upgrade loops rights

Forvist wrote on 12/8/2021, 4:02 AM

Over the years i have used magix music maker as my primary music making software, i have acquired several soundpools/loops from the inapp store.
My problem is that i am starting to get a hang of things, and want to push it a step further. My collection has been bought in both the pirvate use only plan and the for commercial use plan.
Now that i want to take it a step further, i need to upgrade those bought under the private use only plan to a commercial use plan. But that option i cannot find anywhere, furthermore i see no option to re-buy those i want to upgrade, to be able to buy them for commercial use.

What can i do about this issue?

Comments

SP. wrote on 12/8/2021, 7:47 AM

@Forvist Sadly, you need to buy for every Soundpool you want to use commercially the commercial licenses again. For the full price. And you just missed the Black Friday sale when there was a 60% discount on every Soundpool license. It is likely that there will be some 50% discount events over the next year, but usually Black Friday will give you the best discounts. My suggestion for you is to wait at least until there is a 50% discount again. It usually happens once every three or four months.

You can get the licenses on http://www,producerplanet.com. If you have bought Soundpools some years ago from Catooh.com or on DVD it is very likely the names changed. But you should be able to find them if you search for the old names on Producerplanet. The old names are listed in the description of the Soundpools. Depending on how old your Soundpools are be aware that Soundpool DVDs up until #16 can be used commercially without buying a license.

Forvist wrote on 12/8/2021, 7:50 AM

That's a bummer, but if that's the way it is, i will get it done eventually. Thank you for the response.

browj2 wrote on 12/8/2021, 8:21 AM

@Forvist

Hi,

Just to make sure that there is no misunderstanding, whether you purchase the commercial or non-commercial license, you get the same Soundpool files. They don't know which license they were purchased under, only you know. If you purchase a commercial license for Soundpools that you already have, you get the rights, but the Soundpools are the same and there is no need to replace them. Also, there are 2 flavours, ogg and wav and you chose which ones you want, irrespective of the license.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos