Upload to Youtube directily from Video Pro X5 not working

preacherallen wrote on 9/10/2013, 7:48 AM

I created the video and then clicked File >Oniline>Youtube/Vimeo>upload.  It creates a video and then pops up the window UPLOAD TO INTERNET.  I fill in the information and click ok.  It then ask for my login information.  I type in my user name and password and it processes for a few seconds and then it kicks back to that screen again as if they are not valid.  I know they are valid because I can log in to Youtube Upload Video with it and it works fine.  I was just wanting to see the difference in loading directly out of Video Pro X5 as opposed to creating a file and then uploading it.

Why will it not take my login information?  Any thoughts?

Allen Dearing

Comments

yvon-robert wrote on 9/10/2013, 10:04 AM

Hi,

The best way to produce a video to upload to any social web server like YouTube, Vimeo, FaceBook... is to export from Magix the video file like MP4 H.264 or MOV file to a directory on your hard disk. After you open your account to YT and manually upload to the web.

You can refer to this French video but use an English software '' How to create a compatible YT file from Magix''

http://www.magix.info/fr/publier-sur-youtube-vimeo-et-facebook-manuellement.online-training.1015382.html

Regards,

YR

preacherallen wrote on 9/10/2013, 11:19 AM

Thanks for the help yvon-robert.  That is what I normally have done for last few years.  Just thought since Pro X5 was suppose to post it directly and in what I assumed would be the best possible form I would try it out and see if there was any change in quality of post

johnebaker wrote on 9/10/2013, 12:46 PM

Hi

If you are having quality problems have you followed Youtubes guide here?

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 9/10/2013, 12:46 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

preacherallen wrote on 9/10/2013, 3:00 PM

Not sure if I have quality problems or not - They seem to look OK but just wondering 2 things - it takes "forever" to upload videos and wondered if this would be faster and second wondered if videos might look better.  Also this is advertised as one of the features and it does not work!

yvon-robert wrote on 9/10/2013, 6:04 PM

Hi,
My best choice for YT is to follow rules 1280 x 720p bit rate 6000 or 5000 or VBR if you use too much quality the file size is big and took too much time to upload but YT reduce to his own specifications.
To reach the maximum quality you must control camera work:
1) Background must be when possible uniform color nothing moves like leaves in trees during shooting is.
2) Focus on subject, no zoom for nothing on subject, each zoom + or - give bigger file, like effects, transitions.
3) Use good lighting to avoid grainy movie, sun light is the best but inside swirl neon bright lite 5550K is very nice.
4) Use monopod or tripod, if you use hand for camera use optical stabilization.
To reduce file size you can cut on picture quality by default is 9 also you can use minimum bitrates 5000 for HD at 1280x720 at 854x480 is 2500 and at 640x360 is 1000.
That is all in my head when I shoot a movie for the Web.

Regards,

YR

Scenestealer wrote on 9/10/2013, 7:39 PM

Hi

That is very good advice from Yvon-Robert. The less the picture is changing whether by movement in the frame or grain / noise the easier it will be to compress within YT's data bandwidth limits, and retain quality.

I disagree however with the point in 4) - increasing the quality slider in the MPEG4 export advanced encoder settings will not increase the file size (this is determined by the bitrate limit) but will increase the time to encode before the upload to YT. This is because increasing the Q slider tells the encoder to search farther in the frame to find pixel matches to discard, allowing greater compression and increased quality within the same bitrate limit. This then takes longer. A better quality image that you produce in your compression of your export file from MEP, will in fact be faster for YT to upload (YT re encodes it anyway) because there will be less block noise and compression artifacts to confuse their encoder. 

Ss  

Last changed by Scenestealer on 9/10/2013, 7:39 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

System Specs: Intel 6th Gen i7 6700K 4Ghz O.C.4.6GHz, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming MoBo, 16GB DDR4 2133Mhz RAM, Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD system disc WD Black 4TB HDD Video Storage, Nvidia GTX1060 OC 6GB, Win10 Pro 2004, MEP2016, 2022 (V21.0.1.92) Premium and prior, VPX7, VPX12 (V18.0.1.85). Microsoft Surface Pro3 i5 4300U 1.9GHz Max 2.6Ghz, HDGraphics 4400, 4GB Ram 128GB SSD + 64GB Strontium Micro SD card, Win 10Pro 2004, MEP2015 Premium.

preacherallen wrote on 9/11/2013, 4:55 AM

Thanks for all the information and that is all what I am currently doing.  I guess my main frustration is that a feature of the program that is advertised as something worth having in fact does not work at all.  I will just keep rendering out the video and then loading it the way I have in the past. 

Yvon-Robert - several of your points are well taken in the filming, but do not apply to me.  90% of my work is vacation videos and thus backgrounds are always moving - city streets, leaves, rivers, people, ocean etc.  I can rarely control the lighting I am shooting in (It is what God provides basically in the outdoors).  Much has to be hand held since I am constantly on the move with a group and carrying a monopod  slows down the point and shoot I often have to do to catch the moments as they happen.  I do use optical stabilization all the time and shoot hundreds of hours on a trip and then throw 95% away when editing.

I guess the answer to my original question is "It is a broken feature that does not function as it is advertised"  I still like the program and use it almost every day.

Allen Dearing