Using "Sound Forge Audio Studio 14" Offline

Mickz1 wrote on 5/19/2021, 3:07 AM

Hi,

I am a registered user of the above software.

I currently have it installed on my day-to-day PC.

I also have a music studio PC that is not online - although I do connect it now and again for updates etc.

Is it possible to install Sound Forge on a second PC for my own use?

Also, will the app work if not connected to the internet for long periods of time - maybe 4-5 months?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Regards, Mick.

Comments

rraud wrote on 5/19/2021, 9:57 AM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @Mickz1

Magix Sound Forge can be activated on two (2) PCs simultaneously.

You can also deactivate a device and use it on an alternate PC if need be. If done on-line, this option can be used only once a month. OTOH, if you 'deactivate the Software on on of the PCs, the option can be used as often as you wish.

The '365' subscription versions can only be on one PC.

emmrecs wrote on 5/19/2021, 1:26 PM

@Mickz1

will the app work if not connected to the internet for long periods of time - maybe 4-5 months?

Quite possibly not. Most/all recent Magix programs require an Internet connection in order to check a valid licence exists for the product, normally about once per month.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Mickz1 wrote on 5/21/2021, 10:26 AM

Thanks for your responses.

That's a shame about the regular check-in to home. When I'm working on music I keep that PC well away from the internet. I'm going to have to find an alternative app.

rraud wrote on 5/21/2021, 10:42 AM

I think the once-a-month or so phone-home procedure applies to codec licensing, Normal editing should still work.