Comments

SP. wrote on 8/15/2022, 12:38 AM

@dmstar1956 That's not directly an audio buffer problem, but the MIDI Note Off message isn't triggered. It could be that your system gets overloaded and the message isn't triggered correctly. I never encountered an ASIO buffer size of 1280 samples. Does your driver allow these settings? The drivers I use usually only allow values that are powers of 2 like 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048.

dmstar1956 wrote on 8/15/2022, 7:09 AM

I have a Dell laptop with an I5 processor, 8GB of RAM and an SST drive. I can't imagine my system would be experiencing a processing overload. The buffer selection in advance settings is a slider (see below). I simply moved it over to a point where sound was enabled when I played the on-screen keyboard. There are no specific settings for buffer size suggested in the manual. Should I be choosing a specific buffer size? I have an integrated sound card. Would I go into device manager to make such an adjustment?

This issue with the MIDI Note Off message not being triggered is driving me crazy since its happening over and over again. I can't play/record anything without this happening.

Also, on the first track of this song I saved (see below), the notes aren't displayed now for some reason. They were there when I first recorded the track. Notice no notes in the piano roll. How could they just disappear? I also don't understand what the crisscrossing lines mean on midi track 1. They just appeared out of nowhere.

Another issue I'm having is with recording something on track 3 When I select track 3, the keyboard still plays the instrument on track 1.

Am I overlooking something real obvious? I can't figure it out. I select 'midi rec' but it won't play the sound selected. It keeps playing the instrument selected for track 1.

dmstar1956 wrote on 8/15/2022, 7:19 AM

Ok. I figured out the last issue. I remembered I have to load a synthesizer via the synthesizer menu in the track header.

SP. wrote on 8/15/2022, 7:39 AM

@dmstar1956 Your settings look okay. If the sound doesn't start to stutter or crackle your buffer size is large enough. If you add more and more tracks to your project the buffer size can become too small and perhaps needs to be increased. But at the moment it looks like your settings are enough for three tracks.

If MIDI Rec is enabled on track 3, your MIDI should be recorded on track 3 and not on track 1. It seems you solved it by loading an instrument into the track.

And of course the MIDI notes shouldn't be invisible. Maybe your project got some problems or it is another bug in Music Maker. It could help to start a new project and reset the program settings.

It looks like you aren't using the newest version? In the new version the Magix Low Latency driver was replaced by Music Maker ASIO. There were also other bugfixes. You don't need to buy the newest version, just download and install the free edition and all your features will be transferred. But your old version will be uninstalled. If you have unfinished projects you better export everything as a backup. It's possible that the bugs will not appear in the new version. But of course, it's possible that other bugs get introduced.

dmstar1956 wrote on 8/22/2022, 8:23 AM

If you have unfinished projects you better export everything as a backup...

So finished projects won't be deleted?

johnebaker wrote on 8/22/2022, 1:30 PM

@dmstar1956

Hi

. . . .  also don't understand what the crisscrossing lines mean on midi track 1 . . . .

There are 2 midi objects occupying the same space on the timeline, the top one is empty - try dragging it to the right as shown below.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

dmstar1956 wrote on 8/22/2022, 1:55 PM

👍

dmstar1956 wrote on 8/22/2022, 2:02 PM

Notes keep playing after releasing the keys when using the on-screen keyboard. SP in a previous reply, I think, correctly identified the issue (midi note off message is not being triggered).

Anyone with any ideas about how to fix this? I am going to download and install Music Maker 2023, but I'm still curious to know if anyone else has experienced this problem.

johnebaker wrote on 8/22/2022, 3:36 PM

@dmstar1956

Hi

. . . . Notes keep playing after releasing the keys when using the on-screen keyboard. . . . .

If you are using the mouse to click and hold down the keys of the on screen keyboard this could be:

• a mouse issue where a long left click is held after release

• an Ease of access / Accessibilty feature eg keyboard Sticky keys is turned on.

• If this is a laptop, ensure the touchpad is deactivated when using a mouse, accidental touching while using may cause lockup issues.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

dmstar1956 wrote on 8/22/2022, 4:03 PM

I neglected to mention that it also happens when I'm playing my Yamaha synthesizer. Very frustrating.