Unable to recognise sound card

Guy-Newson wrote on 5/14/2021, 3:09 PM

Hi, I have just purchased Audio Cleaning Lab 3 download version as an upgrade to an earlier version but it is not working. When I try and record vinyl I get an error message stating "No Sound Card Found". I do of course have a sound card and it is correctly installed and working properly. Please advise.

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/14/2021, 4:12 PM

@Guy-Newson This are my settings in Audio Cleaning Lab 1.

Can you make also a screenshot of your settings?

Guy-Newson wrote on 5/15/2021, 3:58 AM

Thanks for the advice SP. In my case any box referring to my sound card was blank, so I had no access to settings. I may have fixed it by fiddling. I suspect there is an error in the Magix code in the manner it sometimes interfaces with the sound card. Anyway, what I found was that if I shut off my laptop, start my vinyl deck and amplifier, connect Amp to the headphone socket on laptop and only then start the laptop and Magix, it will see the sound card. If I follow any other sequence it does not.😕

johnebaker wrote on 5/15/2021, 10:48 AM

@Guy-Newson

Hi

. . . . I suspect there is an error in the Magix code in the manner it sometimes interfaces with the sound card. . . .

That is a Windows function- ACL only see what Windows presents to it.

. . . . Anyway, what I found was that if I shut off my laptop, start my vinyl deck and amplifier, connect Amp to the headphone socket on laptop and only then start the laptop and Magix, it will see the sound card. . . .

Is the headphone socket also doubling up as Line in/Microphone?

Is the turntable connected to a 'normal' stereo amplifier which in turn has Line out connected to the headphone socket?

In this case you would get better using a good USB pre-amp/converter to cut out the amplifier and get better quality recordings.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.