using mp3s

matthew-sjogren wrote on 2/3/2021, 9:23 PM

I am having an issue with using mp3s.. I bought the hip hop edition(so honestly I feel i should have this ability reguardless) but nonetheless, i went through alot of different sources to try and find the answer. finally i found something that said i needed to purchase another thing all together in the in program store. a bit of a hassle considering this is not the first version of magix I've ever bought. including the magix 15 i purchased years ago i have spent over $100 for this program. the old version of magix automatically allowed this. but my new laptop does not have a cd drive, and for some reason you took my old version off the website, forcing me to repurchase, which i dont mind the updated software., but I digress

My main problem is I have tried for the last few days to purchase the feature so I can use mp3s(I colab with several people and I find it easier to send mp3s via emails) but your program tells me theres an error every single time i attempt to pay.. please help me solve this as it is vital to some of my most cherished projects.

I am uncertain of the version, after installing Magix it prompted me to update to version 29.0.5.32 so I did. then after I restarted after the install and loaded it I got the same prompt, I assumed there was more to install so I accepted and waited again, only this time it told me I had to delete it to reinstall it, so I am at a little loss..

Comments

SP. wrote on 2/4/2021, 12:21 AM

@matthew-sjogren It could be that there is some security reason that prevents you from buying. You need to contact sales support at infoservice@magix.net to help you.

emmrecs wrote on 2/4/2021, 3:53 AM

@matthew-sjogren

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, so not a contact for any Magix staff and the software is not ours.

Just to be clear, the latest version, 29.xx.xx.x, is the first 64 bit version of MM and thus was a paid-for upgrade to any previously-installed version. If you simply updated your previous version, what you now have is the Free version of MM, which may not include the facility to import and use mp3 files.

Rather than buying one of the add-on packages, by far the cheapest method of obtaining the full functionality of the program, along with the greatest number of instruments, effects etc., is to pay the upgrade price to the Premium version.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

matthew-sjogren wrote on 2/4/2021, 11:05 AM

@emmrecs yes a paid-for upgrade(by the way it finally let me update) I am using the 64 bit. I didnt pay for premium because lot of the bells and whistles it gives are meaningless to me, so that kinda spend is essentially worthless, so I would rather just purchase the add-on.. but I am still having issues with the in program store, @SP. thank you I will try and contact them, honestly I know this is user to user forum but when I posted it did give me option for support, I assumed support would also read this