Unable to find license for Soundpool "Feel Good"

jamesthelames wrote on 1/2/2018, 7:56 PM

Do I need a license for the Soundpool (Feel Good) that comes with the free version of Music Maker? If so, where can I find it? I looked for it on Catooh and could not find it. If I don't, is there any sort of documentation I can reference just to be sure?

Thanks!

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 1/3/2018, 6:29 AM

Hi and welcome to the forum

. . . . Do I need a license for the Soundpool . . . .

That depends on what you want to do with the Soundpool - see this article in the Magix Magazine.

A few tips on posting in the forum:-

Please read this topic and put the following information in your profile signature so we do not have to ask for it: 

• Computer specification - processor make/model, graphics card or chipset make/model, audio card or chipset make/model, RAM,  hard drive configuration and sizes?

• Windows version and is it up to date?  Press and hold down the Windows key and the R key - in the dialog that opens type in winver and press enter.

• Software full name and version number - as found under Help, About . . .

Also when posting please include the following where applicable:

• Audio file formats being imported
  • Export format and settings used

Also add any other information you think may be relevant.

If you want to post examples of your work with Music Maker there is a separate section of the forum - click the Media option at the top of the page.

The Community rules are to be found using the link at the bottom of the page.

Thanks

John EB  

Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 1/3/2018, 6:29 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

jamesthelames wrote on 1/3/2018, 8:03 PM

Thanks johnebaker. I have already read the article you linked me to and I understand what kind of license I need for what I want to do with the music. That being said, as I stated in the original post, I am unable to find any licenses on Catooh for the Soundpool that comes with the free version of music maker (Feel Good is the name of the Soundpool). Can anyone help me with this?

johnebaker wrote on 1/4/2018, 3:56 AM

Hi

Is this the Feel Good Soundpool you are looking for?

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Larry98 wrote on 1/4/2018, 4:03 AM

Please contact the support for this. You can't buy the commerical license for this on catooh. The Chart Hits - Pop Soundpool is similar, but not has the same loops.

Last changed by Larry98 on 1/4/2018, 4:04 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

MAGIX Fan seit 2014.

Aktuelle Programme (jeweils neueste Version)
Video deluxe Premium, Video Pro X, VEGAS Pro Edit 15, Music Maker und Xara Designer Pro X.
Eine komplette Programmliste findest du in meinem Profil.

jamesthelames wrote on 1/4/2018, 6:43 PM

johnebaker, it does not appear to be the Feel Good Soundpool I was looking for, although it is interesting that the one you linked to didn't not show up when I searched. Thanks for the effort! To clarify, when I downloaded the free version of music maker found at http://www.magix.com/us/music-maker/, it came with a soundpool named "Music Maker - Feel Good" that I ended up playing around with and making a song that I would like to use commercially. After reading the article you linked me to in Magix Magazine, I realized I needed a license and so I went to Catooh as the article instructed me, but was unable to find the one that I am seeing in the free version of Music Maker. Perhaps it exists for demo purposes only.

Horsti12, Thanks! That does sound similar. I might go ahead and just try some other Soundpools whose licenses I can find, and then purchase them should I choose to use them. Out of curiosity, is the "Music Maker - Feel Good" Soundpool just for demo purposes only, not to be used commercially at all?

Thanks a lot guys!

ralftaro wrote on 1/9/2018, 3:09 AM

Hi all,

I'm afraid this is a bit of an exception from the general rule, when it comes to MAGIX soundpools. I just talked to my colleagues at Catooh the other day regarding this matter. This particular soundpool was put together from some other content (as Horsti12 pointed out above) specifically as a freebie for the new, free Music Maker version. There is no commercial license for this hosted on Catooh, and there's likely not going to be one. The item that John linked above is a simple audio file/song that goes by the same name, for which a commercial license is available. Sorry for the confusion this may have caused. I can also just recommend resorting to other/similar soundpool content, if commercial use the ultimate end goal of your work. Thanks!

jamesthelames wrote on 1/9/2018, 6:08 PM

ralftaro, thank you for clearing that up! Commercial is the end goal of my work, so in the mean time I went with another solution, but look forward to perhaps using music maker in the future.

ralftaro wrote on 1/11/2018, 8:28 AM

You're welcome. Just to make sure we're on the same page: What I said above just applies to this exception of the "Feel Good" soundpool you mentioned in the title of this thread. For most any other MAGIX Music Maker soundpool or Music Maker Jam style that you will find included with Music Maker releases or the previous "Soundpool DVD Collection series, or that you can purchases through these applications, you would be able to find and obtain commercial licenses from Catooh.com. (There's just another small number of additional exceptions, e.g. artist soundpools that were contributes by other musicians and that MAGIX doesn't hold the original copyright to.) So, the vast majority of content you'll be provided through Music Maker can be cleared for commercial use.

ralftaro wrote on 7/27/2018, 3:42 AM

A little update on this issue: Due to popular demand, MAGIX will make a commercial license available for the "Feel Good" soundpool. This will be provided via ProducerPlanet.com, and should be available by the middle of August.

Larry98 wrote on 8/7/2018, 5:31 PM

The Commercial license can now be found here:
https://www.producerplanet.com/de/article/pop-feel-good-3206/?license=commercial_unlimited

Last changed by Larry98 on 8/7/2018, 5:46 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

MAGIX Fan seit 2014.

Aktuelle Programme (jeweils neueste Version)
Video deluxe Premium, Video Pro X, VEGAS Pro Edit 15, Music Maker und Xara Designer Pro X.
Eine komplette Programmliste findest du in meinem Profil.