Upgrade to X6/7 Independence version problem

Marty-Zeak wrote on 5/7/2022, 11:32 AM

I recently paid $200 to upgrade from Samplitude Music Studio to Pro X6/7 which advertised the Premium Plus version of Independence included.

The correct version (12 GB refuses to install). I had previously had the free version (with the standalone etc.) installed, but had removed that from my system prior to the upgrade. Only this 300 MB version "installs", yet it will not find ANY library once an instance is used in the program. Only the stock piano sound plays, which is nice but I really bought this version for its drum kits etc, which I had used previously when I had a 365 subscription I have previously cancelled. I thought this would be a good "keep it forever" compromise for the price considering the Independence Pro Plus library standalone is $130 bucks.

This problem is contradictory to the advertising and if this cannot be resolved I plan on requesting my $199 bucks refunded. I could have bought a decent hardware pre-amp for this money instead.

Comments

browj2 wrote on 5/7/2022, 12:32 PM

@Marty-Zeak

Hi,

The Independence library is installed later. Upon first opening Independence there should be a message asking if you want to download the library. Do so.

See this tutorial.

Independence Pro Library Path & Loading Instruments - YouTube

I suggest that you join the Samplitude forum. Lots of great info there.

I hope that you looked at what is offered in the Suite. For 50$ more, you get a whole lot more.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

SP. wrote on 5/7/2022, 1:40 PM

@Marty-Zeak First, you need to install Independence, which is 300 MB. After this is done you will find an separate Independence Plus library installer in the Independence program folder that you need to run to download and install the library.

Marty-Zeak wrote on 5/7/2022, 2:45 PM

When I opened Independence I didn't receive the message to install the library, obviously, but I will check out the YouTube video. And where might this installer be located? And thank you both

Marty-Zeak wrote on 5/7/2022, 2:51 PM

The YouTube video "assumes the library image files have been downloaded and are already located on the hard drive". 20 Seconds in, this doesn't help me. Still looking for this elusive "installer" program. Is there a file name I should search?

SP. wrote on 5/7/2022, 3:09 PM

@Marty-Zeak Please look in the Start menu entry for independence.

SP. wrote on 5/7/2022, 4:06 PM

@Marty-Zeak I just checked the filename. I think it should be called independence_pluslibrary_dlm.exe. The version I have is called independence_prolibrary_dlm.exe.