Unable to access program after update

Ashley-Jensen wrote on 3/13/2021, 2:02 AM

Since the update, I have been unable to access the program. When I finish the update and launch it, the center blue window never goes away or allows me to click through it. Thusly, I am unable to log into my account or sign up for Loops Unlimited. When I install older versions of the program, it works just fine, it's only just this newest update that has proven difficult.

I have tried to clear the store cache, but with the blue center window seemingly frozen and unable to properly load, it can't load the necessary files to clear the store cache or reset the program in any way. The only way to close the center blue window is to go into task manager and end program. Please help ):

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/13/2021, 4:42 AM

@Ashley-Jensen 

What are your hardware specifications and your WIndows 10 version? Are your drivers up to date?

Some things I would try in this case:

1. Starting the software as administrator (right click on the program icon)
  2. Can you temporarily disable all firewalls and Windows Defender? Maybe they are blocking the software?
  3. Maybe also try to disable internet until the software starts.
  4. You could also remove all USB devices and restart your computer, just to be sure.
emmrecs wrote on 3/13/2021, 4:58 AM

@Ashley-Jensen

In addition to what @SP. has suggested, your screenshot shows that the app is actually running but that splashscreen seems to be "stuck".

When I updated to the latest version I experienced rather different problems but, essentially, the app would not run! (The attempt to update caused my AV to flag "musicmaker.exe" as a virus! Hence it quarantined it and I could not even open the app!) I had to take the rather drastic action of completely removing it, using Revo Uninstaller. I then reinstalled it, entered my serial key (which I accessed via my Magix account) and then allowed the downloads and content installation to proceed normally.

I did wonder whether the uninstallation would also remove MM 2020, but it did not, and after MM 2021 and all the content was reinstalled I actually ended up with the app running more smoothly than it had for quite some time! e.g., I was no longer met with a range of Downloads which, despite me selecting to install them numerous times, never showed as installed. The only item now on that tab is SFAS 12, which is actually already installed and working.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Ashley-Jensen wrote on 3/15/2021, 8:22 AM

@Ashley-Jensen

In addition to what @SP. has suggested, your screenshot shows that the app is actually running but that splashscreen seems to be "stuck".

When I updated to the latest version I experienced rather different problems but, essentially, the app would not run! (The attempt to update caused my AV to flag "musicmaker.exe" as a virus! Hence it quarantined it and I could not even open the app!) I had to take the rather drastic action of completely removing it, using Revo Uninstaller. I then reinstalled it, entered my serial key (which I accessed via my Magix account) and then allowed the downloads and content installation to proceed normally.

I did wonder whether the uninstallation would also remove MM 2020, but it did not, and after MM 2021 and all the content was reinstalled I actually ended up with the app running more smoothly than it had for quite some time! e.g., I was no longer met with a range of Downloads which, despite me selecting to install them numerous times, never showed as installed. The only item now on that tab is SFAS 12, which is actually already installed and working.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

I followed everything you and @SP. Suggested and I’m still stuck with the splash screen not clearing. I download revo uninstaller, did a full registry wipe, reinstalled and it’s still there. No internet, no firewall, even admin mode didn’t work. It worked perfectly before the new update, and now I’m stuck with it not working. I also don’t seem to have a serial code for my music maker, which I bought through the humble bundle deal that had been going on some time ago.

but yeah, when I close the program itself,the splash screen does not go away and I have to task manager it away.

emmrecs wrote on 3/15/2021, 9:07 AM

@Ashley-Jensen

Sorry you seem to be still experiencing this problem!

Just to clarify one thing: did you allow Revo Uninstaller to run and uninstall the app and did you also allow it to run its Advanced Scan? The mention of a full registry wipe slightly worries me! I assume you mean you removed everything related to MM from your computer? That should not have been necessary; the Advanced Scan of Revo would have found all those registry entries and given you the opportunity to say whether or not you wished to remove them.

I think we need to have one more go at completely removing the old installation. So, please try Revo again, making sure you use its Advanced (Deep) San option. (Just remember the caveat of checking carefully everything that is listed for removal if you have any other Magix program installed.) Then, just to be sure, go to this page, download the Microsoft tool there, run it and allow it to remove anything MM related which it finds. Then restart your computer and attempt the reinstall again.

Let us know the outcome!

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SP. wrote on 3/15/2021, 9:26 AM

@Ashley-Jensen If I have the same problem with a splash screen that gets stuck usually a reboot helps but in your case it looks like it didn't help. Are your computer specifications enough for the minimum requirements of Music Maker?

Graham-Hawker wrote on 3/15/2021, 9:35 AM

This is the new splash screen that I believe opens once Music Maker is open for the first time after the update is installed. It's not the same as the splash that opens when you start the program. It's really an advert. However there should be a continue button showing below the text and it looks like not all your splash screen is showing. This might be something to do with screen size in Windows.

After you click continue you then get four more screen and the last one is the final encouragement to buy Music Maker 2021 rather than using the free version.

johnebaker wrote on 3/15/2021, 10:33 AM

@Ashley-Jensen, @Graham-Hawker

Hi

When I updated Music Maker, I too did not get a Continue button on the new splash screen however pressing the Enter key closed it.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Ashley-Jensen wrote on 3/15/2021, 4:48 PM

I am so upset..................my freaking computer had scaling up to 175%!!!! I LOWERED IT AND I CAN SEE THE CONTINUE BUTTON JUST FINE ITS BEEN FIVE DAYS. ARRRRGHHH

thank you everyone, I am gonna go hide in a cave now. @SP. @johnebaker @emmrecs @Graham-Hawker you were right, the window size was the problem.