"This serial # has already been registered to another email address."

Tom-Richey wrote on 7/20/2022, 12:40 PM

I downloaded Sound Forge Pro 16 in March to a Ryzen AMD PC with Windows 11 and used it successfully for about 2 months. Then about 2 months ago when I tried to start the program it told me that the program needed to be activated. I entered the serial number using Copy to make sure I got it right and my email address. The program put green check marks next to the boxes for the serial number and email address, but when I click the "Activate & register immediately online" button it comes back with the error message "This serial number has already been registered to another email address." I checked "User data" under "My Account" and my email address is spelled correctly. Does anyone know why it's making me activate again and why it's refusing to let me in?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

rraud wrote on 7/20/2022, 1:04 PM

You must use the same email address that was used for the initial activation/registration. Your Sound Forge serial code and email address are paired and must be used together.

Otherwise and FYI, one license can activate Sound Forge on two (2) PCs simultaneously. Has SF been activated on two PCs? If so, you will need to deactivate one and reactivate. Visit the MAGIX Service Center and log into your account, go to My Products > Show More Details > Deactivate. This option can be used once a month. The other option in SF, can be used as often as you wish. Go to the SF 'Help' menu and select 'Deactivate the Software on this PC'. The PC must be connected to the internet, A '365' subscription version can only be activated on one (1) device at a time.

If all else fails, email Magix customer service with your purchase info: infoservice@magix.net.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Tom-Richey .

Tom-Richey wrote on 7/20/2022, 1:26 PM

It's not installed on 2 PCs, but I did previously have Sound Forge 9 on a different PC. I saw that someone else who had had Sound Forge 9 had the same problem. If that's the issue, how do I fix it?

rraud wrote on 7/20/2022, 5:48 PM

SF-9 should not affect SF-16 in any way and any issue would be a coincidence .,, they are on different planets.. so to speak.

Log-in to "Magix Service Center> My Products" to see if SF is listed there, if it's not, you probably used the wrong email. Your Magix forums log-in email could be different from your Sound Forge registration email. You can email Magix at the above address to verify your Sound Forge email address and serial and ask to change the email address.