technical problems with soundforge 15 pro. keyboard, cursor, level

Martin-Piyadhammo wrote on 11/23/2021, 6:42 AM

I used soundforge 11 pro now over 10 years, just a few days upgraded to soundforge 15 pro. I have the following issues: Soundleves don't display, the sound plays, but I don't see a cursor. Shortcut keys don't work. In the popup windows, for instance volume all I can work with the keyboard is putting something into the textbox. Pressing enter or tab has no effect.

Comments

rraud wrote on 11/23/2021, 9:43 AM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Martin-Piyadhammo.

I donot recall any reports of all these issues happening at once. Does your PC have the minimum requirements. Win 8 or 10, Processor: 1 GHz RAM: 512 MB Graphics card: Onboard, min. resolution 1024 x 768 Sound card: Onboard Hard drive space: 500 MB for program installation'

Have you rebooted the PC after the SFP-15 installation? I would first try to re-set SFP-15 (see this comment). if that does not work, delete the 'Magix downloads' folder in Documents, Uninstall SFP-15, re-boot the PC, temporarily disable anti-virus utilities and re-download SFP-15 from your 'Magix Service Center> My Products' account and reinstall SFP-15, The other plug-ins and options should not need to be re-installed if they were previously.

If all thee above does not help, request a Magix Sound Forge support ticket.
btw, requesting support is a bit convoluted so you should peruse a recent instructional (cheat sheet): https://www.magix.info/us/forum/unable-to-record--1272206/#ca1661047

Martin-Piyadhammo wrote on 11/24/2021, 7:06 AM

Hi rraud! Thanks My computer is a Ryzen7 with 64GB Ram and 6 GB Vram. I'm running windows 10. So there should not be any problem. I followed your advice to restart the computer after installing Soundforge and yes most of it is working now correctly. What I have a problem with is still some of the keyboard shortcuts. For instance if no sound window is open pressing Alt-P displays the process menu. Or Alt-E displays the Edit menu. However both of them don't work, when there is a sound window open. Then these key combinations do something else but cannot be found or changed in customize your keyboard. Some help for this would be appreciated.

rraud wrote on 11/24/2021, 10:45 AM

On (my) SFP-15 w/ build 64, Alt+E opens the "Event" mode (with an active timeline) and a the "Edit" menu without an active TL. This has been fixed on the beta build so it opens the Edit menu with or w/o an active TL. There are a few other bugs with shortcuts (and text). Most if not all, have already been addressed and will be included in the next SFP-15 update, (build). I am not sure when the update will be published, but is should be soon.