Unable to burn to USB for use on smart TV

KenW41 wrote on 9/12/2021, 4:29 AM

Please can anyone help an idiot, I converted a DVD to MP4 format downloaded to Photoshop then burnt down to USB, unfortunately it is not recognised by my smart tv? something obviously not right can some kind person if they have time tell me in kiddies language how to go about it, burning DVD's a cinch but using the smart tv burn down not so easy.

In the Magix Photostory there is a pop up that asks what you require DVD etc, I clicked the right hand box and altered the DVD+ to recording device and burned down to a recording device ie USB? using the format listed, my smart tv recognise there is a slide show but informs me it cannot open it.

Problem my Instruction book gives nothing on what format it uses, neither can I get any information about it on line, my biggest problem I was hoping that all smart TV were standardised to read a format, but that appears to be wrong, so I may have to give up the idea God help us when DVD's become obsolete, but thank you all for your hep, I did not use the converted slide show as mp4 in the end as that was not recognised either.

My smart Tv, but not so smart told me to format USB using the TV which I did, problem then my PC told me that the USB needed formatting, all in all perhaps the MAGIX Photostory 2022 will not produce USB for TV?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 9/12/2021, 9:32 AM

@KenW41

In order to be able to have playback from a USB stick on a Smart TV you need to first establish exactly what formats the TV accepts. (The TV 's manual should be your saviour here!)

How, exactly, did you convert a DVD to MP4?

"mp4" is a container format and can include a wide range of codecs, at least some of which are needed for both "recording" (NOT burning) to USB stick and for it to be readable by your TV.

BTW, I assume you mean you downloaded(?opened) your file in Photostory, not Photoshop!

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

KenW41 wrote on 9/12/2021, 9:56 AM

Hi emmerecs,

Yes thought i was doing the right thing I used a downloaded Programme to convert tp MP4 previously I used the downloaD FOR SMART tV TO usb THIS DID DOWNLOAD AND I COULD OPEN IT ON MY pc, BUT ALTHOUGH SMART tV USES fAT 32 WHICH I HAD FORMATTED THE uuSb TO IT DID NOT RECOGNISE IT, PROBLEM IS i HAVE TO BURN 6 usb FOR PEOPLES SMART tv'S BUT HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO GO ABOUT IT,Sorry about caps not good at typing blind LOl.

So I am not good at this side all DVD no problem, but first time trying using Photostory 2022 so need an in depth instruction how to go about it.

My USB is ok for the TV I have a JVC Smart Tv but it just keeps saying that it has no video etc on it.

It is so nice of you to take time as time is valuable, to try and help me I appreciate it.

Yours Ken The Idiot.

emmrecs wrote on 9/12/2021, 12:55 PM

@KenW41

You really do need to discover the exact “flavour” of mp4 each of those Smart TVs needs😱

As I wrote before, because mp4 files can use a wide range of codecs for both creation and playback, unless you know exactly which one(s) each of those TVs demands your only option, I think, is to “experiment”!
One other thought: I am not sure whether Photostory is the best software for what you are wanting to do!

I’ll be totally honest and say I’ve never needed to create an mp4 for TV playback from a USB so I’m really not the best person to advise you, sorry.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

KenW41 wrote on 9/13/2021, 12:14 PM

Has any one using the right hand pop up downloaded a slide show to a USB to be played on a Smart TV? If so could you please share your expertise with a newbie to this, DVD all ok USB will not work, so would need an idiots guide to help me.

Cheers

KenW

emmrecs wrote on 9/13/2021, 12:49 PM

@KenW41

Please help us to help you!!!

You really do need to find out exactly which "flavour" of mp4 file your Smart TV needs! Without that information I doubt very much whether anyone can give you any guide, for idiots or otherwise.

Jeff

KenW41 wrote on 9/23/2021, 12:48 AM

After 2 weeks of trying, and using the AVCHD1921x180p PAL it did not work, should I have used AVCHD 1920x 1080p24?

I chose Image Recorder to USB any answers out there does Magix Programme burn USB for smart TV or am I going down the wrong root?

I actually made two USB that worked on my TV but forgot what or how I done it having tried so many methods , OLD AGE I'm afraid LOL.

The one that I think worked was an MP4 that I converted as the film comes up on screen as Slideshow 20210_01.1.m...

emmrecs wrote on 9/23/2021, 3:58 AM

@KenW41

Hi, thanks for moving this to your original thread!

The Image Recorder option is for creating an .iso file which must then be burned to DVD so it is most definitely NOT the method to use in order to have your slideshow play from a USB! (That burning process transforms that .iso (image) file into the actual separate files that your DVD player needs to see.)

Unfortunately, I have to restate what I wrote before; you really do need to discover what format those Smart TVs will accept! Without that information we are simply going to be guessing!

Jeff

KenW41 wrote on 9/23/2021, 4:07 AM

I think I will give up and try other methods, I would like to thank everyone who answered y call for help.

Much appreciated.

Thank You!!