This serial number has already been registered to another email addres

Dominic-Westall wrote on 7/26/2021, 4:58 PM

Hello,

I purchased a Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 15 (today). Registration and Activation process went smoothly. However, when trying to open an .MP3 file I get a message " This serial number has already been registered to another email address. Please contact MAGIX support. Error Code -24."

I used to own SF 9 and this was registered to a different email address. But I am using a new and different version, right?

Can you help please?

TIA - Dominic

Comments

rraud wrote on 7/27/2021, 11:07 AM

Assuming you purchased the software from Magix, check the email address you are using is the same as you purchased the software with. It may be different than the one you use for the forum. Otherwise you will need to contact Magix customer service.
email: infoservice@magix.net

This is a Sound Forge users group and no one here has access to customer serials, email or registration info. btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum.

Dominic-Westall wrote on 7/27/2021, 5:53 PM

Hi there. Having an email address helps a lot. I could not find one on the Magix site. I managed to solve my problem by uninstalling the product and installing it with the other email address, which I found my searching my memory. I dislike the activation checker process, but so be it. I appreciate you taking the time to reply to my post AND thanks for sharing that email address.

rraud wrote on 7/28/2021, 1:37 PM

Your Sound Forge product serial code and the email address you used when your initially registered the product are paired. Unfortunately, Magix does not clearly state this factor, so more than a few folks experienced the same issue.
If you do wish to use a different email address, it can be changed in your Magix Service Center settings. but since it works now, if it ain't broke don't fix it.