Timeline won't show up

lynns wrote on 5/30/2013, 12:41 PM

I'm using Magix Video X5, and the timeline simply won't show up! I was in the middle of a project, and the timeline disapeared. So I clicked on "Window" and the box that comes down from "Window" with the tools, were all gray as if I couldn't click on any of them. My monitors, media pool, project folder etc. were all showing up, but the timeline just isn't their. Any help please? I have a project I need by the end of this month.... Thank you for any answers in advance!! I apreciate any help.

Comments

Coastman wrote on 5/30/2013, 1:51 PM

Hi.  Although I'm not familiar with your particular program,I think certain things are standard in the Magix/Xara setup. So,try this: When you have your program open,go to the top of the screen to 'FILE' and click on it. On the Menu,look for 'SETTINGS'. Cick on Settings then select 'Reset program to Default Settings'. The program should automatically close itself,then re-open to its standard layout view.On my program (MEP 2013),on the far LEFT,there are three square icons just a little bit  below the video Preview Pane/Window. The very first one is just a blank square,the second one is divided into 4 smaller squares,and the THIRD one looks like a series of bars and dots,something like that. If you DO have this icon,click on it,as this one <should> display your Timeline!  I hope this helps!!??  Regards,Ray.