Updated Video Card...

runforrestrun wrote on 11/28/2022, 9:10 AM

Hello,

I recently upgraded my video card. Ever since then Music Maker runs slow or not at all. Is there a setting I'm missing or need to disable? Uninstalled it reinstalled it and updated it with the newest patch. I would like to get these BlackFriday Cyber Monday deals, but it's hard when Music Maker won't respond and Vita is only available to purchase inside the program. What can I do? Thanks!

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 11/28/2022, 10:27 AM

@runforrestrun

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

I doubt very much whether an upgraded video card would directly affect the performance of Music Maker; I suspect what you are seeing is purely coincidental.

However, because of the lack of detailed information in your post it is very difficult for we, fellow-users, to offer you much advice at all, sorry!

So, let's start with exactly which version and edition of MM you had at the time the problem started.

Then, which version and build of Windows do you have? What processor, RAM, hard drive(s) etc.? This post will show you the level of detail which is invaluable in helping us to help you! If you add that information to your signature we will not have to ask for it every time.

Then, what graphics card did you have previously and what do you now have? When you removed the old one did you also take care to fully uninstall ALL its drivers? Did you install the correct drivers for the new card and have you checked on its manufacturer's web site that they are fully up to date? (Don't depend on Windows or any third-party app to check this for you!)

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

runforrestrun wrote on 11/28/2022, 12:57 PM

AMD 5800x. Motherboard is a x570 Aorus Elite. 64GB of DDR4 Ram. Windows 11 PRO 22H2. AMD Radeon RX 6600 8GB. As far as MM the most resent released 31.0.2.21.

emmrecs wrote on 11/28/2022, 1:34 PM

@runforrestrun

Thank you for the additional information given, but what about the questions regarding uninstalling and installing drivers and what was the old GPU?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

runforrestrun wrote on 11/28/2022, 2:46 PM

Oh, yes I did uninstall and then reininstalled. It was something but also Radeon with only 4GB ram. Is there anything I should disable on my PC such as Anti-Virus or ....?