Note: VITA does not have an ICON). I choose the instrument and it does appear at the left of the track, but that is as fare as it goes. I am unable to open the Editor to proceed.

I wish I could figure out how to add a print screen to show you.

Anyway I also have gone to the Edit tab at the top left of the scream, selected Object > Create New Object > Create New MIDI Object > Standard - This put the sample track in with VSTi2: Concert Grand LE. Then I drop down the Instrument Selection in the Editor to choose VITA and get an error Magix VITA - File Not Found when I choose the instrument.

It looks to me that VITA never got installed and I can not find any place in the store or downloads or any other place that shows available VITA content.

This is really frustrating and I hope someone can help me get this fixed.

SP. wrote on 12/28/2021, 9:18 AM

@James-Schousen You can upload a screenshot with the arrow icon above the textbox. To open the instrument editor just click on the small gear icon in the track header.

If your installation of Vita 2 is broken you can uninstall it in Windows Apps and Features. Just select Magix Content and Soundpools and uninstall it. You will see a list, where you can select Vita 2 to remove it from your computer.

Then check the folder %USERPROFILE%\Documents\MAGIX\Music Maker\ShopManager_mm30\downloads if the Vita2 installer is still there to reinstall it. If the installer is not there you need to reinstall Music Maker to get it back because you cannot download it from the shop.

James-Schousen wrote on 12/28/2021, 10:02 AM

Thank you SP.

Now I can include prt scrns.

As you can see there is no gear icon in track 3 for the VIVA instrument.

I will follow you direction to fix broken VITA and advise what I find.

ante wrote on 12/28/2021, 11:58 AM

Hello everybody.
I would like to join for discussion because It seems that I have the same problem.
After updating to 64 bit version I don't have anymore Vita 2. I only have Vita LE which contains only 1 drum and 1 percussion (see photo)
Following advice's here I have uninstalled and downloaded again and install the new version. But it has again installed without Vita 2 and I cannot download it from the shop. Anyone has any solution to this problem.

Thank you for your assistance.

James-Schousen wrote on 12/28/2021, 12:20 PM

Welcome to the Party Ante- LOL - I also have a service ticket open with Magix and they said to do exactly the same thing the SP directed me to do and no VITA - I see from you pic that you at least have the VITA LE Icon. Mine disappeared completely.

So now I am just waiting for the next suggested course of action from Magix and will share as soon as they do

SP. wrote on 12/28/2021, 1:05 PM

@ante Usually you need to download and install the "Presets" from the store to get all instruments.

The plus presets will replace Vita 2 LE with Vita 2 and the premium presets are additional instruments for Vita 2. Does this work for you?

@James-Schousen

I have sent you a private message.

James-Schousen wrote on 12/28/2021, 2:22 PM

Thank yo SP, but it did not work - I opened the link to HiDrive Share and chose Modify not Remove.

I completed with out error and when I opened MM I still could not get VITA to work.

ante wrote on 12/28/2021, 2:55 PM

Thank you SP, downloading presets worked for me. I must be getting older😎

SP. wrote on 12/28/2021, 5:46 PM

@James-Schousen I tested the plus preset installer on an empty system, It worked fine. Since you have gotten the modify/remove option, the installer already found a version of Vita 2 on your system. I would suggest you select the remove option and reinstall it in a second run of the installer or you need to check Windows Apps and Features and uninstall it from there.

James-Schousen wrote on 12/29/2021, 8:10 AM

Well- first I uninstalled the 3 VITA 2 you said and used the HiDrive links - The install window came up with language selection not the option to modify or remove. I thought that was good because it was different - No errors - then I opened MM and VITA 2 did not work.

Next I uninstalled all Sound Pool and uninstalled MM completely - I reinstalled MM and opened it. All my purchased instruments and the VITA Plus & Premium were in the download window and the VITA LE Icon was now back (VITA LE Icon went missing early in this process) - I downloaded VITA Plus & Premium and installed them from the in app - Again the installed asked for language, licensing so again I thought great this is working, but no, it did not.

Then I uninstalled "everything" again - reinstalled MM - this time I used the HiDrive links you gave me - Opened MM and still no go.

What am I missing?