vegas pro 22 deep learning models install fails

TheFlinx wrote on 10/13/2024, 2:33 PM

had to locate and download the offline installer because the download manager won't download anything.

run the installed and it starts to install and says:

could not access network location [WIX_DIR_COMMON_DOCUMENTS] VEGAS_VEGAS_PRO_22_LEARNING_MODELS

OK so right in the middle of typing this I remembered other issues I have with installing or running certain software that reports it can't access something but is vague about it.

I checked in Settings/widows security/virus & threat protection/ransomware protection and sure enough the installer was trying to do something in my profile folders and windows was blocking it. attempts to unblock the folders failed nor was allowing programs through working either.

I had to disable controlled folder access for the install to work. so uh yeah it installed. thanks.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 10/13/2024, 3:40 PM

@TheFlinx

You were advised in your other thread that these are NOT the forums for the Magix Vegas range of products.

Please do not continue to post here or, regrettably, your access will be blocked.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam