Comments

emmrecs wrote on 8/2/2023, 1:34 PM

@Lee-Gregory

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

First, you chose ACID as your product, but the version numbers you are using suggest very strongly that that is not correct! So, exactly which product do you have?

Second, please either take a screenshot of the error message(s) you see and post it/them here, or quote the exact, full wording of those messages.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Lee-Gregory wrote on 8/2/2023, 3:11 PM

Hi!
I uploaded some screenshots in the order of appearance and importance.
The first one shows the build number that the installer will install. Build 21.
The second one shows the folder where it will be installed.
The third one shows the installer in actionm.
The fourth one shows the popup that happens part-way into the installation, and it's asking me for a DISK location! The program's update notifier downloaded this installer version.
The fifth one shows that after I hit 'cancel' on the disk popup, it shows that build 21 has been successfully installed, even though it has not been installed.
Every time I open Music Studio it tells me there is an update to build 21!
I either need the physical disk to shut this thing up, or I need a different online installer. remember, I didn't choose this version of installer. The Update Notifier did.
And thanks for responding, by the way.

Lee-Gregory wrote on 8/4/2023, 12:41 AM

Hey, Jeff! What's up with my solution?

SP. wrote on 8/4/2023, 3:53 AM

@Lee-Gregory I suggest you create a technical support ticket in case the installer is broken. Click on the SUPPORT link at top of this page and then select your product. On the next page scroll down until you can click on Contact Support and create your ticket.

johnebaker wrote on 8/4/2023, 5:50 AM

@Lee-Gregory

Hi

The images you have posted of the dialog box are too small to read easily due to you capturing full screen shots with the Snipping tool.

Please use the 'Rectangular mode, to get only the appropriate dialog by dragging a box around the area to capture

Use the Windows or Full screen mode, 3rd and 4th icons in the image above, for when it is necessary to capture for example, a complete window or the full program interface.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

SP. wrote on 8/4/2023, 5:55 AM

@johnebaker I can see it fine after clicking on the image.