unable to read VCD created with Photo on CD & DVD deluxe 8

cparent wrote on 5/13/2009, 6:36 AM
Hi experts,

I'm a new user of Photo on CD and DVD Deluxe 8
I've created a slideshow and burned it on a CD-ROM in VCD format.

My problem is that i can't read this CD on my DVD Player.
If I try to read it on my PC, when I insert the CDROM, it doesn't autoplay, but Windows opens a window with the CDROM content.

Any odea ?

Thanks in advance.

Christophe

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 5/13/2009, 7:23 AM
Hi Christophe,

What auto-play options are offered when you insert a medium is a matter of settings in your operating system and what applications are installed on the system. Plus, you definitely don't need this to come up as an auto-play option, just to be able to play the disc.

Make sure to install a suitable application that can actually replay Video CDs. I recommend VLC Player. It's free and will take care of all your VCD and DVD playing needs:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

If it doesn't come up as an auto-play options upon installation, just start VLC Player manually and use the "Open disc" option from the "File" menu to start up your VCD playback.

I hope this helps.

ralftaro wrote on 5/14/2009, 4:44 AM
Hi Christophe,

Thanks for clarifying this. I see what you're getting at and you might be right. The DAT file does contain the actual MPEG video and audio material on a VCD. Not sure about whether this directory structure is not standard-compliant. To be completely honest, I think I probably never burned a VCD in this program. I would have to reconstruct this first as soon as I find some time for that. I might have to get back to you later. Burning a DVD is not an option? Have you tried SVCD?