UPGRADE FROM FREE TO PREMIUM

Asheron5 wrote on 2/28/2022, 10:46 AM

Hello. I'm using Music Maker 2022 Free Standard Edition. On Magix site in Poland, where I'm from, PREMIUM EDITION is about 100 euro (new buy) and there is upgrade option (almost half cheaper). Of course I would like to choose cheaper option, which is upgrade, but I don't know if it is possible to do so from Standard Free Edition?

Thanks for the reply.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 2/28/2022, 11:26 AM

@Asheron5

Hi

If you have an earlier version of Music Maker registered in your Magix account you may qualify for the Upgrade price. If not this is a first purchase (new buy).

Do note that when you purchase you only need to activate the free version with the serial number, you receive by email, to unlock the extra content downloads which will appear under the Downloads tab in the program.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Asheron5 wrote on 3/1/2022, 10:58 AM

Hej John EB, thank you for the reply. If I understood correctly - because I'm using MM Standard Free Edition I cannot upgrade to PREMIUM but I have to make a new buy (more expensive) and only then activate free version with the serial? Sorry for such probably obvious questions but I'm new to Magix software.

SP. wrote on 3/1/2022, 11:49 AM

@Asheron5 Can you get the Premium upgrade offer inside the Music Maker Shop? It is still valid.

Graham-Hawker wrote on 3/1/2022, 1:36 PM

Hej John EB, thank you for the reply. If I understood correctly - because I'm using MM Standard Free Edition I cannot upgrade to PREMIUM but I have to make a new buy (more expensive) and only then activate free version with the serial?

Yes that's right. Otherwise there wouldn't be any point for Magix selling at standard price. Of course you could buy the cheaper Plus Edition.

Asheron5 wrote on 3/3/2022, 1:37 PM

OK, I understand that but why do I have such an option and I can finalise the deal (UPGRADE) after loging into my account which is joined only with FREE EDITION? If I finalise and I pay will the serial not work with my standard edition?

SP. wrote on 3/3/2022, 1:44 PM

@Asheron5 Magix only offers full versions. An upgrade is always a full version for a reduced price. Usually you cannot buy an upgrade if you don't have an earlier full version registered to your user account. If you can buy it, it should work fine.

Asheron5 wrote on 3/4/2022, 12:44 PM

But if it doesn't work fine however, does enybody know whether there's a chance to get money back?