URGENT need help please. Acid 6 will not open older projects

Lsymptomatic wrote on 11/17/2021, 2:57 PM

Hello, I have worked hard on several projects over the years. Just got a new PC with Windows and Acid 6 will not open some projects.

Any help will be appreciated. It says to upgrade but will it solve the problem ? What if I waste $200+ for nothing ? Why cant the projects just open properly like some of them already do ? I am sure they are not corrupt.

Comments

SP. wrote on 11/18/2021, 3:08 AM

@Lsymptomatic You can download the current demo version and try if it is able to open your old projects. Otherwise I would suggest you try to open your old projects on your old computer.

The message in your screenshot just says to update the program. It is not talking about upgrading.

Lsymptomatic wrote on 11/18/2021, 4:10 PM

@Lsymptomatic You can download the current demo version and try if it is able to open your old projects. Otherwise I would suggest you try to open your old projects on your old computer.

The message in your screenshot just says to update the program. It is not talking about upgrading.

Thnx. Where would I find the latest update ? I tried on this page MAGIX - Product Downloads but it didn't bring up any available updates. This is the version I have. Do you know if that is the latest ?

Thnx.

johnebaker wrote on 11/18/2021, 4:45 PM

@Lsymptomatic

Hi

. . . . Just got a new PC with Windows . . . .

From the image above it looks like you have the old Acid as it is showing odd Windows version data, ie you are running on Windows XP, yet the version number refers to Windows Vista, on a PC which is up to 1 year old given the processor model number.

Which version of Windows are you using?

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.