Strange layout bugs in Music Maker 2022

_KI_ wrote on 7/21/2021, 10:29 AM

Every now and then, track view resizes itself to be "tiny box", without anyway of resizing to fill whole area. I.e. other component containers stay in place (bottom and left), but track view won't be filling whole area available for it. Trying to reset or change layout doesn't seem to fix, and so far I've found out only that program restart seems to be fix for this. This is rather problematic, since when this bug is hit (seems to be reasonably frequent), all the playback controls are also lost of course.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 7/21/2021, 5:24 PM

@_KI_

Hi

Try pressing Shift + F12 to optimise the Arranger pane.

If this does not work please post a screen shot of the Arranger pane when it 'minimises'.

To maximise the Arranger to full screen turn off all the indicated icons shown below, the Arranger pane is self adjusting - I work with the minimum number turned on as necessary.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

_KI_ wrote on 7/21/2021, 5:50 PM

Bug appears like this, pressing SHIFT + F12 does nothing. Pressing F4 to reset to standard layout, surely resets all the other containesr, but this track view still remains in it's miniscular state.

When resizing other container areas in attempt to trigger resize, this is got instead, i.e. garbage appears in track view's supposed container area.

Side note:

There's actually also second variant of resize issue, which doesn't bluntly prevent working, but is a annoying. In second variant, track view becomes vertically as small as it can get, and container area (keyboard, etc.) below it grows then to be very high.